Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Vader Photo's

first off ...Jkno's pic....OUCH!!!!
2nd....moded my Vader as well. Helmet lowered and tilted back.I'm a little weary about flaring the dome, so I think I'll leave mine as is.

Sorry but it still looks wrong. The overall shape of the helmet is whats wrong, not the how it sits.

All,
If anyone have ever watched the Vader's backstage pass video from SS, the guy said that SS "developed a new body just for one character". Well, I was watching ep IV last night and noticed that Chewbacca is also as tall as Vader. Therefore I think SS should use the same body, and make some kind of fur type bodysuit to make the 1/6th scaled Chewbacca. What do you guys think? I think it is possible.

I tried my AK-47 and bazooka on Vader. Didn't help much. Then I stepped over him with my AT-AT, but we almost turned over - he's a strong [censored]. I also used the Death Star on him, but blew up the entire neighborhood, and Vader was still there laughing under his broken mask (and flying cod piece). Tried to drown him but he is like a ^^^^ing duck: he floats. Finally he made sepukku with his own lightsaber :D

On a more serious note I used a hammer and a claw and took about 15 minutes - scissors for clothes

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Just picked one of these up from my comic shop. Had him pre-ordered, but canceled it when I got laid off last year. This is now the only SW collectible I own. It's friggin' awesome. The shop was charging $125 for him, so I suppose I got a better deal.

Sorry but it still looks wrong. The overall shape of the helmet is whats wrong, not the how it sits.

I think it's a combination of four things.

1. The helmet does need to sit below the eyebrows
2. It needs to tilt back more, which does help with the overall look IMO,
3. the bell part of the dome needs to have been made longer in general as it is short compared to the head part of the helmet/dome.
4. There needs to be more flare of the dome which is why I did the boiling water method

Tired to get some better pics, not so sun bleached:

SSCVader001.jpg

SSCVader004.jpg

first off ...Jkno's pic....OUCH!!!!
2nd....moded my Vader as well. Helmet lowered and tilted back.I'm a little weary about flaring the dome, so I think I'll leave mine as is.

Great stuff, really makes a difference...to me anyway :)

Last edited:

Here's mine!

ss_vader.jpg

DAAAAAAAAAMN jkno! I had to do the same thing to Han a while back. I got my replacement about a week later so they'll ship him to you soon. No problem!

3. the bell part of the dome needs to have been made longer in general as it is short compared to the head part of the helmet/dome.
4. There needs to be more flare of the dome which is why I did the boiling water method

SSCVader001.jpg

SSCVader004.jpg

Oh! Dude, you are getting VERY close! that is a serious improvement! Congrats. I'm still waiting for the full replacement dome to be done by someone here. I've got a lot of money! Just waitin' here...

Sorry if you've already addressed this, but I'm curious if you did any kind of mod to the helmet or if that's a custom helmet. I tried to skim through all the Vader threads to see if you mentioned doing any kind of mod and couldn't find anything. Your helmet looks perfect. Fits exactly the way it should. Love the kitty shots too! :lol

Hi UMRebel, I lowered the height of the plastic tabs in the helmet so it sits lower on the mask. I also replaced the chain so his cape can wrap around the neck. This gives his shoulders more of a sloping profile similar to what he had in the movie. One of his tusks broke off, so I replaced them with metal tusks. I'm still working on something that I will be satisfied with.

SSCVader001.jpg

SSCVader004.jpg

I think it does too. It was your example I followed Deoxy. We all know the helmet is f____d up, we're just trying to make it look a little better.

Damn JKNO...i would had atleast saved the shoulder armor for a custom or something, sucks customs over there are Nazi's.

I die a little everytime I see people destroy their statues/figures. It's like when you were a kid and your parents tell you not to waste your food 'cause there are starving people in the world.:monkey2 I'll be okay...just give me a minute.:grouphug

All,
If anyone have ever watched the Vader's backstage pass video from SS, the guy said that SS "developed a new body just for one character". Well, I was watching ep IV last night and noticed that Chewbacca is also as tall as Vader. Therefore I think SS should use the same body, and make some kind of fur type bodysuit to make the 1/6th scaled Chewbacca. What do you guys think? I think it is possible.

Body is much too muscular for Chewbacca. This is a Vader specific body.

How did you punch the eye pieces out jkno? are they separate pieces from the mask?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I saw it ...transparent lens replacement maybe???

I also need to ask Glenn if he would sell just the machined metal tusks he uses for his Vaders, for they look a lot cooler than the plastic ones on SS.

Imo the helmet mod looks better in person than pictures seem to capture...not much (movie accurate), but just enough to slightly to change the attitude if you know what I mean

I think yall who think the helmet is wrong are smoking crack :sick, but carry on and continue to butcher your toys boys....

I'm leaving my big friend alone. He might kill me in my sleep.

:banana

I kept my Hurricane Vader's helment on the SS Vader. I keep on looking @ it when I change the poses..:monkey3, and I am happy w/it. I don't want to do anymore changes. I'm just a novice...:D

Back