Oh, Matt Damon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not ALL teachers are these god-like superheroes some of you are making them out to be. Sure there's a lot of good ones out there, but the same could be said for people in any profession. There's also some really terrible teachers out there. I know, I had a few. :lol

Not ALL teachers are these god-like superheroes some of you are making them out to be. Sure there's a lot of good ones out there, but the same could be said for people in any profession. There's also some really terrible teachers out there. I know, I had a few. :lol

I agree that there's going to be bad ones out there, though I'm sure it's not 10%.

As for you, I bet you were a pain in the ass in school! :lol

LMAO IDK i mean yeah its cool to see him getting cocky with the media tools and hes being smart speaking for teachers but he didnt have to sound all mad an angry at the chick, your an actor just relax.

Where the hell are they anyway? Looks like a protest or somthing.

LMAO IDK i mean yeah its cool to see him getting cocky with the media tools and hes being smart speaking for teachers but he didnt have to sound all mad an angry at the chick, your an actor just relax.

Where the hell are they anyway? Looks like a protest or somthing.

His mum's a teacher, of course he's going to defend teachers. He's probably heard people beyatching about teachers and teaching his whole life and is simply taking it to this chick for making naive assumptions and asking a stupid question.

Dumping on teaching and teachers is old, it's lame and it's unimaginative. Matt Damon's 'just an actor' so he shouldn't be passionate or have an opinion about something he obviously cares about? Me, I find it refreshing.

I sat in on Julies class and sad to say the monsters they were you are right. Hahaha! The ____ty pay, politics, and benefits, not to mention the parents are far worse. :lol

#1 reason why this will be the second straight school year I'll be missing out on. :(

Pimpn' aint easy. :duff I know about 5 teachers, it's hardass work. And yeah, the parents are complete ____tards. Not all, but the ones who are outweigh the ones that aren't.

The parents can be the hardest part depending on the kid. Its really frustrating when you have a kid you're trying to help and making headway only to have the parents be the roadblock.

Correct not all teachers are great. I had some and worked with some.

Lemme guess. You're a cameraman, right? :nana:

Given the question and the "percentage" he pulled out his ass, they were looking to start ____ and picked on the wrong person. She questioned Matt, one of the A-listers in Hollywood and an Oscar winner for not only his acting but his writing, about working so much for "job security." Fact is, when studios find out he's involved, they get a bigger budget. :lol So many "activist" groups pull this ____ on stars on the regular basis and actually wind up making the stars look like idiots. Ironically, that wasn't the case here. But I wouldn't be surprised if they thought they got one over on him with this vid but were too stupid to realize they got PWND.

____ing finally. Matt Damon just got a free pass in my book. It's amazing how many misconceptions there are about teachers, especially when they seemed to be Public Enemy #1 during that whole Wisconsin thing it's refreshing to see him call it like it is. Long hours, ____ty pay, heavy passion. Despite what movies show as farce or what people think, this job is ____ed up.

The kids don't give a ____, they dare you to make them learn for the most part to the point where one or two kids who are actually engaged and love to learn brightens your whole damned day. The parents are clueless and expect you not only to play teacher but psychologist, surrogate caregiver, best friend, big brother and pay full attention to their little hellion and ignore the other 29 kids in the room, not to mention be at their beckon call and on top of it force knowledge into the kid's head by telepathy since they don't want to and aren't forced to do a damn thing.

Don't get me started on the administration who have their heads so far up the district board member's asses, I have to ask one to fart to get an answer from my principal and the board which wants you do to 200% more with 200% less resources and completely believes that the Cost of Living Increase you received 6 years ago should be more than enough to make it in this economy and we should be thankful for it.

It's no hidden agenda that when budget cuts happen they hit the schools first yet we are the first ones to be blamed when ____ goes wrong. Are there bad teachers? Absolutely but in most schools I would imagine you can call out the one or two teachers by name hiding behind tenure and the rest are just fine. There was a time where teachers went through the system and ____ed it up for the rest of us but a lot of those worthless _____es are retired and yet we still pay for sins of the father. The 1999 Standards movement and the NCLB act had a lot of them pulling early pensions and running.

Why do we do it? Because most teachers love it. We get right into the trenches and deal with all this bull____ because those teachers will tell you that the one kid, the one kid who learned something from you and is appreciative really wipes away all the other ____s who make your day a living hell. Trust me, when I stop loving this job and once it stops being fun I'm out, tenure or no tenure.

____ing finally. Matt Damon just got a free pass in my book. It's amazing how many misconceptions there are about teachers, especially when they seemed to be Public Enemy #1 during that whole Wisconsin thing it's refreshing to see him call it like it is. Long hours, ____ty pay, heavy passion. Despite what movies show as farce or what people think, this job is ____ed up.

The kids don't give a ____, they dare you to make them learn for the most part to the point where one or two kids who are actually engaged and love to learn brightens your whole damned day. The parents are clueless and expect you not only to play teacher but psychologist, surrogate caregiver, best friend, big brother and pay full attention to their little hellion and ignore the other 29 kids in the room, not to mention be at their beckon call and on top of it force knowledge into the kid's head by telepathy since they don't want to and aren't forced to do a damn thing.

Don't get me started on the administration who have their heads so far up the district board member's asses, I have to ask one to fart to get an answer from my principal and the board which wants you do to 200% more with 200% less resources and completely believes that the Cost of Living Increase you received 6 years ago should be more than enough to make it in this economy and we should be thankful for it.

It's no hidden agenda that when budget cuts happen they hit the schools first yet we are the first ones to be blamed when ____ goes wrong. Are there bad teachers? Absolutely but in most schools I would imagine you can call out the one or two teachers by name hiding behind tenure and the rest are just fine. There was a time where teachers went through the system and ____ed it up for the rest of us but a lot of those worthless _____es are retired and yet we still pay for sins of the father. The 1999 Standards movement and the NCLB act had a lot of them pulling early pensions and running.

Why do we do it? Because most teachers love it. We get right into the trenches and deal with all this bull____ because those teachers will tell you that the one kid, the one kid who learned something from you and is appreciative really wipes away all the other ____s who make your day a living hell. Trust me, when I stop loving this job and once it stops being fun I'm out, tenure or no tenure.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

:goodpost::goodpost::exactly::exactly:

I had only one teacher i'd like to see dead on the side of the road. Mainly because what she did, actually ____ed me up at school for the rest of my life....I used to be an honor student, but come 3rd Grade in her class....I mean when you had a _____ tell you every single day, that you're terrible, and making fun of you in the middle of the classroom, yelling all the time, kicking you out of the classroom, and not letting you back in because of a ____ing WASP HIVE was next to you, all for not using the right tool for math(12" ruler, vs. a 6" one), it could really ____ you up.

I really hope she's dead.

But that's my rant. :lol

Aside from that, i've had good teachers to ehhh teachers. But she is an evil vile women.

I had only one teacher i'd like to see dead on the side of the road. Mainly because what she did, actually ____ed me up at school for the rest of my life....I used to be an honor student, but come 3rd Grade in her class....I mean when you had a _____ tell you every single day, that you're terrible, and making fun of you in the middle of the classroom, yelling all the time, kicking you out of the classroom, and not letting you back in because of a ____ing WASP HIVE was next to you, all for not using the right tool for math(12" ruler, vs. a 6" one), it could really ____ you up.

I really hope she's dead.

But that's my rant. :lol

Aside from that, i've had good teachers to ehhh teachers. But she is an evil vile women.

:lol:rotfl:lol @ pre-3rd grade honor student. :lol:rotfl:lol

Though to be fair, that's still a higher education than Batty's. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Another thing I love hearing is people whining about how teachers get so many holidays. I've been there. The class-free time where you're not preparing material for the next term you spend every second of mentally recovering from the previous term.

The Wire season 4 offers an interesting take on some aspects of the public school system. Great viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back