Official Sideshow 1/6 LOTR Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aragorn I painted up for commissioned work:
aragornac6.jpg

that repaint looks awesome man!!:rock
i dont get how people say that sculpt is off. ive always thought it was dead on. this photo proves it. the factory paints just make it look off.

I decided to try removing the bases from my LOTR figures in order to get them all into one space in a Detolf case. I'm not sure if they'll stay up or not, since the area where the cases are gets a fair amount of foot traffic. Pretty nice looking group though. Excuse the flash photo.

LOTR_group_07-24-08.jpg

Great Mt. Doom Frodo & Sam customs icruise! :bow

Those belt suspenders are awesome too... hope ToyAnxiety gets some more of them cos they seem to be the most suitable in terms of fit and look.

Would love to get some Detolfs too... but for some reason my missus hates the look of them :rolleyes:

Re: LOTR Pics

faramir's head is in DA paintshop. i love the figure but i couldnt stand looking at that atrocious paintjob anymore. especially next to the other figs. lurtz is a Sovereign Studios custom. one of my favorite figures. i cant express how cool he is. he sculpted all these muscle pieces and shoved them under some kind of brown body suit. he has full articulation. his uniform has all kinds of metal rings and leather pieces hanging on it. he has real hair tied in a top knot on his head. he is beautiful. i'll try to get more pics tomorrow. just got a new camera.

I talked to Shawn about getting a Lurtz. Very possible but will be $$. It's a yes for me.

faramir's head is in DA paintshop. i love the figure but i couldnt stand looking at that atrocious paintjob anymore. especially next to the other figs. lurtz is a Sovereign Studios custom. one of my favorite figures. i cant express how cool he is. he sculpted all these muscle pieces and shoved them under some kind of brown body suit. he has full articulation. his uniform has all kinds of metal rings and leather pieces hanging on it. he has real hair tied in a top knot on his head. he is beautiful. i'll try to get more pics tomorrow. just got a new camera.

Thanks! He's awesome! I'd love to see pics. Start a new thread. I hope to see your Faramir too. I'd love to have mine repainted. He's the worst of the lot paint wise.

Thanks for the pics of Lurtz. Looks alittle different from the pics on his site-lighting is everything. Still will get it as SS will never produce one.

Couple ?.
How has it held up?
How is the articulation?

Last edited:

it has held up perfectly. it's about a year old now. it may look fragile but it is not. all the armor and everything is glued down solid. you cant remove anything. except for the sword and shield and the head pops off pretty easily. it is very well put together. i'm sure i can drop him on the ground from 4 feet up and nothing would break.(no way in hell im gonna try but you get the idea:lol) i wouldnt pose him alot cuz i dont know how well the body suit would hold up but it's not hard to get good poses. arms have as much movement range as a SS figure. i would treat it like you would a HT batman or any figure with a rubber suit and you will be fine. he is very solid and feels like a professionally done figure. i dont regret buying him at all and if i had to get rid of my entire LOTR collection i would try to keep aragorn and this guy. plus he's just a tad taller than the other figures so he is in perfect scale id say. really compliments the SS line. people wont know the difference if you slap him on a SS LOTR stand like i have done. i paid a lot for him but i think shawn has a lower rate for him now for freaks anyway. the only thing i dont like are the arrow flights which are some brown foam material. they look out of place. he should have used whatever he used for the hair to make the arrow flights. if you're listening shawn, improve your arrows.:D

Thanks for the info. I waiting for the Mola Ram fig from Shawn-should be about 2 or 3 weeks away. Can't wait.

Please post lots of pictures of your custom Mola Ram after you get it dwing! I'm a huge Indy fan, and I'd love to see it. Thanks! :D

I'm getting the Sideshow exclusive 1:6 scale Frodo this week, and the exclusive Sam next week. :banana

That custom Lurtz looks awesome! Sideshow should have made him. I just hope they finish the Fellowship now. We still need Gandalf to finally come out, and then Gimli.

Back