Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it. Perfect bedroom TV. :rock :rock :rock

In fact, since it's 1080p I find myself watching it more than the massive one downstairs.

Do you sit less than 6 feet from the screen, because everything I have read says the 1080p is pointless on a 40" screen unless you are really close. You need that 1080p on your 65". 720p would look just as good on your 40".

If he's just using it as a bluray player though he woudn't need extra GBs. Get the cheaper version. Of course with you being a photographer Maulfan the PS3 is a great media device and plays some kick ass slideshows of photos and stuff.

Ultimately, this is meant to just be a break into HD for me. I love movies, I've got like 200 DVDs and with TDK coming and other movies I like coming out soon, I don't want to waste more on standard DVD, but I want to watch these movies when they're out so I'll need a player.

The 22" Samsung is good for me because what I'm going to do is have the BR player and my computer hooked up to it, it's going to replace my monitor, and then I just want a basic play BR movies player so I can watch them. Some point later, I'll get like a 40" and surround sound and all that, but for my current situation, this is a cost effective means to transist to the newer technology.

Do you sit less than 6 feet from the screen, because everything I have read says the 1080p is pointless on a 40" screen unless you are really close. You need that 1080p on your 65". 720p would look just as good on your 40".

I have a chair that I use in my room when gaming or watching a Blu-ray on the 40", so it's all good.

I'll eventually replace the 65" 720p set. I've had it for almost 4 years now, so it's earned its keep.

Complete soundtrack coming out....

'The Dark Knight: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack' returns with the ASCAP-winning composers from Batman Begins- Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard for a powerful orchestral score. The Special Edition features the complete score on two CD's plus four bonus remix tracks; it also contains an 8x8x40 page hardbound book.

Disc: 1
1. Why So Serious?
2. I'm Not A Hero
3. Harvey Two-Face
4. Aggressive Expansion
5. Always A Catch
6. Blood On My Hands
7. A Little Push
8. Like A Dog Chasing Cars
9. I Am The Batman
10. And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad
11. Agent Of Chaos
12. Introduce A Little Anarchy
13. Watch The World Burn
14. A Dark Knight

Disc: 2
1. Bank Robbery (Prologue)
2. Buyer Beware
3. Halfway To Hong Kong
4. Decent Men In An Indecent Time
5. You're Gonna Love Me
6. Chance
7. You Complete Me
8. The Ferries
9. We Are Tonight's Entertainment
10. A Watchful Guardian
11. Why So Serious?(The Crystal Method Remix)
12. Poor Choice Of Words(Paul van Dyk Remix)
13. Gunpowder And Gasoline(Remix by Mel Wesson)
14. Rory's First Kiss(Remix by Ryeland Allison)

Looks to be around $52 at Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Knight-Origi...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1225126395&sr=1-4

I love the coverart for the Special Edition soundtrack.
31BtGetgz3L._SS500_.jpg

I've been waiting and hoping against hope that this soundtrack would be released, but I assumed I would never be so fortunate. I have never been so overjoyed to be proven wrong. :D

I would so get the new soundtrack release, but the price is absurd for two CD's (one I already have) and a small 40 page hardcover book. $30-$35 max for something like that.

It'd be awesome if it succeeds in sales and leads to a Begins follow up. Everyone's seeing TDK as a cash cow, from the film itself to Hot Toys figures, nothing you can't make a buck on it seems with this film, it's only wise to get more money for an extended score at the time of DVD release.

Agreed, it does seem high, and it also appears likely that they may indeed be on crack. That being said... pre-ordered!:D

Agreed, it does seem high, and it also appears likely that they may indeed be on crack. That being said... pre-ordered!:D

Yes! Preordered as soon as I saw it listed!! :chew

There were some critical parts missing from the initial release, and I think I'll finally get to see them fleshed out in "Buyer Beware," "Watchful Guardian" and "The Ferries."

Also, if the first soundtrack is any indication, the hardcover book will have unreleased art/images.

Last edited:
Ya, as much as I'm glad I have the bootleg full score, there are some choppy parts and still bits missing, hopefully this set truly is the complete score.

My hope is "Ferries" is like 10 minutes long or however long it should be, and basically covers from the ferries setting off through the SWAT battle and finishes with Joker being thrown over the ledge. There is no track, even in the bootleg, that completely covers this, probably one of my favorite bits as far as the score.

I'm wondering what Buyer Beware is all about.

I love you guys, but you're nuts for shelling out $52 for what amounts to one new audio CD and a small book with pictures you may or may not already have.

That being said.... bittorrent awaits. :lol

I'm wondering what Buyer Beware is all about.

Best guess is that it includes Batman's entrance in TDK and the little bit that played during the ensuing fight.

One of the highlights of the film, if you ask me.

I've worn out both BB and TDK soundtracks, and the unreleased material along with the packaging and book is enough for me! I've been waiting for this, and I'm going to support it.

So many tunes stand out, especially "I'm Not A Hero." To me, that song has become Batman's theme, not just Nolan's vision, but all incarnations. Zimmer/JNH did a wonderful job.

Last edited:
Back