OK, so no 1/6 Vader for SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. SS has allready stated that its from the Prequel Trilogy. :(

:monkey2

I'm hoping it's something good. Bespin Luke is great! Ilum Padme...mmm not my preferred version of her, but she won (stupid voters! :banghead). So hopefully they've got a great pair of PT figs in the bag!...Or Vader. You must confront Vader!

The 2-pack is cut and dry PT, it was in print in their slideshow so there's no sense speculating on OT options other than future 2-packs, but don't expect it for this one.

As for the Vader armor simplicity and all, I don't think it's as basic as some people try to chop it down to. For one, even the Medi helmet is 100% perfect, for whatever reason, getting his helmet just right has been a challenge, but Medi's is about 98% there. I think Sideshow's seen the Medi Vader, probably owns/bought one for a time to study, and have their thoughts as to where things could be better or concerns where things could maybe be more cost efficient to keep Vader in their targe price range. Ultimately, they're trying to best serve us as collectors with budgets, as well as roll out a product that they feel is a good representation of their skills in this market, and until they can deliver on both of those traits, we won't see him. They took a whole year to get Boushh Leia to us and in my opinion, that was well worth it and paid off with us (who got one) getting a great figure. I know some were really bothered by the hair and beard paint on Obi-Wan, myself somewhat included, but overall he's still one of the best pieces they gave us so far and he was delayed a significant ammount as well. Sideshow's precedent is that the more time they spend on a product, the better it turns out for us. I stand by my blief that Yavin Luke was done somewhat hastily to make sure he was ready for CIV, and what came out was nice but it wasn't even up to Sideshow's own par. You rush them, and you get so so pieces, you let them take their time, and you get great stuff (I know some are questioning Snowbunny Padme but aside from the vinyl material I don't even think most of that is questionable).

Im still waging for something here. The chess table remains in la-la land. And I for one am not sold on it going with Leia or Ben, despite the training remote. So it's possible, however unlikely, that the droids may show up soon. I remain skeptic in regards to chewie, but the droids are plastic and a little more concieveable. Of course they could do another Han, and despite the fact that everyone but me hates the Bespin Han, half the board will go spastic at the sight of another character we already have. But in the end, only three characters REALLY go with the chessboard and Chewie is supposedly off the map.

A Nute 2 pack would be absolutely awful! Who the heck wants crappy Neimodians?

THANK YOU!!!:huh

I could see if they did Nute somewhere down the road, but why both??? Seems like a waste to me. There's much better stuff, even from the PT that they could do!

My vote would be Anakin and Padme from AOTC. Yes, two figures we already "have". Or a pair of female Jedi. Shaak and Aayla maybe! I could name 20 figures from the prequles that I want before Nute and Rune. Although I would buy a Nute/Dooku 2 pack, that'd be a good pair.

Anakin and Padmes wedding attire would be better than Nute and Rune

Definitely!

Although if we were placing bets. I'd put my money on a Palpatine/Sidious set from ROTS. It's a non brainer! Palpy in his red. Sidious in the purple/black from the Yoda fight or the black Eperor style robe from the end of the movie.

They wouldn't be something I'd choose either. But on the other hand, the costuming for them would be really elaborate and have alot of potential.

I'll admit that SSC handles aliens extremely well. In fact with proof like Jabba, Plo, Salcious, and Kit they've gotten it down to an artform. I have no doubt that Neimoidians would look good, and I'd probably wind up with Nute, but I don't a two pack is good idea. It's Rune Haako that kills it for me. One of the other Sepratists or Dooku would be better, imo. Plus I think if boxed together they'd look too similar sculpt-wise and might drive off the appeal for some.

Still, I'm gonna stick with Sidious/Palpatine set. Still hoping for Vader, but the two pack comotion has excited as well.

Nute/Rune may be horrible characters in the film, but their design and attire is unusual and different than anything else in the SS SW line thus far. I'd be happy to have them on that alone. And I personally can't help but think that having them, Maul and the newly acquired Holo Sidious all displayed together would awesome!

Nute/Rune may be horrible characters in the film, but their design and attire is unusual and different than anything else in the SS SW line thus far. I'd be happy to have them on that alone. And I personally can't help but think that having them, Maul and the newly acquired Holo Sidious all displayed together would awesome!

I think that the Maul/Holochair display was the real basis for their appeal. It started with talk in the Sidious thread and snowballed. Also besides them there's very few "pairs" in the Prequel trilogy, outside of Anakin and Obi Wan. At this point though I'm just curious to see what it is!:D

Back