Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any pics, but I did try it out at one point and it's a definite improvement, since the ANH head looks so much better than the ESB one to begin with. It only really works for making the ESB/ROTJ Vader though, since the helmet doesn't have the widow's peak on it.

All our vader to this point have used the hasbro modified dome, but as an experiment we modified a Dx dome and took some measurements and seems the DX dome is a lot closer to the correct size and shape to the real thing ( we have a 20th century fox ESB full size for ref) however the Dx dome has a rather long skirt which we shortened and added the widows peak .To be a true depiction of ANH the Central ridge needs to be thinner.
F06DAE6F-7154-4992-B565-060548ED0726_zpsiutleati.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Very cool.

Here's mine. It's just stock except I flared and lowered the stock dome. And I also out a tiny bit of padding under the cape behind the neck to reshape the shoulders slightly.

CFA53D2E-B971-4CBF-B905-14660F31F6A0_zpsbmfvwake.jpg

You can get the SS ANH vader looking good with a few tweaks,and the mask is certainly a better sculpt than ESB/ROTJ version. But despite the HT vader looking a little idealized the overall scale of everything and sculpt of the mask look vastly superior to either of the SS versions

Thought I'd show some pics of my new ANH vader (bought from TheFiend with his custom shortened body - thanks!). Swapped out dome with Hasbro dome with widow's peak added, SS Deluxe ROTJ inner robe, and home-made cape using a 90% polyester/10% spandex blend.

Headsculpt certainly looks ok from certain angles, not so much from others (like straight on :rolleyes:). Overall the least photogenic figure I've ever had hence the limited angle selection inthe pics, but certainly looks great in person with some mods.

full3_zpsv3heeqoc.jpg
full2_zpsme4wuiak.jpg

front_zpsoohcuzmi.jpg
side_zpsgrpzghcv.jpg

front2_zpsxna4euec.jpg

other%20side_zpsswjsuygw.jpg

full_zpslrhyxs1z.jpg

choke_zps7bmj4q0g.jpg

Thanks!

Yes, I added the widow's peak on the Hasbro dome. Dremeled out a notch and inserted a piece of bent styrene, and painted.

I'm thinking about cutting a few rings off those oven mitts to shorten them.

Really great!!! Vader with no widow's peak is NO Vader!!!! The gloves are a tad long.... but they don't bother me as much as there being NO widow's peak!! congrats!!!

Just for fun, I figure Vader would have weilded double sabers at some point in his early reign of terror.

crosses_zps8m6hdvya.jpg

20150602_101704_zps4thlsu7i.jpg

Is there a certain Hasbro dome that I need to be on the lookout for or are there multiple domes that will do the trick?

Found it. For anyone who is looking at the handful of Vaders Hasbro released and trying to figure out which one is the correct one it's the 12-inch Electronic Darth Vader and the Ultimate Villain Darth Vader.

Last edited:
Back