Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite part of the hospital scene was the I believe in Harvey Dent sticker the Joker was wearing.:lol:lol:lol

It didn't help that the whole boat thing fell a bit flat because you knew exactly how that was going to play out, and it did so right to the letter.

I kept expecting the boat scene to end with the detonators being for the ship they were on, not for the other ship.

I kept expecting the boat scene to end with the detonators being for the ship they were on, not for the other ship.

They made such a point of establishing that the Joker's purpose was to strip away the facade of morality, I knew immediately the whole purpose of the boat scene was to have both sides more than willing to sacrifice the other and then at the last second show how people are really good deep down so Batman could say "told ya so" to the Joker.

They made such a point of establishing that the Joker's purpose was to strip away the facade of morality, I knew immediately the whole purpose of the boat scene was to have both sides more than willing to sacrifice the other and then at the last second show how people are really good deep down so Batman could say "told ya so" to the Joker.

I knew that was his plan, but I still thought he might be pulling a switch regardless, since he pulled it with the Dent/Dawes warehouse scene.

what was weird was that I didn't see batman hoping on top of the police cars like the trailers....

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Maybe we'll be getting lots of deleted and extended scenes in the eventual dvd and blu-ray release? That'd be awesome. I'd love to see more Joker footage that didn't make it onto the final cut.

Were I saw TDK! Metreon IMAX in San Fran:

metreonimaxtdkuu5.jpg

Last edited:
Totally improvised, might I add. There was actually a delay with the explosives, but they kept rolling. Ledger held his own really well. I would have probably broken character and been like "uhh, guys, wtf is going on?"

That just makes the scene even better and also makes it more sad that he's gone.

I read something about Goyer's script. Joker was supposed to scar Harvey (which I guess he sort of still does) and the 3rd movie was going to be about a war between Joker and Two-Face for control of Gotham.

Did I miss something, or was Batman there, at Gordon's home, when his wife was informed and was she railing at him that it was his fault? I think I saw that...seems that way.

Yes he was. Les. I loved that...especially since Gordon's son noticed him there.

I saw it again today...it's even better the second time. Again, one of the many things that impresses me about this movie is the script. Not a single wasted line...

I think this is one that will withstand repeated viewings and still be great.

Now I'm ready for part 3!

How good was this Movie?

So good I changed my avatar for the first time in years. :rock
2 Best ever Comic Book movies to me: "Superman The Movie" and now...

"The Dark Knight!"

I really loved the film but the ending p@!%*d me off.

Jim Gorden is a hard-line person. There is no way he would let Batman take the wrap for what Dent did. I understand the reasoning for what they did, but it just wasn't in charactor.

But that is my only complaint. The editing was choppy, but I think it worked.

I don't know--the Joker had managed to ruin Dent, but allowing the truth to come to the public would have destroyed everything good that Dent had accomplished before he fell, and would take away any hope and optimism the people might be clinging to. Instead of a public hero (and possibly a martyr inspiring continued struggle against evil and corruption) he would have been a symbol of the failure of the system and of the victory of anarchy and chaos. Batman and Gordon were both willing to cover up the truth in order to preserve the (false) image that Dent died a hero. They both fight for the good of the city, and were convinced that the best thing for the city might not be the truth. I think that's a rather provocative conclusion to the film.

Okay, I went in expecting the movie to not live up to the hype at all. I expected to be disappointed with Ledger as Joker because from what I had seen in previews it didn't seem like the way I picture Joker. I fully expected to see Iron Man as a much better movie. I was totally wrong. I want to see it again before I give a definite verdict on what I think of it because it was very long, and there was so much to take in. Also I was pushing it to get to work in time after seeing so I had to keep checking my watch. And I had annoying people behind me.

What I can say for sure, without a doubt is that the Joker was awesome in this. I didn't expect to like him because I always think of him as being more dapper with a high pitched voice like in the cartoon, but this worked perfectly. The pencil seen was great. And I loved the hospital. Him using the lotion soap as he left just as a real nurse would was aweosme.

The only thing that really comes to mind that I didn't like is that in the movies Batman seems more willing to take chances on hurting people. In Begins he overturned police cars, in this he was shooting at doors with people nearby, and pushing cops out of windows to dangle. He may not actually kill anyone, but to me he is willing to take a risk and come close to doing it accidentally.

This Film definitely deserves multiple viewings to appreciate it fully.

I though it was terrific. I do have a few nits though. And remember I am only pointing out some things that could have made it even better. I loved it just as most of you guys did so I won't bore anyone with redundancy.

First of all I think it is very close to being a Great Film. It is certainly a Great Comic Book Film, but fell just short of being a Great Film to me. I saw it this morning and frankly it wasn't the film I was expecting but that's cool. The first "reel" could have been edited much better, in fact this entire film could have been edited better for pacing. Early on, scenes which needed a few extra beats were cut short and later on they stretched on for too long... so Editing could have been better. The Film was in general about 20 minutes too long IMO. It sagged a bit towards the end of the second act.

My biggest nit I guess was I felt there was too much Harvey Dent in terms of story structure and scene chewing and it took away from the Batman V Joker dynamics. Now I am not talking about the performance Aaron gave, it was absolutely superb. I am talking about the overall flow and pacing of the movie. It's great to introduce and have new characters, interaction, backstory and such but I felt there was too much Dent and too many characters and it slowed it down. I actually felt the Movie nearly lost the focus of Joker in some of the 2nd Act character sequence mechanisms... and that should have been the central focus so I felt that could have been handled better.

I also felt Bruce Wayne's commitment as Batman should not have been compromised, meaning wanting to retire as Batman once the town was being "cleaned up". He gave up too much of what he is and what the audience wanted to see. Bruce giving it up to Dent so to speak. I know all about the psychobabble storytelling mechanics, but it didn't justify changing what he is. Remember, Bruce Wayne was the mask he wore, not the other way around so he was portrayed as less heroic IMO. And the Dent Wayne relationship and love triangle was not handled as well as it could have been. Oh, it started out fine, but it sort of lost any intensity it gained after the party Bruce gave for Harvey and that took away from Rachel's demise.

So, a bit too heavy on the characters and servicing them with a storylines dilutes the other stuff going on. Anyway, those are my nits.

A few of my faves.

Fav Action Seq: Semi chase. Best pod moment: flipping back off the wall.

Fav Joker Scene: Interrogation Room; laying against the white tile walls, those character moments were chillingly mesmerizing. There we saw who the Joker was and the photography was brilliant.

Fave Joker Moment: Nurse Joker outside the Hospital, walking so eerily, so weirdly, waiting for the last bomb to detonate. Liked the pencil scene too and loved the upside down hanging scene.

Rachel; Much improved but not used enough.
Again, crowded out by so many other characters and sequences.

Harvey: Incredible performance. Best stuff as Two Face, but his transition wasn't explained well enough, could have been set up better.

Gordon/Oldman: Love Him. He can do no wrong in my book.

Michael Caine: Well, he didn't have any wonderful emotional moments like in BB but he was terrific as always. (I was a little upset about the whole Penthouse Set up. I wanted to see Wayne Mansion restored and the new BatCave. PH Didn't work for me.)

Lucius: Busting that shakedown Guy with his intellect. Loved it!

There are many many other scenes I liked, but to wrap it up what I really enjoyed about this film besided Heath's legendary performance was the "Old School" Nolan method of NOT using CGI. Most of those action scenes were palpable, realistic, because they were real... you could feel them and the WB Sound technicians should earn an Oscar for their work on this film. WB has amazing Sound Crew guys.

The CGI scene in the building with that ghostly CGI tech imagery was actually kind of weak but I loved the "light up" eyes on TDK.

All in all, Heath's performance made this Film what it was. I only wish it was tighter and better paced. Still, one of the best Comic Book films ever made. I need to see it again to reabsorb everything, but those were my first Impressions.

This thing rocked! :blackbat :blackbat :blackbat

Last edited:
I don't know--the Joker had managed to ruin Dent, but allowing the truth to come to the public would have destroyed everything good that Dent had accomplished before he fell, and would take away any hope and optimism the people might be clinging to. Instead of a public hero (and possibly a martyr inspiring continued struggle against evil and corruption) he would have been a symbol of the failure of the system and of the victory of anarchy and chaos. Batman and Gordon were both willing to cover up the truth in order to preserve the (false) image that Dent died a hero. They both fight for the good of the city, and were convinced that the best thing for the city might not be the truth. I think that's a rather provocative conclusion to the film.

I understand why it was done in the film. What I'm saying is that Gorden has an us/them line. Letting some one else take the fall is over that line and I don't think he would have done it.

Loved every minute of it!! Pencil scene was one of the greatest - but my all time favorite moment was the Batpod flipping on the wall. Loved the ending, especially the counter of the White Knight to the Dark Knight

The scene with Joker hanging out of the window of the cop car after the prison break that goes into a seemingly slight slomo was one of the most beautiful shots in a film I've seen in a long time.

Back