Oglavaeil The Executioner Premium Format Figure (Court of the dead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Court Executioner & his Hound
“You cannot run from your fate. No one knows this better than I…”

Oglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format FiguresOglavaeil and Skratch Premium Format Figures
Product Summaries

Based on all original character designs, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to introduce Oglavaeil – the Executioner, and his hound Skratch, from our Court of the Dead collection.

Appointed by Death and bound by duty, the Executioner exists to uphold justice and maintain balance in the Court of the Dead. Gentle and sympathetic by nature, but powerful enough to tear the very realm asunder, Oglavaeil moves silently through the Underworld, burdened by the fear and dread cast wherever he goes. Wielding two sinister swords, etched with haunting depictions of the destinies that await his ill-fated marks, his piercing eyes see through all layers of deception worn by those that fall under his gaze. Woe be to those whom the Executioner discovers have betrayed Death – for there is no escaping his icy grasp once a soul is in his sights.

Ever at his master’s side, there is little known about the origin of Skratch, hound of the Executioner. Some believe Oglavaeil’s gruesome pet a mindless demon, captured on the fringes of hell, and bound in servitude. Others suspect Skratch may have once been human, merely a stray soul, as desperate for companionship as the Executioner himself. Only one thing is for certain – where Oglavaiel goes, the hound shall also always be found…

300395_press211.jpg

300395_press021.jpg

300395_press071.jpg

300395_press10.jpg

300395_press091.jpg

300395_press031.jpg

They said they'd put at least one up each quarter. This one says it won't come out until Feb-April, so over a year on this one. I've given up on this line due to delays, etc. but this one is my favorite. The price and lack of comments, everywhere, makes me think this won't sell good at all...unless it has a tiny ES, which would be admitting bad sales.
thanks yea not cheap down here in nz thats for sure .

Sideshow can go eat ****. $750 for both of them....really? I cannot wait until sideshow crashes. There is 0 chance this will even look 10% of what this proto does.

Last edited:
Godzilla was 800$ and it is on waitlist now, so I'm sure this will sell as well

Godzilla was 800$ and it is on waitlist now, so I'm sure this will sell as well
I test how long it takes for the Godzilla wait list, to convert, every month. It always takes three days, for me. The waitlist is a selling tactic and total b.s.

Ugh.....this price tag though...I had such a strong feeling this would happen. Think its safe to assume Death won't be much cheaper. Anything over $400 is too pricey for me.

Totally agree. I was interested in this but there's no way it's worth this much. There's literally no reason for this to cost so much other than Sideshow seeing how much of an increase they can get away with. And the answer to that is obviously a lot, because people are unhappy with the price but still saying they're going to buy anyway.

Hmm at 540 I MIGHT order I think should stare at my shopping cart for an hour.

Anyone confirm what the hell is that on his back of his legs?

It's the sculpted cape that supports the whole statue, he is actually floating above the ground.

Totally agree. I was interested in this but there's no way it's worth this much. There's literally no reason for this to cost so much other than Sideshow seeing how much of an increase they can get away with. And the answer to that is obviously a lot, because people are unhappy with the price but still saying they're going to buy anyway.

Sideshow have claimed that the high price is because of the excessive detailing on this piece, mainly his swords and all those tiny arms, he is slightly wider and thicker than the others in the line but not by much, he doesn't look huge based on this pic.

2cdwc2u.jpg

I think it's hilarious that people defend sideshow and their "it's very detailed " excuse even when they get the piece and all those "details" are a solid 1 color because reproducing that at factory level for sideshow is impossible.

They cancelled the pred p2 because it was too difficult to make ....you really think they are going all out on these to justify the cost? Here's a hint...NOPE. look at the Queens minion for example, looked super detailed and small in the proto. Come production piece they just shot it with some generic fake patina and called it good. Whoever buys into sideshows bs is in denial. All they are doing is seeing how much they can increase prices and still get suckers to buy, and then go from there.

This won't get any better, I see other 1/4 pieces in this line retailing for $799 or $899 for future releases I bet and people will still buy them. What a joke. I'd like to find these people and sell them my ocean front property in Arizona.

I've been in love with the COTD line since it was teased.
However, just like many on this thread, I can't justify the combined $730 price of O&S. These pieces must go together IMO, or nothing at all.
In comparing it to other pieces that SS has, it just doesn't hold up.
Let's take the new Deathwing Statue. I couldn't give 2 craps about WoW, but that statue is beautiful and MUCH bigger, with a nearly 3 foot wingspan. And "only" $599. I'm thinking how the Deathwing dragon can fit into my existing themes for my display room. Could be a nice piece to go with the Dark Rider PF statue from LoTR and be my "Smaug". Anyway, just my thoughts.

I was interested in possibly getting one piece from this line and the one I was interested in is larger with more detail. Line overall has a great look but I'm glad I'm not invested in it. It's nice to have only one item on po from SS with 3 flex payments left, then I'm basically done with them indefinitely.

Could be a nice piece to go with the Dark Rider PF statue from LoTR and be my "Smaug". Anyway, just my thoughts.

If you already have the Dark Rider why not get the Weta Smaug?

Back