Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, its too soon. I don't need another Vader right now since there are way to many characters we need first... Boba, 3PO, Tarkin, Chewy.

I did. I get an amber color, less "red" more burnt orange almost brown color... but perhaps my flash isn't as sharp as other more up-to-date cameras here. Also it looks like the red really pops when the flash is used in a relatively low-light room. I have to wait untl the sun goes down a bit as my place just gets a lot of light.

Anyway, no biggie, just noticed some variation... as with everything, I'm sure that there will be variation to the "red eyes"; whatever effect causes it certainly it can't be replicated in every figure the very same way. So some may just have more 'red' behind their black eyes than others.

I think it was the below that got me; those eyes are really red:

For what it is worth, under normal lighting conditions the eyes have just a hint of red. My flash is probably pretty overly harsh as my room is in a somewhat low lit room.

It's time for some dynamic poses. (as dynamic as it can get) I know he can do a little more than what we've seen. LET'S SEE EM! I guess lerath or someone undressed him and he's much more pose able after that. Still, i know he can do a little more than what we've seen even without. C'mon people before i get mine! :)

Change the helmet? ok. The scale? Hell no.

I say keep it the same as well. The Sideshow Star Wars line is hardly to scale to begin with. So keep Vader standardized in size. He may be a bit too tall but he'll look fine compared to the short/tall Lukes, Leias, etc...

Just make sure to make Chewie even taller, though.

I'm sure we'll start seeing some custom Vaders being shortened a bit.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been posted but oh well. (tw pics)

20090711091349194.jpg.jpg

20090711091327494.jpg.jpg

20090711055108100.jpg.jpg

20090711055049981.jpg.jpg

20090711091317764.jpg.jpg
20090711055130763.jpg.jpg

20090711113752973.jpg.jpg
ap_20090711055152365.jpg.jpg

Anzik-Awesome dio pics of Vader Vs Obi Wan on the Death Star!!!
photoshop the sabres man and you'd have a still from the movie!!!

VaderKenobi72.jpg

VaderFinger72.jpg

Vaders72.jpg

Not the best photos, but I think you get the idea...

In hand, the helmet is a minor issue. If you freeze frame ANH for comparison, it's still off -- but simply looks great in person. My biggest disappointment is the cape chain: there's no way to display it above the helmet and I much prefer that look. Seems odd that they'd go to the trouble of a metal chain if you never get to see it.

By the way, the Medicom Vader (ROTJ is above) looks great, but it really loses points for loose hands, a helmet that won't stay put, and difficulty in standing on its own. The height doesn't bother me that much, but it's still odd they went with a 1/7 scale (or whatever) instead of true 12" figures.

VaderKenobi72.jpg

VaderFinger72.jpg

Vaders72.jpg

Not the best photos, but I think you get the idea...

In hand, the helmet is a minor issue. If you freeze frame ANH for comparison, it's still off -- but simply looks great in person. My biggest disappointment is the cape chain: there's no way to display it above the helmet and I much prefer that look. Seems odd that they'd go to the trouble of a metal chain if you never get to see it.

By the way, the Medicom Vader (ROTJ is above) looks great, but it really loses points for loose hands, a helmet that won't stay put, and difficulty in standing on its own. The height doesn't bother me that much, but it's still odd they went with a 1/7 scale (or whatever) instead of true 12" figures.

Dude love the last pic :lol

I'm still at processing for my exclusive :banghead:banghead

hurry up already :whip:whip

Back