Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics of my modded Vader:

014.jpg

015-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022-1.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

027-1.jpg

034.jpg

thinking about shortening mine but can't decide just how to do it... saw the legs, or remove a piece from the mid section... any recommendations?

Those are great picts Spiker!
He looks like he's gonna clock Leia in 2 of those picts.
"So help me, if you dont cough those plans up...Bam!Zoom!"

Wow the modded vader pics are excellent, it looks so much better! I am looking forward to modding mine when I receive mine in a few days.

n2ltl2.jpg

kb64d1.jpg

4szfj8.jpg

2zfvnt4.jpg

the tools :)
20aqxqr.jpg

the inside of the helmet, I cut off the stands with the scissor, and sanded it down a little (its impossible to just sand it.. at least for me, cutting is way easier!)
14d2hpi.jpg

the helmet itself, I sanded a bit at the front, and at the back, to make it sit júst a bit lower :)
to me he now looks near perfect.. but thats just me :)

hope this helps for some of you!

cheers!

thinking about shortening mine but can't decide just how to do it... saw the legs, or remove a piece from the mid section... any recommendations?

The thighs are a better place to mod as it will not effect the clothing at all. You will just have a little extra pant to tuck into the boot. Removing from Vader's mid section will effect the belt and space between the chest box and belt.

These mods are really looking great. I think Deoxyribonucleic's which included the extra flare is the best I've seen for my money.

But I'm inclined to agree with MF regarding the overall effect. Combine this with the fact that I'm in no way willing to risk destroying the best production piece I own to try these mods myself.

I'm still going to hold out for a complete new replacement dome that hits all of the ANH specs (as best it can). If that were ever to become available, this figure would go from great to ridiculous...

Thanks for the kind words :) I also like the pics from the person (sorry, can't remember your user name) who added the padding to the armor to bring the shoulders up closer to the helmet. Great job on all the mods everyone!

QGF, I will also get, when available, a completely new dome if someone ever does make one. But for now, my minimal mods will do. I just couldn't get over the helmet being so far above his eyebrows, but that's just my personal preference. This figure, mods or not, is the most amazing piece Sideshow has done IMHO. Great JOB SSC!

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Thanks for the kind words :) I also like the pics from the person (sorry, can't remember your user name) who added the padding to the armor to bring the shoulders up closer to the helmet. Great job on all the mods everyone!

QGF, I will also get, when available, a completely new dome if someone ever does make one. But for now, my minimal mods will do. I just couldn't get over the helmet being so far above his eyebrows, but that's just my personal preference. This figure, mods or not, is the most amazing piece Sideshow has done IMHO. Great JOB SSC!

Agreed... It's certainly one of the best, nice work btw.

"Youve had to much to drink, just give me the keys. Its useless to resist. You don't realize the power of sobriety. Dont make me destroy you."

n2ltl2.jpg

kb64d1.jpg

to me he now looks near perfect.. but thats just me :)

hope this helps for some of you!

cheers!

Nice mod eczamurai!

but could you make a full frontall picture of the head? I'd like to see the head from the front, not from a low or high perspective, but full frontal.
Because it seems you have lowered it a lot the helmet, and I't like to see the result..

Pics of my modded Vader:

015-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

very nice mod also Spiker!

I hope that is the original helmet? :horror it almost looks like a different helmet on your pics :)

Yes, very nice mods.:rock I really thought I was going to do all kinds of mods to mine also but, like Krayt, I just don't see the need to right now. Although I would like to get the chest box to lay properly but that's about it.

No, i just used the Sideshow dome that was included. The only non-Sideshow material i used was some stuff for padding the rest is original Sideshow Vader.

Hi Riko, please pardon me for joining in.
For a friendly advice, do think twice & make ajdustment before you do the cutting.

Measure the height that you prefer to align with your SW figures first.
Start with a short length of 5mm (like I did to mine), then judge again. If you feel to go shorter, then cut again. Hope you enjoy the modification.

Cheer :lol

hi iceberg!
I saw you mod of the neck in the other forum

darthvadermodi004.jpg
darthvadermodi019.jpg

darthvadermodi018.jpg
darthvadermodi016.jpg

darthvadermodi008.jpg
darthvadermodi011.jpg

darthvadermodi009.jpg
darthvadermodi010.jpg

and it seems like a nice mod, but I wonder how the neck is attached now? it seems you can just pick the head up? or am I wrong? :google

Back