Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joker had plenty of great jokes. The pencil, his Dent campaign sticker on his nurse outfit, his continuing joke about his "scars", the Joker card... not to mention all the times you found yourself laughing when he was doing some pretty jacked up stuff.

how about the brokeback joke ? " you complete me ". thats was a good one .

TDK has only made a paltry $18.5 million so far and that is only for the Midnight showings!

Re: Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

While Nicholson will always hold a dear spot in my heart for his Joker, THIS Joker was the one I wanted to see the most. It was perfection.
sheesh.
i wonder if there will ever be a point when people will quit citing burton's hack batman movies every time a new one comes out.

nickolson's joker was lame. really lame. he was just a chubby cesar romero joker. an actor hamming it up after the down turn in his career. no matter how much he chuckled, or waved a gun around, he wasn't scary or convincing. you never thought it wasn't jack nicholson in drag makeup, working for the weekend. that's all he's done since at least the early 80s. he'll never be another mcmurphy. damn shame.

look, i saw burton's batman when i was a kid, too. and the schumacher batmans that came after that weren't exactly an improvement. and i have all the warm, fuzzy childhood nostalgia that everyone else here has. but, none of that has changed burton's unwavering determination to try too hard to be taken seriously over the last 20 years. if you don't believe me, you should watch an evening with kevin smith. he has some stories.

what i'm getting at is there can only be good batman movies as long as they can keep outrunning the shadow of the old ones that left a bad taste. what heath did with this joker is make you forget he's an actor in makeup. he was the joker, through-and-through. that's how it's done. that's the benchmark.

anyway, i'm not directing this at anyone specifically on here, but this is the only message board i'm active on and i've been hearing about the burton movies from people all week. so im just letting off some steam here. and you kids can flame me if you like. but i'll still be right. and you'll cope.

ok, rant over. i'm gonna go see the dark knight again. in imax.
the nicholson joker fans can go watch the bucket list. enjoy.
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZERS

Last edited:
What? That crap.

I did feel Batman was a little too dark. He runs into the trash truck head on, killing that driver, shoots out a mall window door w/o thinking of the citizens that could be behinde it. Then again, Keaton's batman was just as relentless.

I just now realized Joker didn't pull out any jokes? aside from the joker card.

I haven't seen the movie yet (going tomorrow night!) but was the driver really killed?

I believe I saw a scene (could be the Mtv clip) where rams into the truck head-on with the Tumbler and I see the cab of the truck hit the roof of the bridge/tunnel.....

I'm a little surprised at some of the negativity, but hey, to each his own.
I loved Iron Man, but as far as I am concerned the Dark Knight was leagues better. So was Begins for that matter, but hey, that's just me.
I'm glad they replaced Katie with Gyllenhal, I think Katie would have looked too young next Dent. I can;t wait to see this movie again, I know a second viewing will be even better at seeing more of the nuances.

Joker had plenty of great jokes. The pencil, his Dent campaign sticker on his nurse outfit, his continuing joke about his "scars", the Joker card... not to mention all the times you found yourself laughing when he was doing some pretty jacked up stuff.

I was more referring to the campiness of the joker's gags, like the flower, fake bombs that say boom, fake arm, you get the idea.

Now that I think about it, what was in that green gas in the beginning?

I think Katie would have looked too young next Dent.

Are you kidding?.. older guys (40s) dating younger girls (20s) is the norm, why do you think the divorce rate is so high. Out with the old, in with the new ;)

My biggest complaint about the Joker in Tim Burton's movie was that he was not psychotic enough. Ledger's Joker, in my opinion, nailed it to the comic book version.

So I guess Harvey Dent/Two Face died at the end?

sheesh.
i wonder if there will ever be a point when people will quit citing burton's hack batman movies every time a new one comes out.

nickolson's joker was lame. really lame. he was just a chubby cesar romero joker. an actor hamming it up after the down turn in his career. no matter how much he chuckled, or waved a gun around, he wasn't scary or convincing. you never thought it wasn't jack nicholson in drag makeup, working for the weekend. that's all he's done since at least the early 80s. he'll never be another mcmurphy. damn shame.

look, i saw burton's batman when i was a kid, too. and the schumacher batmans that came after that weren't exactly an improvement. and i have all the warm, fuzzy childhood nostalgia that everyone else here has. but, none of that has changed burton's unwavering determination to try too hard to be taken seriously over the last 20 years. if you don't believe me, you should watch an evening with kevin smith. he has some stories.

what i'm getting at is there can only be good batman movies as long as they can keep outrunning the shadow of the old ones that left a bad taste. what heath did with this joker is make you forget he's an actor in makeup. he was the joker, through-and-through. that's how it's done. that's the benchmark.

anyway, i'm not directing this at anyone specifically on here, but this is the only message board i'm active on and i've been hearing about the burton movies from people all week. so im just letting off some steam here. and you kids can flame me if you like. but i'll still be right. and you'll cope.

Hafta agree with you. Jack's Joker just doesn't hold up, it's just Jack playing Jack again. It does fit with the goofy fairy tale tone of the movie though.

Everything Heath did in this film was mesmerizing. All the little ticks and gestures. His voice and cadence were amazing.

sheesh.

Yeah i also agree with this.

Burton who?

My biggest complaint about the Joker in Tim Burton's movie was that he was not psychotic enough. Ledger's Joker, in my opinion, nailed it to the comic book version.

So I guess Harvey Dent/Two Face died at the end?

Yeah, because electrocuting a guy until he is a charred corpse, then having a conversation with him, disfiguring his girlfriend and later killing her to create art, and shooting his best friend, and gassing an entire city for the hell of it, just isn't as psychotic as anything Ledger did.

Sure, Ledger's Joker was crazy as hell, but wearing sloppy make up and not dancing every five minutes doesn't make him any more threatening and dangerious than Jack's interpretation.

Just woke up from last night's outing. There were 2000 people at my theater alone and about 18 people in full costuming. The were showing four showings (12:01, 12:05, 12:10, 12:15) but only had one line to get into before. I showed up at 11:00 and was already waiting about a block away! People were lining up at 4:00!! It was nuts having everyone rush in and to boot they were handstamping tickets and well....hands so you had to get to the theater and then show your ticket that matched the stamp on your hand....tough to do when your arms are full of concessions. Not to mention we had to sit front and center but that's what you get when you go in a party of 8.

Anyway....I thought the movie was phenomenal although I will admit there are at least two spots in the film where I figured the film was winding down and it was only because I knew what parts were still to happen that I knew there was more film so I can see where the awkward or it ran too long comments came from. Ledger was unbelievable as The Joker and it is a great loss that he can't reprise his role because I could just watch Batman and Joker movies from here on out. The chemistry of the characters was perfect and well played on screen.

Two Face was jarring although I did cringe a bit when Gordon called him "Harvey Two Face" even though he was just relaying the name. I was actually upset that Two Face "died" in this one although no one in my party last night believed he was dead. I thought the development of the character was perfect and the whole showdown at the end could have easily been the climax of the 3rd film with him taking revenge on Gotham for the death of Rachael.

Didn't like Maggie in the role at all. I maybe in the minority but I preferred Katie.

I loved the evolution of the Bat-Pod from the Tumbler and loved the shot of Joker with the Russian's dogs...in my minds eye they were his faithful Hyenas. :lol

I gave the film at 9 out of 10 and definitely put it at par with Iron Man. I can't wait to see what Nolan has for us next.

On the collectibles front I saw more possible HT figures: Base Jumping Batman, Nurses Outfit Joker, Honor Guard Joker, Jim Gordon, MCU SWAT Jim Gordon, Harvey Dent/Two-Face 2 in 1 with interchangable suits and HS...HT could really bankrupt collectors on this license if they wanted to. I wish they had included the Sonar lenses on the TDK figure.

This movie is waaay over hyped for what it is. I liked it but I didn't love it. The plot twists were good but I really didn't care enough about the characters to give a crap in the end. I wasn't expecting the best movie ever but I did expect a little bit more dramatic delivery from the actors and the music score. Movie was about 30 minutes to long too. Will definitely buy it on bluray but I won't be spending the thousands of dollars on the Hot Toys that I had on order. Just not a movie I care to hold on to. And what the hell was up the batpod coming out of the tumbler. This movie was just very forgetable.

Now that I think about it, what was in that green gas in the beginning?

One of his gags. It was funny at least to him that this whole time if the Bank customers had just let go nothing but gas would have come out but their fear of it being legit kept them in line....no heroes to attempt anything. That is why the manager groaned...in reality the only ones that Joker would have killed in the bank were his own goons.

Just woke up from last night's outing. There were 2000 people at my theater alone and about 18 people in full costuming. The were showing four showings (12:01, 12:05, 12:10, 12:15) but only had one line to get into before. I showed up at 11:00 and was already waiting about a block away! People were lining up at 4:00!! It was nuts having everyone rush in and to boot they were handstamping tickets and well....hands so you had to get to the theater and then show your ticket that matched the stamp on your hand....tough to do when your arms are full of concessions. Not to mention we had to sit front and center but that's what you get when you go in a party of 8.

Anyway....I thought the movie was phenomenal although I will admit there are at least two spots in the film where I figured the film was winding down and it was only because I knew what parts were still to happen that I knew there was more film so I can see where the awkward or it ran too long comments came from. Ledger was unbelievable as The Joker and it is a great loss that he can't reprise his role because I could just watch Batman and Joker movies from here on out. The chemistry of the characters was perfect and well played on screen.

Two Face was jarring although I did cringe a bit when Gordon called him "Harvey Two Face" even though he was just relaying the name. I was actually upset that Two Face "died" in this one although no one in my party last night believed he was dead. I thought the development of the character was perfect and the whole showdown at the end could have easily been the climax of the 3rd film with him taking revenge on Gotham for the death of Rachael.

Didn't like Maggie in the role at all. I maybe in the minority but I preferred Katie.

I loved the evolution of the Bat-Pod from the Tumbler and loved the shot of Joker with the Russian's dogs...in my minds eye they were his faithful Hyenas. :lol

I gave the film at 9 out of 10 and definitely put it at par with Iron Man. I can't wait to see what Nolan has for us next.

On the collectibles front I saw more possible HT figures: Base Jumping Batman, Nurses Outfit Joker, Honor Guard Joker, Jim Gordon, MCU SWAT Jim Gordon, Harvey Dent/Two-Face 2 in 1 with interchangable suits and HS...HT could really bankrupt collectors on this license if they wanted to. I wish they had included the Sonar lenses on the TDK figure.
What, no Scarecrow?

Yeah, because electrocuting a guy until he is a charred corpse, then having a conversation with him, disfiguring his girlfriend and later killing her to create art, and shooting his best friend, and gassing an entire city for the hell of it, just isn't as psychotic as anything Ledger did.

That was done to add humor to the movie.

Although brief it was forgettable. Cillian did well enough but tried IMHO to sound more crazy maybe it was in the script after his dosing. My wife didn't recognize him though but the voice was more forced than calm like in BB and the hair was mussed and shorter so I can see why. When I saw the gas in the bank scene I expected a further connection that never surfaced. To be honest I'm sure that people will forget he was even in it although I'm sure HT will make a figure of him to make it up to the BB crowd.

That was done to add humor to the movie.

Unsuccessfully might I add. It wasn't psychotically funny, in modern viewings it was stupid. Burton's look will always hold up as being dark and more gothic, Keaton's turn as Batman will always have its fans and will always have a mark because I remember that Batman with fondness. Jack's turn as the Joker is not only forgettable but at this point looking back laughable.

Back