Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think these pictures illustrate how the look can change depending on the angle.

3724191520_dbb35edb79.jpg

ZOMG! VADER!!

3723363833_c548e54f36.jpg

Not so much...

Still a great figure.

The crotch armor seems to be connected to the body suit with only 3 very small and short pegs - I'm really interested how is this the first Vader to have this problem - but maybe others are glued all the way to the strap.

Yeah strap is not really fixable if broken... but if the 3 pegs are intact on the crotch armor they should be able to be pushed back through the belt. I'm thinking that is how they are all attached.

If you remove the belt I think you could probably put it back together... but if not at least ya tried.

I made the helmet mod and oh SNAP! That improved it 1000%, it has that iconic ANH look to it now! You wouldn't think 1.5 millimeters would make that much a difference.
Here it is with the mod:
3726279735_8ed684c290.jpg

3726279589_f0784f6378.jpg

3727084262_44787a9596.jpg

I always liked the pose of him while waiting for ObiWan on the Death Star, my 1/1 scale will be in that pose (once I get the mannaquin and finish the costume :) )

I made the helmet mod and oh SNAP! That improved it 1000%, it has that iconic ANH look to it now! You wouldn't think 1.5 millimeters would make that much a difference.

Could you please direct me to the post about what kind of mod you guys are doing (if there is one) or tell me what you did? Did you just take the dome off and reposition it? It actually does look a lot better that way.

Here it is with the mod:
3726279735_8ed684c290.jpg

3726279589_f0784f6378.jpg

3727084262_44787a9596.jpg

I always liked the pose of him while waiting for ObiWan on the Death Star, my 1/1 scale will be in that pose (once I get the mannaquin and finish the costume :) )

That looks 100% to me. Way to go.

Could you please direct me to the post about what kind of mod you guys are doing (if there is one) or tell me what you did? Did you just take the dome off and reposition it? It actually does look a lot better that way.

I think some dremeling is required...

I think some dremeling is required...

Ooooh, don't know if I'm game for that or not. I'm not a customizer at all so if someone could post up a pictorial that would be great or at least some detailed instructions. I don't usually modify my figures, but this one may be worth it. Just wondering what exactly was done to achieve the look.

Well if liking the current Vader is being satisfied with less then good for me!
For a mass produced figure it definatly stands above the rest in pretty much every aspect . Medicoms is decent but SS's is much better executed and $25
less. I'm not even going to bother compairing it to Hasbros.

That's the difference! That 1:1 costume is just that, 1:1 and much easier to make look like the real thing AND it's NOT mass produced. It is WAY more difficult to get film accuracy when something is 6x smaller in scale and is mass produced quickly to get product out.

I'm overall happy with my Vader and will probably do some mods to the helmet and this is what I expect from a MASS PRODUCED 6X SMALLER THAN NORMAL ACTION FIGURE. This isn't rocket science people, IT'S A TOY!

Last edited:
Yeah I think it is in this thread on page 250 or some odd :). Yeah take the helmet dome off and remove the strips inside the helmet so it will ride lower. I was able to snap them out with needlenose pliers and it was fine.

That's the difference! That 1:1 costume is just that, 1:1 and much easier to make look like the real thing AND it's NOT mass produced. It is WAY more difficult to get film accuracy when something is 6x smaller in scale and is mass produced quickly to get product out.

I'm overall happy with my Vader and will probably do some mods to the helmet and this is what I expect from a MASS PRODUCED 6X SMALLER THAN NORMAL ACTION FIGURE. This isn't rocket science people, IT'S A TOY!

Well said!! Also its not fair to compair as mass produced figure to a custom figure i.e Hurricanes vs Sideshows. The custome can be made as you please
the mass produce figure has many varibles that have to be considered .

I just realized stupid customs charged customs tax for my figure with shipping too. WTF? so it arrives damaged but pay customs for shipping as well. Man I need a ^^^^ing bazooka right now.
nve9f5.gif
And I so hate stupid FedEx and opening package at customs in Bucharest and not in front of me like UPS or USPS EMS do!

Back