Official Sideshow Storm Shadow Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay... how is the retailer gonna do that when he's sold out and doesn't have a better one (in snake eyes case) to send and why is that the issue when sideshow is producing the figures the retailers are selling? :confused:They are rightfully to blame if the issue(s) is pretty standard across various releases no matter how seldom or frequent. The retailers customer service was excellent, he sold me the right figure in brand new condition and got it to the right address well packaged and undamaged. The fact that it can't stand up is a problem that goes back to production.

So here's a better idea... how about sideshow just take note of the issue(s) we bring to there attention and make better bodies in all their figures for everyone? Instead of some of us wether great or few in number get the luck of the draw.

It really is a great idea ... how bout a little support people?? :rolleyes:

If you want to deal directly with Sideshow, order directly from them. It's that simple. You made the decision to order from the retailer, making it his problem. This is all clearly stipulated in their Customer Service section. In this case, YOU are not their customer. Your store is. As is the case with all other venues of life, if you are not satisfied and since there are none to exchange, you either accept what you got or get your money back.

I actually didn't think to contact Sideshow about potentially replacing the body. . .I sent them a message about it, so maybe I can finally experience this awesome customer service everyone raves about first hand! :rock

And yeah, as with other things, if most people don't take issue with the looseness of the figure's legs (either because they don't have loose legs or because they just don't care) then I guess there is no strong reason for Sideshow to go out of its way to appease the minority who do, vocal though we may be. But then again, even though they have sole ownership of the high end Joe license (so it isn't like we can take our business elsewhere to get a Storm Shadow with tighter joints), Sideshow has an incentive to strive for excellence in the 1/6 scale market. If they are able to provide a consistently high quality body with reasonably tight joints here, that is only going to benefit them in the long run. People who are on the fence and have second thoughts about buying something because of the body won't, and that means $$

I actually didn't think to contact Sideshow about potentially replacing the body. . .I sent them a message about it, so maybe I can finally experience this awesome customer service everyone raves about first hand! :rock

And yeah, as with other things, if most people don't take issue with the looseness of the figure's legs (either because they don't have loose legs or because they just don't care) then I guess there is no strong reason for Sideshow to go out of its way to appease the minority who do, vocal though we may be. But then again, even though they have sole ownership of the high end Joe license (so it isn't like we can take our business elsewhere to get a Storm Shadow with tighter joints), Sideshow has an incentive to strive for excellence in the 1/6 scale market. If they are able to provide a consistently high quality body with reasonably tight joints here, that is only going to benefit them in the long run. People who are on the fence and have second thoughts about buying something because of the body won't, and that means $$

Question is, how much of those people equate to total sales?

If you want to deal directly with Sideshow, order directly from them. It's that simple. You made the decision to order from the retailer, making it his problem. This is all clearly stipulated in their Customer Service section. In this case, YOU are not their customer. Your store is. As is the case with all other venues of life, if you are not satisfied and since there are none to exchange, you either accept what you got or get your money back.

No dude sorry I can't agree with that:nono, frankly none of that matters. Even if I were to buy directly from sideshow, these figures sell out to a degree that makes it almost impossible to get replacements and the problem originates at the PRODUCTION LINE! Way before any of us or dealers get their hands on them. So who cares what they stipulate in their customer service section, all that is, is a statment they can hide behind so they don't have to take any further action to please those buying their products, I believe and want them to be better than that.:lecture

Take Hottoys for example (just as an example and no "HT fanboy" stuff)... its been known that their wrist pegs have been a problem for some collectors. Now I didn't order the 12+ HT figures I have directly from them and I peronally have never had a problem with a single wrist peg breaking, however I realize its still a legitimet problem for many. Instead of making excuses for why it is the way it is I will and have always said HT should stand by any products they make and address the issue regardless of which distributer carried and sold the item. Eventually, they saw it as a problem because I now understand some newer figures (chris redfield, DX Joker) are showing up with extra wrist pegs. Now why can't sideshow follow that pattern before they ruin a great license for however many of us are having a problem? And further why is me saying that seemingly a problem for you bro? I don't get it...:confused:

Last edited:
Question is, how much of those people equate to total sales?

With the state of current ecomony... If I ran the show at sideshow I wouldn't take that gamble. Businesses even the big ones, once they find themselves losing support.. they also find it harder than they thought to turn it around and eventually that downward spiral will catch up to them.

No dude sorry I can't agree with that:nono, frankly none of that matters. Even if I were to buy directly from sideshow, these figures sell out to a degree that makes it almost impossible to get replacements and the problem originates at the PRODUCTION LINE! Way before any of us or dealers get their hands on them. So who cares what they stipulate in their customer service section, all that is, is a statment they can hide behind so they don't have to take any further action to please those buying their products, I believe and want them to be better than that.:lecture

Take Hottoys for example (just as an example and no "HT fanboy" stuff)... its been known that their wrist pegs have been a problem for some collectors. Now I didn't order the 12+ HT figures I have directly from them and I peronally have never had a problem with a single wrist peg breaking, however I realize its still a legitimet problem for many. Instead of making excuses for why it is the way it is I will and have always said HT should stand by any products they make and address the issue regardless of which distributer carried and sold the item. Eventually, they saw it as a problem because I now understand some newer figures (chris redfield, DX Joker) are showing up with extra wrist pegs. Now why can't sideshow follow that pattern before they ruin a great license for however many of us are having a problem? And further why is me saying that seemingly a problem for you bro? I don't get it...:confused:

If that's not one huge rant, I don't know what is. Again, you want Sideshow's famous customer service, BUY FROM THEM! You know the risks of buying from a retailer, made the conscious decision to do so (to same some cash?), so live with your decision. Otherwise, buy from them. I was able to swap my Cobra Commander Exclusive, as were other freaks, and he was just as limited, so that's a poor excuse. So long as it's a reasonable time after purchase, they'll replace it. HELL, they replaced a few SSE Frankenstein vs. Wolfman dioramas and those not only sold out hella quick, but had a miniscule ES of 50!

As for HotToys, they have their own QC issues which at a 60+% higher price range is more unforgiveable. What good is an extra set of wrist pegs gonna do (which I have yet to see), if they break all the same? They still have yet to admit to the rotting rubber of the ED-209s which is a shame for the price they fetch. With my P1 Pred, I received a mask with busted wires which I suspect is a common problem as Sideshow didn't even ask to see a pic of it and just fired me off a replacement. That's probably the perfect example. I ordered from them because I knew if there was a problem, they'd replace it.

With the state of current ecomony... If I ran the show at sideshow I wouldn't take that gamble. Businesses even the big ones, once they find themselves losing support.. they also find it harder than they thought to turn it around and eventually that downward spiral will catch up to them.

Again, you're talking about 3% or less of the customer base. When you compare that to how many new customers they gain with new products, you'd be a fool to chase after the acceptable loss. In the end, you'll wind up chasing your tail to make sure that the uber picky are satisfied only to realize that they'll just find something else to ^^^^^ about. HT's TDK was a perfect example of this. He's pretty much the perfect figure. Yet the thread here had to be locked because of absurdly insulting critique by collectors.

Last edited:
If that's not one huge rant, I don't know what is. Again, you want Sideshow's famous customer service, BUY FROM THEM! You know the risks of buying from a retailer, made the conscious decision to do so (to same some cash?), so live with your decision. Otherwise, buy from them. I was able to swap my Cobra Commander Exclusive, as were other freaks, and he was just as limited, so that's a poor excuse. So long as it's a reasonable time after purchase, they'll replace it. HELL, they replaced a few SSE Frankenstein vs. Wolfman dioramas and those not only sold out hella quick, but had a miniscule ES of 50!

As for HotToys, they have their own QC issues which at a 60+% higher price range is more unforgiveable. What good is an extra set of wrist pegs gonna do (which I have yet to see), if they break all the same? They still have yet to admit to the rotting rubber of the ED-209s which is a shame for the price they fetch. With my P1 Pred, I received a mask with busted wires which I suspect is a common problem as Sideshow didn't even ask to see a pic of it and just fired me off a replacement. That's probably the perfect example. I ordered from them because I knew if there was a problem, they'd replace it.

Again, you're talking about 3% or less of the customer base. When you compare that to how many new customers they gain with new products, you'd be a fool to chase after the acceptable loss. In the end, you'll wind up chasing your tail to make sure that the uber picky are satisfied only to realize that they'll just find something else to ^^^^^ about. HT's TDK was a perfect example of this. He's pretty much the perfect figure. Yet the thread here had to be locked because of absurdly insulting critique by collectors.

Ahh now I see what this is, the ol "reasoning with one who can't be reasoned with" exercise.... theres no point. :slap

And I far as "Sideshows famous customer service" I don't need to order directly from them to know that its not as famous as you make it out to be. Its like when you order fastfood at the drive thru and you get all the way home to find out somethings missing or the order is wrong altogether. When you go back, no matter how nice they are or eager they are to make it right the inconvience of the whole ordeal whether you choose to express it or not, still pisses you off! That could be avoided by them doing more to ensure it was done right the 1st time.

No percentages. No acceptable loss. No BULL^^^^^! Just fix it... liberty and justice for all!!

And I far as "Sideshows famous customer service" I don't need to order directly from them to know that its not as famous as you make it out to be. Its like when you order fastfood at the drive thru and you get all the way home to find out somethings missing or the order is wrong altogether. When you go back, no matter how nice they are or eager they are to make it right the inconvience of the whole ordeal whether you choose to express it or not, still pisses you off! That could be avoided by them doing more to ensure it was done right the 1st time.

No percentages. No acceptable loss. No BULL^^^^^! Just fix it... liberty and justice for all!!

I'm absolutely certain you'll be hard pressed to find a freak here that actually agrees with you there. Bro, you're whining because your retailer screwed you over. Stop blaming Sideshow and start blaming your retailer. If you'd been quick enough to point out the issues when SE was first received, your retailer should've had no problem exchanging it for another one he had in stock that didn't have the issues. Instead, he's blaming Sideshow and backstepping on any responsibility here.

I'm absolutely certain you'll be hard pressed to find a freak here that actually agrees with you there. Bro, you're whining because your retailer screwed you over. Stop blaming Sideshow and start blaming your retailer. If you'd been quick enough to point out the issues when SE was first received, your retailer should've had no problem exchanging it for another one he had in stock that didn't have the issues. Instead, he's blaming Sideshow and backstepping on any responsibility here.

:sleepI'm absolutely certain you're wrong just like you have been this whole exchange and your the only one whining about those of us with legitimet cause for complaint, NOT EVEN complaining really, just bringing it to their attention:huh. No, my retailer didn't screw me at all, he did what was expected of him in a timely fashion. How could he know there was a problem? The damn thing laid in the tray perfectly!!

Sideshow just can't produce base bodies that can stand on their own... well they can, but only half the time for "THEIR" customers they sell direct to and if they don't then somehow its magically its not their fault. Stop making excuses for that dude!:thwak

I'm done. :winner

:sleepI'm absolutely certain you're wrong just like you have been this whole exchange and your the only one whining about those of us with legitimet cause for complaint, NOT EVEN complaining really, just bringing it to their attention:huh. No, my retailer didn't screw me at all, he did what was expected of him in a timely fashion. How could he know there was a problem? The damn thing laid in the tray perfectly!!

Sideshow just can't produce base bodies that can stand on their own... well they can, but only half the time for "THEIR" customers they sell direct to and if they don't then somehow its magically its not their fault. Stop making excuses for that dude!:thwak

I'm done. :winner

Who's making excuses? My Storm Shadow stands perfectly. My Snake Eyes Pro is still tight and would stand just as good on its own if he was still on it. If we were talking about Indy, I'd agree to some extent as that was a WIP body. But since the Harbinger, there've been fewer relevant issues with the Pro. Most of it is just fanboy ^^^^ talking. You got an anomaly and should've exchanged it with the retailer or gotten your money back from him and gone elsewhere. Just because you have an issue that maybe 15 people out of 4500 have, doesn't mean that all the bodies are flawed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I hated the Pro to start with (Snake Eyes), because mine was loose all over and was just aesthetically horrid in SE's spandex shirt for the most part. Solution, I traded it to someone and swapped it out for a different body.

While I was waiting on Storm Shadow my buddy kept telling me to go ahead and buy a new body, but I was content to just wait and see how loose or tight the Pro was, because, from a visual standpoint, the Pro looks fine for Storm Shadow. Got him last week, and he's perfectly fine. The joints aren't super-tight, but they're not loose either. He can be posed just dandy without falling. In fact, he hasn't fallen once, and I've had figures with tighter joints fall for no reason at all, so I think the Pro is getting better.

May still be a few loose bodies coming off the line, but like Nam said, order from SS, and they'll replace it. No company is 100% perfect, but at least SS is willing to help the collector out.

Who's making excuses? My Storm Shadow stands perfectly. My Snake Eyes Pro is still tight and would stand just as good on its own if he was still on it. If we were talking about Indy, I'd agree to some extent as that was a WIP body. But since the Harbinger, there've been fewer relevant issues with the Pro. Most of it is just fanboy ^^^^ talking. You got an anomaly and should've exchanged it with the retailer or gotten your money back from him and gone elsewhere. Just because you have an issue that maybe 15 people out of 4500 have, doesn't mean that all the bodies are flawed. :rolleyes:

:lolYou like this don't you. Nobody said they were ALL flawed but the one that I got was and lets examine that for a minute. I purchased him from a trusted and reputible online dealer that I've used many times BRAND NEW IN THE PACKAGE!! But yknow what?... that same trusted and reputible dealer got him from DIRECTLY from sideshow BRAND NEW IN THE PACKAGE!!! :horror

Now before that particular figure got put into that packaging he was on the production floor at sideshow being assembled and inspected by whatever dumbass said "Hey this one pro body I'm using to make a snake eyes is brand new.. but its joints are loose and it can't stand up... o well, I guess it will just go out just like the other 14 or so I did this week with the same problem." So they, a sideshow employee knowingly packaged and just sent out whatever number of defective figures purposely. Sideshow is responible for their employees correct?? Thus the complaints.:faq

Would you like to go for round 3?:rolleyes:

:lolYou like this don't you. Nobody said they were ALL flawed but the one that I got was and lets examine that for a minute. I purchased him from a trusted and reputible online dealer that I've used many times BRAND NEW IN THE PACKAGE!! But yknow what?... that same trusted and reputible dealer got him from DIRECTLY from sideshow BRAND NEW IN THE PACKAGE!!! :horror

Now before that particular figure got put into that packaging he was on the production floor at sideshow being assembled and inspected by whatever dumbass said "Hey this one pro body I'm using to make a snake eyes is brand new.. but its joints are loose and it can't stand up... o well, I guess it will just go out just like the other 14 or so I did this week with the same problem." So they, a sideshow employee knowingly packaged and just sent out whatever number of defective figures purposely. Sideshow is responible for their employees correct?? Thus the complaints.:faq

Would you like to go for round 3?:rolleyes:

So if you bought ripped jeans from Macy's would you go to Levis to get your refund?

What if you bought a part for your Honda at AutoZone and it was flawed? Would you go to Japan to replace it?

Let's assume you bought some cereal and a kernel was bad. Would you go to kansas and ^^^^^ at the farmer?

No, you go to the person YOU bought it from and they make it right. And you don't quite understand how the process works. This one toy was packaged in China along with the 4499 other Snake Eyes figures and shipped to Sideshow. Nobody at Sideshow packed it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I hated the Pro to start with (Snake Eyes), because mine was loose all over and was just aesthetically horrid in SE's spandex shirt for the most part. Solution, I traded it to someone and swapped it out for a different body.

While I was waiting on Storm Shadow my buddy kept telling me to go ahead and buy a new body, but I was content to just wait and see how loose or tight the Pro was, because, from a visual standpoint, the Pro looks fine for Storm Shadow. Got him last week, and he's perfectly fine. The joints aren't super-tight, but they're not loose either. He can be posed just dandy without falling. In fact, he hasn't fallen once, and I've had figures with tighter joints fall for no reason at all, so I think the Pro is getting better.

May still be a few loose bodies coming off the line, but like Nam said, order from SS, and they'll replace it. No company is 100% perfect, but at least SS is willing to help the collector out.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, and understand and Im not asking for perfection just assurance that it won't continue to be a problem, that they know and they're doing something about it. Given your expirence with the 2 figures mentioned I would'nt feel confident buying more knowing that the possiblity that 1 out of every 2 pros I aquire will be useless because of a joint problem. In my case with the same 2 figures I'm 0 for 2, both pro's have the same loose joint issues. Anyone to attack me for simply putting it on the table for the manufacturer to be responsible enough to address the problem for future releases for the good of ALL of us that buy their products is, just ridiculous is my point.

But they are being responsible enough to address the problem. The figure I had with loose joints was an older figure from earlier in the Pro's life. Storm Shadow, from later in the life of the pro, has tighter joints. They're addressing the problem, but there's no way they can go from having figures with loose joint problems to every figure having perfect joints over night. The Pro has been improving in this area. Are they 10 for 10 yet? Doubtful, but if they weren't even trying to fix the problem we'd still have Indy-style loose joints.

If you happen to pull a loose one that made it through QC it's just the luck of the draw. Either get a refund or replacement from your retailer. I got a broken Black Cat from an e-tailer, because I missed her direct from Sideshow. She came broken, and the e-tailer replaced it for free. Now, either the e-tailer got a replacement from Sideshow, which I doubt, because it was sold out, or they ate the cost of the statue. Either way, the customer service was great.

All this boils down to is customer service, and since you didn't buy direct from SS, who I'm willing to guarantee would replace your body, you're having to deal with your alternate retailers policy.

So if you bought ripped jeans from Macy's would you go to Levis to get your refund?

:lol I wouldn't buy ripped jeans, cuz thats not me and if they were intended to be ripped I don't see a problem but more like if the 1st time I wore them and the stitching that holds them together fails?! Yea thats somthing you might want to let Levi's know..dont think the sales guy at Macy's did that before he put them in the bag.

What if you bought a part for your Honda at AutoZone and it was flawed? Would you go to Japan to replace it?

No, and likewise I'm not going to china for a new pro for my figs ethier but if Autozone indeed sold me the correct part.. how are they to blame ? Whereever that part came from is at fault.

Let's assume you bought some cereal and a kernel was bad. Would you go to kansas and ^^^^^ at the farmer?

I check dates on my cereal to ensure freshness:rolleyes: and the plastic the pro is made out of seems fine so that single element is great so Im not upset with the plastic farmer:

No, you go to the person YOU bought it from and they make it right. And you don't quite understand how the process works. This one toy was packaged in China along with the 4499 other Snake Eyes figures and shipped to Sideshow. Nobody at Sideshow packed it. :rolleyes:

True, but Sideshow owns the license and the production design for the pro. They also ethier own a factory in china and subcontracted the labor to china so they are still responsible.

Check the scorecard bro... I think you might be a lil behind on points??:rolleyes One more round... ?

Last edited:
But they are being responsible enough to address the problem. The figure I had with loose joints was an older figure from earlier in the Pro's life. Storm Shadow, from later in the life of the pro, has tighter joints. They're addressing the problem, but there's no way they can go from having figures with loose joint problems to every figure having perfect joints over night. The Pro has been improving in this area. Are they 10 for 10 yet? Doubtful, but if they weren't even trying to fix the problem we'd still have Indy-style loose joints.

If you happen to pull a loose one that made it through QC it's just the luck of the draw. Either get a refund or replacement from your retailer. I got a broken Black Cat from an e-tailer, because I missed her direct from Sideshow. She came broken, and the e-tailer replaced it for free. Now, either the e-tailer got a replacement from Sideshow, which I doubt, because it was sold out, or they ate the cost of the statue. Either way, the customer service was great.

All this boils down to is customer service, and since you didn't buy direct from SS, who I'm willing to guarantee would replace your body, you're having to deal with your alternate retailers policy.

Nevermind, Its not about policy its about principle. but just nevermind. I've said my peace.

And the fact is that SS are working on it. They're not perfect, but they're working on it. And if you buy from them they're willing to go the distance to help you with defective parts.

You make it sound like they're just making crappy bodies with no intention of improving them at all, and saying, "Screw the consumer."

This IS basically a customer service problem, because SS admits that some of the product may be defective, and if you purchase direct from them they have the "Oh, our bad. Here, let us replace that defective body that slipped out with a good one." mentality. Whereas, if you got the figure from some other retailer you have to go through that retailers policy, and they may not care about some loose joints on a figure at all.

How does SS know some guy at the store you bought it from didn't take the figure out, play with it and wreck the joints before it was sold to you? They don't. They shouldn't have to be responsible for that. If you built something and sold it to guy X, and it falls apart when they buy it from you you can rest assured it was probably your craftsmanship at fault, so you have no problem replacing it. However, if you sell it to guy X and he in turn sells it to guy Y, and guy Y complains that it fell apart can you be 100% sure it was your craftsmanship at fault or could guy X have wrecked it before selling it to guy Y? Should you be responsible if there's the possibility that it wasn't your fault?

On the other hand if you bought from SS you wouldn't be having any problems, because they would be happy to replace it, because they're willing to admit they made mistakes at some point in production.

Yo, I'm not trying to go off subject nor am I trying to drag this out anymore and spoil the thread and I apoligize to other reading so this is the last thing I'll say and keep all that x and y crap.

I CAN TELL... I KNOW ... the retailer I got it from didn't play with it before he sold it to me and thats ALL Sideshow needs to know and go on, period.

As an example, I remember I bought some Timberland boots the mall once (not form a Timberland store mind you) and wore them to work for 6 WHOLE months. In that time, the upper leather rigde of the boot started to break away from the rest of the shoe, thus affecting how I walked. I didn't have a reciept, didn't remember where I got bought them from even... HELL I EVEN PUT WEAR AND TEAR ON THEM FOR 6 MONTHS!! But thought I'll send them back to Timberland with a letter kindly letting them know that I was diappointed that they didn't hold up for no apparent reason. I was just informing them expecting nothing from them but yknow what happened? .... I got a brand new pair of the same $150 boots in the mail absolutley free with a reply saying they appreciate me as a customer and thanks for taking the time to let them know. I was blown away!
Yknow why they did that? Simply because that one pair of boots didn't do what they designed them to do and their name was on the box. THEY STOOD BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT, PERIOD.

So you can sound off on polices on customer service being the issue and how wonderously superb Sideshows customer sevice is.... but I disagree, and have that right.

Back