OK... I Need A Van Helsing Sequel!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen Haters!

I think you are all missing the point with Van Helsing. It was an exciting Summer Popcorn flick with one or two jumps. The effects were great, everyone in the cinema cheered and clapped when i saw it, (and no... not just because it was over!) It was a reboot for some Universal monsters which in my opinion worked just fine!

This is not high art, it's just fun. Doesn't anybody remember what that is in a movie? Lots of people slag off the Prequel Trilogy because they weren't 10 years old anymore and didn't give in to the excitement, they sat there and wanted to be challenged.

I think one or two people on these boards need to relax a little.

Anyway, I'm still up for the sequel so there!!!:cool::cool::cool:

oh and one other thing,
saying that Van Helsing was as bad as the steaming piddly turd that is Battlefield Earth is just so dumd it goes beyond comprehension.....:mad::(:duh

D

oh and one other thing,
saying that Van Helsing was as bad as the steaming piddly turd that is Battlefield Earth is just so dumd it goes beyond comprehension.....:mad::(:duh

D

No, spelling dumb with two d's goes beyond comprehension-- but I love the irony.:peace

meh, it wasn't great, but it wasn't total crap
either. as far as ANY hellsing movie goes, i'd rather see one made from this.
hellsing_ova,_1_270_1024.jpg

No offense to the OP, but it WAS a giant steaming turd and I still say it's one of the worst summer popcorn flicks ever made. I'll watch mindless action flicks all day long, but this movie was just awful in every way. Sorry.

We need a double-bill.

This
van_helsing.jpg

followed ever so closely by this

southpark2_travolta.jpg

:rotfl

The second does'nt deserve to have its title mentioned, whats really bad is ive watched both these film all the way through in the theater. I should have asked for a refund.

No sequel please, like lerath666 posts a hellsing film with Alucard whould be awesome.

I throw my thoughts in. Will I watch it by myself-not really. Will I put it on with my 10yr old boy-yes. Never saw it in the theater only on dvd. I would rather see another League then this.

It's amazing how some "summer popcorn" films are almost universally hated while others aren't. :lol

I for one enjoyed VH for what it was but I certainly don't think we need a sequal. Like Sommers Mummy movies, this film tried to use the same formula but IMO it didn't work nowhere near as good as the Mummy films did. The humor really killed this movie. If the movie had kept a more "serious" tone and had used better CGI/special effects, I think it would have done much better. For the record, I do think Jackman did a good job as VH with what was given to him.

The soudtrack is the best part of the movie.

i didn't hate the movie, but don't ask me to go out and buy any copies of it or collectibles from it. (VH PF still up for sale??) i ended up seeing it twice in the same day....the first time i watched it we got all the way to the end when the projector died. luckily they had another one that started in 15 minutes so the manager said we could either get a refund or go see the next showing in the other theater. since i had LITERALLY nothing to do that day, me and my buddy just took a pee break, refilled the drinks, and moved to the next showing.

Listen Haters!

I think you are all missing the point with Van Helsing. It was an exciting Summer Popcorn flick with one or two jumps. The effects were great, everyone in the cinema cheered and clapped when i saw it, (and no... not just because it was over!) It was a reboot for some Universal monsters which in my opinion worked just fine!

This is not high art, it's just fun. Doesn't anybody remember what that is in a movie? Lots of people slag off the Prequel Trilogy because they weren't 10 years old anymore and didn't give in to the excitement, they sat there and wanted to be challenged.

I think one or two people on these boards need to relax a little.

Anyway, I'm still up for the sequel so there!!!:cool::cool::cool:

I LOVE The Mummy, Returns was fun too, Deep Rising, ect...Sommers does good for Summers, but this movie missed the mark entirely. Horrid acting, horrid effects, a stupid story....everything sucked. Like I said, the only thing good about the movie
(aside from Kate, forgot about her, crap outweighs the bad, no what I mean :naughty)
was Alan's score. Its brilliant. Epic, and moving. I love that score! But his Mummy Returns remains my all time favorite....anyway, the movie is godawful. I really cant pin point where it went wrong...so, the whole movie is ass.

oh and one other thing,
saying that Van Helsing was as bad as the steaming piddly turd that is Battlefield Earth is just so dumb it goes beyond comprehension.....:mad::(:duh

D

I totally agree with that statement. Battlefield Earth can only be put in the same boat as Charlies Angels 2 and Undercover Brother for pure suckage. While Van Helsing wasn't a great movie, it was a decent pop corn flick. The above three movies mentioned outside of Van Helsing, not so much so.

Charlies Angels 2... worst piece of crap ever.

She was the best part about it but sadly she's dead. So no reason really to make a part two.

True, but didn't we watch the Frankenstein monster "die" in every film from the old classic Universal Monsters movies? Its like superheroes and sci-fi...no one is ever really dead.
As for VH itself, it was an ok Saturday afternoon movie, but I despised what they did to "Adam" and am not a big fan of CGI wolves.

I caught the opening few minutes on the dish yesterday in between rain delays at Wimbledon and I remembered watching it in the theatre saying if they had kept the movie in black and white for the entire thing and gone in that direction I think it would have worked more...

Back