Official Sideshow 1/6 LOTR Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to wonder who they would have done, though. You have to remember that Sideshow tends to choose characters that fit into their usual MO -- that is to say, figures with normal human bodies wearing clothes (as opposed to armor or bare skin). That actually rules out a huge portion of the possible bad guys. I don't think something like a 1/6 scale Uruk-hai or Orc would be very doable for them, partially because the bodies would be non-standard, and partially because the outfits would be pretty difficult. The nazgul are a possibility, I guess, and Saruman. But I'm not really that surprised they made the choices they did.

They really just need to get some villians in the line. I really like the figures so far (w/the exception of Faramir) but all heroes makes it a boring display. Give me a Wringraith or Sauruman... or the utimate a Sauron :ogat

It's sad that they killed the line right when they started to release armored figures in other lines (Star Wars, for example.) An Easterling and Gondorian soldier, in particular, would have been amazing additions to this line.

I still think that Sideshow should do a Gimli figure using the same small body they just used for Sam and Frodo. You know..."beef it up" or bulk it up some for Gimli. It would work. Plus it would be MUCH better than the 12" Gimli Toy Biz made when Return Of The King came out. I got it. It was...okay...I guess.

Yeah, some bad guys from LOTR would be great too. I'd buy Saruman, Lurtz, and any others they made in 1:6 scale. Now it looks like they won't huh?

I got my 1:6 scale exclusive Frodo today, and will be getting my 1:6 scale exclusive Sam on October 20th. :D
I'm still hoping Sideshow makes Merry and Pippin, since they said in their video annoucement on the SS site, that the new smaller body would be used for "Hobbitts, children, and other small characters" or something like that.

I'm thankful for those "free" Sideshow giftcards with Iron Man and Indy KOTCS DVDs.

I still think that Sideshow should do a Gimli figure using the same small body they just used for Sam and Frodo. You know..."beef it up" or bulk it up some for Gimli. It would work. Plus it would be MUCH better than the 12" Gimli Toy Biz made when Return Of The King came out. I got it. It was...okay...I guess.

Yeah, some bad guys from LOTR would be great too. I'd buy Saruman, Lurtz, and any others they made in 1:6 scale. Now it looks like they won't huh?

I got my 1:6 scale exclusive Frodo today, and will be getting my 1:6 scale exclusive Sam on October 20th. :D
I'm still hoping Sideshow makes Merry and Pippin, since they said in their video annoucement on the SS site, that the new smaller body would be used for "Hobbitts, children, and other small characters" or something like that.

I'm thankful for those "free" Sideshow giftcards with Iron Man and Indy KOTCS DVDs.

I bought a Toybiz Gimli on eBay for $5.50 just in case. He looks pretty good with all his gear on.

I don't think they'd make that body without it being used for more than just Sam and Frodo.

Yeah, I'm hoping for Merry and Pippin, and maybe someday...Newt from ALIENS using this new smaller body Sideshow is co-producing with Hot Toys.

Back