<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DX09 Keaton Batman - OMG Photo Review

I've gotta agree with Nova on the Metal Gear Solid figures. Though it hasn't been 20 years it has been a damn long time and the thought of having the Hot Toys equivalent of my McFarlane figures on my shelf is almost too exciting for words. I hope we get at least some news on them in 2012.

Well let's just say, a Returns suit definitely warrants a figure. The only thing that's the same is the man that's in the suit and the belt. Everything else, the chest symbol, the armor torso, armor on the legs, gauntlets and boots are all different. He's got new gadgets as well. Batarang, double barreled spear gun and acid capsules.

bm8.jpg
\

And yeah, why haven't we seen Metal Gear Solid figures yet? I'm not interested but I remember that "what do you want to see" poll and Metal Gear Solid, Batman and oddly enough, Sucker Punch was at the top.

Also there's a perfect scene in Batman Returns that you can emulate with PERS. It's when Batman has the standoff with the Penguin near the end outside Arctic World and he moves his eyes over to look at the remote in his hand.

I've gotta agree with Nova on the Metal Gear Solid figures. Though it hasn't been 20 years it has been a damn long time and the thought of having the Hot Toys equivalent of my McFarlane figures on my shelf is almost too exciting for words. I hope we get at least some news on them in 2012.

I must be tired, it's been 10 years for me, since MGS2 came out.

Well let's just say, a Returns suit definitely warrants a figure. The only thing that's the same is the man that's in the suit and the belt. Everything else, the chest symbol, the armor torso, armor on the legs, gauntlets and boots are all different. He's got new gadgets as well. Batarang, double barreled spear gun and acid capsules..

Fair enough, i wouldn't object to HT making it, but not untill after every announced license has had a few figures for those fans. If it came before them i would object as Bat-fans have this fig to tied them over, while the other fans have nothing.

The eyes look amazing, perfect example of PERS gone right (other than the whole back of the head popping off thing.)

To be fair though, this Batman and Joker isn't just "another Batman Hot Toys figure".

It's not like this is the 10th Bale Batman or the 10th Ledger Joker, those milkable choices, like Iron Man that you seem to dislike. It's been two decades since official '89 Batman figures have come out. There were customs, sure, but they weren't nearly as obtainable, or as good as these.

Put it this way, I don't know what licenses or lines you want specifically, but I can tell you, whatever they may be that their fans haven't been waiting nearly as long as fans have for Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman figures. We're talking decades here.

If it was TDK V4.50 suit, I could agree with you but this is literally the first, official 1989 Batman. It, along with the Joker and Batmobile are it's own license.

Now if they start popping out "Jack Nicholson Joker V2, V3, V4" and variations of Keaton Batman, then I'll see your point. But for now, let it have it's spotlight. It's about damn time.

100% agreed !

The eyes look amazing, perfect example of PERS gone right (other than the whole back of the head popping off thing.)
Yup. Can't imagine this figure without PERS, given that he can't turn his head. and it makes the eyes looks so much more real.

Amazing photos as usual :clap

If theres only one thing that I find a bit awkward is maybe the cape? looks a bit 'floating' and doesnt fall naturally for some reason. But I think this is the best material that are close to the movie and yet thin enough for 1/6 scale I suppose. Cant wait to get this :rock

Man, I'm seriously thinking of getting AT LEAST another one besides the 2 I have on preorder.:thud: Why? I don't know. It's just so beauuuuuutiful!

Freaking Hot Toys.:gah:

It would have been way better if the pers joystick was accessed behind the mouth piece with one of those tools that came with the dx02.

Man, I'm seriously thinking of getting AT LEAST another one besides the 2 I have on preorder.:thud: Why? I don't know. It's just so beauuuuuutiful!

Freaking Hot Toys.:gah:

While Hot Toys aren't limited anymore, still consider those out there wanting to get that extra one your thinking of as their only one, if anything it'll stop HT having to remake another one.

_____

I've decided that amongst my reasons posted and the great rebuttle by DiFabio that i'm gonna have to leave this.

I've got things that i've had to leave for finacial reasons that i'd prefer to get before i can't anymore and before that a new living room chair, new display cabinet and so on.

My last words will be to be patient with the Batmobile, there are many figures and licenses due before that, that need to be done for those fans who've been waiting just as long if not longer for them than you have, you'll get it, but at the moment you've got this great figure to keep you happy, they haven't.

:wave

While Hot Toys aren't limited anymore, still consider those out there wanting to get that extra one your thinking of as their only one, if anything it'll stop HT having to remake another one.

_____

I've decided that amongst my reasons posted and the great rebuttle by DiFabio that i'm gonna have to leave this.

I've got things that i've had to leave for finacial reasons that i'd prefer to get before i can't anymore and before that a new living room chair, new display cabinet and so on.

My last words will be to be patient with the Batmobile, there are many figures and licenses due before that, that need to be done for those fans who've been waiting just as long if not longer for them than you have, you'll get it, but at the moment you've got this great figure to keep you happy, they haven't.

:wave

We get it already...

Back