<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DX09 Keaton Batman - OMG Photo Review

What about T-1000?

I don't care if it's a "waste" of money or doesn't make sense. I buy multiples of the figures I love, especially ones that require handling when you have to swap parts. Then again, the only Hot Toys figures I own are from Terminator and Batman, then Superman and Spidey. That's pretty much it.

really considering selling all my TDK figures to just have Keaton and Nicholson as my definitive bat figures in my collection
That's what I did. The decision was made even easier by Hot Toys promising their 3rd/4th remake of the Dark Knight figures I owned. Got rid of them while they were still worth something and put the funds toward the 1989 collection.

I keep coming back to this thread. I have no idea why....

That's what I did. The decision was made even easier by Hot Toys promising their 3rd/4th remake of the Dark Knight figures I owned. Got rid of them while they were still worth something and put the funds toward the 1989 collection.

I might sell my TDK MMS71.

if i do it'll likely be like the MK II (AU) i'll sell my original to get the new one and then decide that i don't really miss it off my shelf and cancek the new one.

You seem conflicted about purchasing this Nova. :lol

I'd say, go for it, the worst you could do is "rent it" for awhile before reselling it.

If an eBay store has them for sure in hand and ready to ship, I'll consider picking one up which would be my second. I don't have doubles of anything in my collection. 1989s Bats and possibly Joker will be the exception :lecture

You seem conflicted about purchasing this Nova. :lol

I'd say, go for it, the worst you could do is "rent it" for awhile before reselling it.

You hit the nail on the head DiFabio, i want the figure in my hands, but i don't want to keep it i think, it's the temptation of seeing how awesome it looks and wanting to see it in-hand, but not really wanting to own it. :lol

You hit the nail on the head DiFabio, i want the figure in my hands, but i don't want to keep it i think, it's the temptation of seeing how awesome it looks and wanting to see it in-hand, but not really wanting to own it. :lol

why don't you wanna own it ? It's an awesome figure.

You hit the nail on the head DiFabio, i want the figure in my hands, but i don't want to keep it i think, it's the temptation of seeing how awesome it looks and wanting to see it in-hand, but not really owning it. :lol

A "revolving door" collection isn't a bad idea, especially if you want to see what a great figure is like without committing to a high price. Then suppose you do love this Batman and want to keep it, you'd be happy that you bought it in the first place.

I'm not sure if this will be $500 plus on the secondary market like his other Batman brothers, but I certainly wouldn't take my chances.

Like I said, the headsculpt, faces, gadgets/weapons and improved "rubber" suit is worth it to me. The removable rods in the cape is pretty nifty as well.

If an eBay store has them for sure in hand and ready to ship, I'll consider picking one up which would be my second. I don't have doubles of anything in my collection. 1989s Bats and possibly Joker will be the exception :lecture

At least two reliable sellers already do.

why don't you wanna own it ? It's an awesome figure.

A "revolving door" collection isn't a bad idea, especially if you want to see what a great figure is like without committing to a high price. Then suppose you do love this Batman and want to keep it, you'd be happy that you bought it in the first place.

I'm not sure if this will be $500 plus on the secondary market like his other Batman brothers, but I certainly wouldn't take my chances.

Like I said, the headsculpt, faces, gadgets/weapons and improved "rubber" suit is worth it to me. The removable rods in the cape is pretty nifty as well.

Alright guys don't cruify me for this, it's just how i feel...

I'm not huge into batman, i much prefer Batman Returns to this film, so i do like the figure and it's extremely similar to the Returns suit, but honestly i'm sick of Hot Toys Batman, it's 2/3 taken over the DC section, it's all over the FB page with movie stills and stuff and the only way i'm gonna get the figures i really want like those listed in my sig is if i don't support the HT Caschcows with my money, it'll most likley not change a thing, but it's all i can do.

Put it this way this year, unless HT get started on the licenses they announced last year then most of 2012 will have 90% un-original characters, TDKR, Avengers, Robocop, Predator, pretty much all of those characters have all been made by HT.

The only thing i can do is speak with my wallet, which is ridiculously hard when works of art like this pop up and tempt you like mad :lol

Alright guys don't cruify me for this, it's just how i feel...

I'm not huge into batman, i much prefer Batman Returns to this film, so i do like the figure and it's extremely similar to the Returns suit, but honestly i'm sick of Hot Toys Batman, it's 2/3 taken over the DC section, it's all over the FB page with movie stills and stuff and the only way i'm gonna get the figures i really want like those listed in my sig is if i don't support the HT Caschcows with my money, it'll most likley not change a thing, but it's all i can do.

Put it this way this year, unless HT get started on the licenses they announced last year then most of 2012 will have 90% un-original characters, TDKR, Avengers, Robocop, Predator, pretty much all of those characters have all been made by HT.

The only thing i can do is speak with my wallet, which is ridiculously hard when works of art like this pop up and tempt you like mad :lol

Well they are both black and have a cape but otherwise nearly completely different. :slap :lol

To be fair though, this Batman and Joker isn't just "another Batman Hot Toys figure".

It's not like this is the 10th Bale Batman or the 10th Ledger Joker, those milkable choices, like Iron Man that you seem to dislike. It's been two decades since official '89 Batman figures have come out. There were customs, sure, but they weren't nearly as obtainable, or as good as these.

Put it this way, I don't know what licenses or lines you want specifically, but I can tell you, whatever they may be that their fans haven't been waiting nearly as long as fans have for Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman figures. We're talking decades here.

If it was TDK V4.50 suit, I could agree with you but this is literally the first, official 1989 Batman. It, along with the Joker and Batmobile are it's own license.

Now if they start popping out "Jack Nicholson Joker V2, V3, V4" and variations of Keaton Batman, then I'll see your point. But for now, let it have it's spotlight. It's about damn time.

Like what? different abs is the only thing i noticed, but then again i don't freeze frame films and study the details of the actors outifts :lol

Do you really want me to list differences? :lol

Instant buy even if the position of the pers is pure lame..
One of the coolest and best hot toys figure ever!

To be fair though, this Batman and Joker isn't just "another Batman Hot Toys figure".

It's not like this is the 10th Bale Batman or the 10th Ledger Joker, those milkable choices, like Iron Man that you seem to dislike. It's been two decades since official '89 Batman figures have come out. There were customs, sure, but they weren't nearly as obtainable, or as good as these.

Put it this way, I don't know what licenses or lines you want specifically, but I can tell you, whatever they may be that their fans haven't been waiting nearly as long as fans have for Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman figures. We're talking decades here.

If it was TDK V4.50 suit, I could agree with you but this is literally the first, official 1989 Batman. It, along with the Joker and Batmobile are it's own license.

Now if they start popping out "Jack Nicholson Joker V2, V3, V4" and variations of Keaton Batman, then I'll see your point. But for now, let it have it's spotlight. It's about damn time.

I'm glad you're getting a fig you've wanted for so long DiFabio :duff

I hope Hot Toys hurries up with Metal Gear Solid, i've waited 20 years for Hot Toys quality figures of Snake, Raiden, Grey Fox etc...

(for the record, i don't hate Iron Man or Batman (i have 3 batman figures & 4 IM), but for every new figure from those licenses is one less figures from new licenses or under-developed licenses, i don't find it fair to those fans)

Do you really want me to list differences? :lol

Not really, they're probably things i wouldn't have noticed until someone pointed them out :lol

Back