Olivetti Venom Comiquette Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow/ Olivetti - Venom Comiquette

Ironically while viewing the Bowen FB Crouching Venom, there were knocks on my door...Reminded me whose the best venom statue out there!!!:chew
Its still icy cold out of the box 30mins ago.:joy
DSCF0389.jpg

DSCF0391.jpg

DSCF0402.jpg

A comparison pic.
DSCF0397.jpg

is that the besta shelves?? i thought they were just boxes stacked on each other, these look more like adjustable shelves.

do you have pics of the overall display with the doors closed:naughty

WOW! That is one sweet looking statue man

is that the besta shelves?? i thought they were just boxes stacked on each other, these look more like adjustable shelves.

do you have pics of the overall display with the doors closed:naughty

There are a number of bookcase configurations you can get for the Besta and they have adjustable shelves within those units, so it makes them perfect for collectibles.

I have the tallest unit which is big enough for 6 PFs displayed individually (or 12 if you double them up).

I love how Animated Commando Spawn has his own big shelf to himself.

Wow, I just realized I responded to ink asking about the scale, but the person who posted Venom in the Besta wasn't Ink! My bad :monkey4

I can't wait to take pictures. I have the Spiderman 3 Venom statue as well so I think I can take some good comparison shots. Should Venom have his own picture thread or should we just keep them here?

There are a number of bookcase configurations you can get for the Besta and they have adjustable shelves within those units, so it makes them perfect for collectibles.

I have the tallest unit which is big enough for 6 PFs displayed individually (or 12 if you double them up).

Do you fasten your bestas to the wall like it indicates on the ikea website?

Wow, I just realized I responded to ink asking about the scale, but the person who posted Venom in the Besta wasn't Ink! My bad :monkey4

I can't wait to take pictures. I have the Spiderman 3 Venom statue as well so I think I can take some good comparison shots. Should Venom have his own picture thread or should we just keep them here?

I have the thor PF too :monkey1

Anyone else ever have a piece that they bought from a retailer get shipped directly to you from Sideshow?

Anyone else ever have a piece that they bought from a retailer get shipped directly to you from Sideshow?

no, but i know for retail customers ssc does have a form that you can fill out to have your order shipped to a different address, since i was doing that for awhile when i had a US address i was shipping to, to save on brokerage and duty charges. now that may be the same form the retailers fill out or they may have a different procedure for dealers than retail purchasers.

Yeah, I bought a piece from Shane at Secret Compass and that's how it was sent, directly from SSC.

Yeah, I bought a piece from Shane at Secret Compass and that's how it was sent, directly from SSC.

I bought a couple regulars from him and that's how they arrived. Kinda cool if you ask me... less time for them to be in the handas of the shipping gorillas.

How much did you end up paying, if you don't mind me asking?

I bought a couple regulars from him and that's how they arrived. Kinda cool if you ask me... less time for them to be in the handas of the shipping gorillas.

How much did you end up paying, if you don't mind me asking?

In terms of shipping? The auction included "free shipping" so I couldn't really say. But yes, I agree. I definitely prefered shipping directly from SSC. As you said, it made for less people handling the statue. I've never had anyone go that route before, but it works well IMO.

Anyone in the UK get this yet? I have it ordered from a local dealer but have no idea when it will get in.

Do you fasten your bestas to the wall like it indicates on the ikea website?

I did because I have it sitting on carpet and if I opened the two doors on the top row, the cabinet started to tip.

Back