Oh, Matt Damon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what's wrong with a single word he says. Teachers, nowadays, are superheroes, for the most part. They have to deal with the byproduct of failed parenting on the daily basis and when you have a lump of ____ who sits in a classroom all day, who's rude and disruptive, with no incentive to learn and parents who don't care if said lump of ____ does any homework, etc, and blame the school because their kid can't be bothered to do any work toward learning, the teachers take the rap for it.

Awesome. I know people like to rip-on celebrities when they have an opinion but I gotta give him credit for saying something intelligent. He spoke from his gut. Nothing wrong with that. :dunno And NAM I couldn't agree more, most parents seem to think school is some sort of free daycare. Which is bull____. LOL @ the cameraman comment.

I don't see what's wrong with a single word he says. Teachers, nowadays, are superheroes, for the most part. They have to deal with the byproduct of failed parenting on the daily basis and when you have a lump of ____ who sits in a classroom all day, who's rude and disruptive, with no incentive to learn and parents who don't care if said lump of ____ does any homework, etc, and blame the school because their kid can't be bothered to do any work toward learning, the teachers take the rap for it.

My wife teaches 4th grade and loved this video. I hate the crap she goes through on a daily basis. However I applaud her for putting up with it because it's her passion.

So the problem with underpaid, overworked teachers in apparently Pan-American. Too bad. This is sad.
Nam, everything you said also applies to Brazil, although it's probably a lot worse down here.

Awesome. I know people like to rip-on celebrities when they have an opinion but I gotta give him credit for saying something intelligent. He spoke from his gut. Nothing wrong with that. :dunno And NAM I couldn't agree more, most parents seem to think school is some sort of free daycare. Which is bull____. LOL @ the cameraman comment.

It's easier to blame the failures that one's offspring becomes on the system, the government, the schools or whatever than to actually perform the function of a responsible parent.

I love how the cameraman pulled the 10% number out of his ass. :lol

I've done a lot of school work here and I've gotten to know quite a few teachers, good & bad, pretty well but I gotta say Nam hit the nail on the head. Detroit teachers get a bad rap locally & nationally but the real issue that they face starts before class is even in session. These dumbass parents (mostly kids themselves) see no real value in education...it's an all day daycare, at best, to them. And as much as I hate to say it, they won't get it until education is only available to the few who can afford it.

It's hard to teach kids if they don't want to learn. People want to blame the teachers. I can only imagine the ____ they have to deal with now with everyone having cell phones and internet access 24/7.

That was awesome, Matt Damon is good people.

I like how he busted out his Good Will Hunting vocabulary. :lol

You gotta give the man some credit. He tells it the way it is AND makes sense when he talks. Damon's the man imo. Always has been.

Teaching is great but it ain't easy. Honestly, the kids are the easiest part if the job by a mile.

Teaching is great but it ain't easy. Honestly, the kids are the easiest part if the job by a mile.

I sat in on Julies class and sad to say the monsters they were you are right. Hahaha! The ____ty pay, politics, and benefits, not to mention the parents are far worse. :lol

Pimpn' aint easy. :duff I know about 5 teachers, it's hardass work. And yeah, the parents are complete ____tards. Not all, but the ones who are outweigh the ones that aren't.

Teachers are awesome. Funny how that cameraman just made up a 10% figure.

He's articulate and reasoned and attacks a fallacious argument with funny remark - pretty awesome.

He is a terrible camera man. His shots are borrrrring. :lol

Dutch angled Sam Raimi style shots ftw. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back