Okay I've had it, they ARE NOT DOLLS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congerking said:
haven't read the entire thread, not sure if I want to, but my only problem with it is that people call them "DOLLS" as a way of degrading them and a way of degrading me collecting them. Case in Point: My buddy collects like I do. His brother's girlfriend came over and she walked by my buddy's room and looked on his shelf and said: "Uhhh...why does your brother collect DOLLS." At that point, I snapped and chewed her head off, but do you see my point? I have no problem with calling them "dolls" just don't use the word to put them or me down.

I think thats what inspired me to start this, people using the word dolls to insult them. I also like the point that dolls are meant to be played with and Sideshow stuff really is not, sure it's fun to pose them but they really wouldn't last in a five year old's sand box.

Actually, I think you have it the other way around... "action figures" are meant to be played with in sandboxes and such while "dolls" are for dressing (i.e. "futzing") and display.

IrishJedi said:
Actually, I think you have it the other way around... "action figures" are meant to be played with in sandboxes and such while "dolls" are for dressing (i.e. "futzing") and display.

Good point.

Simply enough, I just collect what I like. If they're dolls, so be it.

Re: Okay I've had it, they ARE NOT DOLLS or are they?

KitFisto said:
I don't see how anyone's opinion is a fact. It is to each person what it is. To many, price is a big factor. They have a hard time compairing a $400 Vader PF to a Cabbage Patch doll and I can see why. Others just see it as a much more expensive "doll".

To each his/her own is the bottom line here.

I don't see how a $400 Darth Vader doll is more expensive than a $1000 Cabbage Patch doll.

Besides, what is the big deal? Darth Vader wears a skirt!

to tell you the truth, this seems to be a pointless controversy for so many reasons so I'm hoping it'll stop SOON :eek:

Back