Official Star Trek OS 1/6 figures petition!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if they changed the bodies and the clothes, I would be all over a Star Trek 1:6 line. Those head sculpts really are top notch. :rock

I hate when that pic pops up cause I know I can't have that Captain Pike in the wheelchair. :monkey2

I hate when that pic pops up cause I know I can't have that Captain Pike in the wheelchair. :monkey2

Maybe if enough fans bombarded Paramount or CBS or whoever controls the property requesting that the license be issued, Pike would be available. That thing was freaky cool in person. You could "see" the actor that played radiation burned Pike through the "makeup".

I was just about to open a similar thread on whether Trek XI will increase the likelihood of getting 1/6 figures.

FWIW I liked the Playmates line, especially the Wrath of Khan ones ...

spockopen12inchwd4.jpg

Like Romulan Ale that has turned, the Star Trek license left a bad taste in Sideshow's mouth. From what I gathered after talking with the SS staff at SDCC a few years back, the PF line did so horribly, Sideshow couldn't warp out of orbit fast enough. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Which I don't get. They only did 3 and they all sold out. How is that doing horribly? Not selling out in a few hours means no one wants it? They made 1,000 each of Kirk and Spock and they did sell out. 7 of 9 was much more limited and there were 600 total of both the exclusive and regular.....both sold out.

What's so bad about that?

I just picked up the Kirk and Spock playmates figures. I am going to try to work out a re-paint commission for them as well.

Didn't they make a McCoy playmates figure in the movie uniform as well? I thought I remembered seeing one years ago, but can't find one.

I've never seen a well done 12" figure of Star Trek TOS (or any movie/show, for that matter), it just seems like such a logical license to pick up.
I'm sure Kirk, Spock and Bones would sell in droves...

although the head sculpt of the gentle giant 12" Picard figure is top notch, I really didn't like how they sewed the uniform. I think I have some pics - will try to upload later tonight.

I've been a life-long fan of Star Trek since seeing the re-runs of the original Trek series in the 1970s as a kid. I really latched on to to the original crew and still love them to this day. I wasn't too big into the smaller figures that Playmates did. I got a selected few of them. But, once they started making the 12" or 1/6 scale figures of the original crew...I got them all! I still have them in their boxes in storage right now. But I hope to display them after we move into a bigger house sometime next year. While the head sculpting of the Playmates 12" were no where near the incredible likenesses we're getting now from Sideshow, Medicom, and Hot Toys, they were good enough back in the 1990s when they were coming out. At least the uniforms and weapons and accessories were dead on correct. Most of the likenessses were close enough. All of them except Captain James T. Kirk! Why is it so hard to capture the younger William Shatner in the 1/6 scale? I ended up getting the Captain's Masterpiece Series 12" figure with the book since Playmates never made Kirk boxed individually in his regular "yellow shirt" Starfleet uniform. But that head needs a repaint really bad! It's okay...but just doesn't capture Shatner's likeness at all.

StarTrekMasterpieceCaptainKirkbyPla.jpg

StarTrekMasterpieceKirkfigurecloseu.jpg

I am hoping with the new "prequel" movie coming out next Christmas, that someone like Hot Toys will pick up the license to produce the 12" figures of the original crew. That would be awesome! :D I have most all of the figures that Art Asylum has made for Star Trek the past few years. If they would make them in 1/6 scale, I'd definitely buy them! Art Asylum perfectly captured the likenesses so much better than Playmates did in my eyes! If only Art Asylum would do these in the 1/6 scale! They've already nailed the likenesses to me. They're still putting out figures from The Next Generation, and the original crew from Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan (still my all-time favorite Trek movie!) this year. They had Scotty, McCoy, Sulu, Chekov, and even a "Genesis" Khan as exclusives at this year's Toy Fair. I still want to get those!

StarTrekIIScottieArtAsylum.jpg

StarTrekIIPavelChekovArtAsylum.jpg

StarTrekIIHikaruSuluArtAsylum.jpg

StarTrekIIDrMcCoyArtAsylum.jpg

I do have Kirk, Spock, Captain Terrell, and Khan on pre-order at my local comic shop. They still haven't come in after I've ordered them from them for almost a year.

StarTrekIIKhanKirkandexcCaptTerrell.jpg

StarTrekIIDoubleCrossCaptKirkexcAA.jpg

StarTrekKhanKirkSpaceSeedAA.jpg

I'll always be a HUGE Star Trek fan. Especially of the original series and The Next Generation series. Even if they are not "hot" right now with the general public, they'll always have a special place in my heart. It would be great to see good, accurate portrayals of these beloved characters in the 1/6 scale!

Last edited:
I too would like to join this petition. Someone needs to make 1/6th Star Trek Figures.

The SFM Trek figures rock!! The unis and bodies were just prototyped on the run to meet deadlines. The sculpts are fantastic:
SFM-trekheads01.jpg

And their Kang is one of my Star Trek treasures:
MyCustom-StarTrekKang02.jpg

This license cannot be delivered to us thru them fast enough!!

The SFM Trek figures rock!! The unis and bodies were just prototyped on the run to meet deadlines. The sculpts are fantastic:
SFM-trekheads01.jpg

Those sculpts were just amazing. Best Kirk sculpt I have ever seen. If they put good uni's and bodies to match those heads I'd be sure to get them.

You actually have those great head sculpts Ironman? That Klingon Kang is awesome...do you have him? Those are fantastic! I'd love to get them! Their Kirk head actually DOES look like the young William Shatner to me! :D Who is "SFM"? How can we contact them to get these made? Maybe we could all send them an online or written petition! Do you know if they are planning on releasing these great head sculpts on 1/6 scale 12" figures anytime in the near future? :confused:

Last edited:
Yes, I have those sculpts. The Kang sculpt is also SFM [SciFi Metropolis] and built on a G3.5 body with custom uni by me. Its my understanding that they [SFM] are well aware of those of us that would like to see 1:6 Trek come to be. The "powers that be" and oversee Trek licensing, however, are still to be convinced.

With the new movie coming out I'm sure Paramount won't be making any small licenses for Trek stuff.

And it seems Scifi Metropolis has a really hard time getting ANY product out, even if they have the license - so I'd rather it go to a more established company. Those head sculpts are great though.

With the new movie coming out I'm sure Paramount won't be making any small licenses for Trek stuff.

And it seems Scifi Metropolis has a really hard time getting ANY product out, even if they have the license - so I'd rather it go to a more established company. Those head sculpts are great though.

As I'm sure you're aware from dealing/talking with the "powers" at Sideshow there are many behind the scenes occurances that can delay production that are completely out of the control of the manufacturer.

Back