OK, so no 1/6 Vader for SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only thing I am more concerned with the new product list is the quantity of other non 1/6 products. Its good news for others who collect PH and the comiquettes. but I am pretty much only collect 1/6 currently. The lower amount (or higher amount of PF, depending on your POV) of new 1/6 seems to signal SS is move away from 1/6 as their core mechandise and invest more into PF and others. This worrys me because I wonder if it will have any effect on the rumored "new body"? If SS doesn't see 1/6 in their future, (much like the demise of their 8" universal action figures, still some of their best work IMO) It doesn't make sense for them to put money into R&D for a new body.

the only thing I am more concerned with the new product list is the quantity of other non 1/6 products. Its good news for others who collect PH and the comiquettes. but I am pretty much only collect 1/6 currently. The lower amount (or higher amount of PF, depending on your POV) of new 1/6 seems to signal SS is move away from 1/6 as their core mechandise and invest more into PF and others. This worrys me because I wonder if it will have any effect on the rumored "new body"? If SS doesn't see 1/6 in their future, (much like the demise of their 8" universal action figures, still some of their best work IMO) It doesn't make sense for them to put money into R&D for a new body.

I hate to say it but I'm not getting good vibes about the STar Wars 12" line at the moment. The momentum has been lost and SS dont seem to be putting everything into them. They still havent stepped out of their comfort zone and on the only occasion where they have been forced to, with Padme, whilst the headsculpt is terrific, the overall look is a tad dissapointing and looks like with a touch more effort it could have been killer.

Easy, if you dont give a **** about Indy of LotR.

That's not SS fault. They can't just cater to SW fans.:eek:

I also totally disagree that their SW line is in trouble in any way. Maybe they've geared things back because of how hard and fast things came over the first year+.

Why is it everyone is so freaking quick to go chicken little. :confused:

Well, as others point out all the time, it's about competition. I'll admit in ways, HT and Medi do some things above Sideshow, but they also don't hold back on cost and result in $80-$150 figures where Sideshow works to keep it down in the $50-$70 range. HT and Medi sell out, so obviously there's a market, and LOTR, Terminator and Star Wars are marketable properties, so there's money to be made there. I think the 1/6 lines form Sideshow can sustain, but if sales drop, then an examination of character choice, production material choice, editions size and things like that should be examined to figure out why HT and Medi can do it at twice the price range. I don't think any of the big 3 are flawless, and I think if Sideshow could integrate some of the better features of all, including their own, that'd be some great product. I think Sideshow has the best paint technique and material for their faces of any of the makers, they look realistic not toyish, and Boushh has shown a more Medi-stlye ball joint neck, which is a step in the right direction for head articulation, which even HT isn't great for. I think there's a lean towards PF and statues, etc. because they're smaller ES and pricier so your ROI is better I would guess, plus, being artists, I'm sure they aim to work in mediums where they can really be creative.

We will get Vader. Maybe not to day but I guarantee we will have him within the next year and a half.

People really has it been so bad lately, I mean look at the last 3 regular 12" we got

Leia ANH
Obi-Wan ANH
Luke Bespin

Cant get much more classic and awesome than those 3 choices.

That's not SS fault. They can't just cater to SW fans.:eek:

I also totally disagree that their SW line is in trouble in any way. Maybe they've geared things back because of how hard and fast things came over the first year+.

Why is it everyone is so freaking quick to go chicken little. :confused:

I never said it was SS's fault, I was merely pointing out that if someone only collects 12" STar Wars items then this Comic Con has been a bit dissapointing from SS, especially after last year.

As for quickly going chicken little, its a feeling I've personally had for several months now.

Well, again thats our faults for building it up more than we should. I'm as guilty as anyone of doing that.

That's fine but there hasn't been a reason 2 honestly.

Well, again thats our faults for building it up more than we should. I'm as guilty as anyone of doing that.

That's fine but there hasn't been a reason 2 honestly.

I think we are all guilty of having high expectations. But lets face it after Jabba last year we have been majorly spoiled. I'm just sad that SS seems to be shifting focus away from Star Wars, which is great if you like stuff like LotR or Indy, but for me is a little dissapointing. At least Medicom has come out of its STar Wars shadow this year. Yoda, Blackhole, Sandy, Boba, Jango, Wicket and Maul in one year is terrific.

I'm still hoping we'll see some new type of environment for the 1/6 line-- ie the interior of the Millenium Falcon c-o-c-k-pit or maybe a booth from the cantina...

I'm not really so much disappoined as just shocked. How can we be this far along in a Star Wars line without Vader? They act like they're trying to figure out how to build a time machine or something. Leather jumpsuit, shoulder pads, cape... hop to it.

Well they started off really well but this year has mostly sucked. With each bad announcement people have given SS the benefit of the doubt, believing that thing will pick up and that they would pull some crackers out of the bag by the end of the year. Well it looks like Bespin Luke is the only new 12" that we will see at SDCC which is a major let down compared to last year. There is probably only going to be one further announcement this year, so the list this year reads:

Plo Koon
Endor Troops
Asajj Ventress
Chess table
Bubo
Princess Leia
Old Ben
Yavin Luke
Holo Sidious
Bespin Luke
Ilum Padme

More quantity that quality.

Ugh. I look at that list and realize why I haven't bought a SS 1/6 figure since Maul. The only one I'm remotely interested in there is Old Ben and I think most SW fans would agree that, aside from he, Leia and Luke(for the umpteenth time), that is a pretty unimpressive list of characters especially when Medicom is knocking out Boba, Jango and Maul all in less than a year. :(

I'm not really so much disappoined as just shocked. How can we be this far along in a Star Wars line without Vader? They act like they're trying to figure out how to build a time machine or something. Leather jumpsuit, shoulder pads, cape... hop to it.

:lol:mwaha:mwaha

Thats funny

Looking at Smudger's list I was surprised by how much I haven't been interested in.

Plo Koon - Reg.
Endor Troops - Bought rifleman
Asajj Ventress - Ex.
Chess table - PASS
Bubo - PASS
Princess Leia - Reg.
Old Ben - Ex.
Yavin Luke - Ex.
Holo Sidious - PASS
Bespin Luke - Will buy Ex.
Ilum Padme - PASS

Last year I considered my self a comlpetist but its easy to see this year I have scaled back on things not just passing on exclusives but passing on items all together.

Very surprising. Hmmmmm

The thing is SS is going outside the box and trying to do things or characters in different mixes. Instead of doing the same old same old (with the exception of Luke :lol). I guess some SW fans have a hard time thinking outside of Han, Luke, Leia, Ben, and Vader. Kind of sad IMO since there's much more to SW than just those guys.

The thing is SS is going outside the box and trying to do things or characters in different mixes. Instead of doing the same old same old (with the exception of Luke :lol). I guess some SW fans have a hard time thinking outside of Han, Luke, Leia, Ben, and Vader. Kind of sad IMO since there's much more to SW than just those guys.

There are also a helluva lot more interesting choices than Plo Koon, Bubo, Asajj Ventress(especially for non-EU fans) and a group of 3 random Endor Troops. Also, things like Ilum Padme and Holo Sidious are just very strange choices that aren't going to interest a lot of people. The list of character possibilities is endless with Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Snowtroopers, Clones, Royal Guards, Bounty Hunters, Palpatine, Sidious, Boba, Jango, Tusken Raiders, Dooku, Grievous and of course Vader. The bottom line is: WHERE THE HELL ARE THE VILLAINS IN THE STAR WARS LINE, SIDESHOW?

Back