Olivetti Venom Comiquette Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that. He's one of my favorite Sideshow pieces, but I still think he should have been bigger. Either way, I don't see Sideshow making a better one.

Just fet the guy who made the first venom to do another one.

He's crouching

I agree. Not only is he crouching but it's an extreme pose on top of that. His left shoulder is right above his left thigh. It's a very compact looking pose. It can easily throw off the look of the scale. However, I certainly don't feel like it's a 1/5 scale piece. The other issue is Spidey. The original COM is actually bigger than 1/4 scale so that combined with Venom's pose can cause peeps to question his scale. However, when I received the Venom COM and took it out of the box, there was no doubt in my mind that this statue is 1/4 scale. The statue is heavy and big when you handle it.

Yep looks like I'm the only one without one ha. I remember back before I bought my first Sideshow statue. I just admired them all without ever purchasing. All those $299 masterpieces that I missed out on because I wasn't collecting, I feel so stupid for it. Spider Man Com, Venom Com, Wolverine PF, Gambit PF, Ms Marvel PF. Seems like the list goes on and on and I missed em all because I was just kid right outta high school. 😣

Yep looks like I'm the only one without one ha. I remember back before I bought my first Sideshow statue. I just admired them all without ever purchasing. All those $299 masterpieces that I missed out on because I wasn't collecting, I feel so stupid for it. Spider Man Com, Venom Com, Wolverine PF, Gambit PF, Ms Marvel PF. Seems like the list goes on and on and I missed em all because I was just kid right outta high school. ��

That was all basically out of your control. All you can do now is just pay the aftermarket prices or wait for another version of the characters you missed to get done. Trust me, I'm a season Vet that's been around for awhile and I still missed out on a few pieces I wanted for various reasons. It's best to keep in mind that the popular characters will get revisited from time to time. Hell, we already have 2 Red Skull, Dr. Doom, Sabretooth, and Emma Frost PFs. You best believe SSC (and other companies) will keep pumping out Marvel's most famous characters again and again. My greatest hope is that we see another classic Cap PF again in the near future. Right now he's my biggest need for my Marvel collection.

Yeah quality is just not as good anymore though. We all know that, but it's cool. I don't let many pre orders get away from me since I started

Yeah quality is just not as good anymore though. We all know that, but it's cool. I don't let many pre orders get away from me since I started

Yeah, quality isn't the same for me just because SSC has moved away from solid casts on almost all their merch. That said, there is still some good stuff they're giving us. The DC line is looking really good (Lobo particularly looks F'n AWESOME) and some of their Marvel pieces are looking good too (King & Gladiator HULK PFs ROCK). The Marvel line has also recently given us a really cool looking Cap PF and the new Spidey PF looks all kinds of good to me.

You got the right idea for the most part now. If you like something...jump on it. This way you're sure to have what you want for your collection. I don't hesitate at all for pieces I KNOW I want to add to my collection.

Managed to get one recently for a great price. Already one of my favorite statues can't believe I never went after one until now.

FC3222E0-8789-476A-8F54-83D09CEF540C.jpgD31BBE87-6DEC-47E4-8790-967F948DBBA8.jpg

I've always loved the sculpt ....but I hated the pose. Congrats, nonetheless.

Congrats! I had it and stupidly sold it. I miss it more than any other piece I've ever sold. Part of me says to skip trying to find the XM and skip the P1 and buy a comiquette instead.

Congrats! I had it and stupidly sold it. I miss it more than any other piece I've ever sold. Part of me says to skip trying to find the XM and skip the P1 and buy a comiquette instead.

Lol I think I was just looking up posts on this statue and found your sale thread from way back when.

This statue is a classic and will always be one of the very best examples in the hobby. Every company making venom statues now had large shoes to fill and had been greatly influenced by this statue.

Back