Official Superman: Man of Steel Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember feeling really let down leaving the cinema... Like where was the ending where was the real action and even though Superman was on the screen a lot, I was like where was Superman, it felt like Movie that Superman & Clark Kent cameoed in... Massive let down! I want a Superman movie that can be ranked next to Transformers! BIG! BOLD! And ACTION PACKED!!!

The things that annoyed me about SR was things like him being shot in the eye and then smirking... I would have loved him to crash the gun around his hand or bend the minigun around his troso and atleast flick the guy in the head and knock him out... Where's the cheap George Reeve tricks. the bending of bars or breaking pistols etc. Superman has balls and should rough people up a little. I'm sick of the sightgags for the kids, like "bad vibration", I love that scene, but the audience has matured seen then. I want Routh being a bit more George Reeves-ish (season 1 style) and more assertive and manly!

FYI, I'm 24 and Christopher Reeve is my Superman, but George Reeve is my Clark Kent & acts the most like Superman should in my opinion!

I agree Dave, the suits should be hiring folks who actually care about the source material to at least write it and then hire directors who will bring an interesting text and feel to the film itself. Batman Begins may have borrowed a few things from other films but for a Batman film, separate all other connotations, it was the best ones ever done. Superman has that potential beyond belief but no writer is willing to tap into it. I would have rather seen the latest reboot of Superman: Birthright on screen than the Superkid but hopefully they'll rectify it in Man of Steel.

Back