Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Show me where the Xenomorph is. I dare you. Because this is a Xenomorph.

170px-Alien_(1979)_-_The_Alien.jpg

There's nothing like that in this movie.

And don't you say the little guy at the end. It's not a Xeno. No tongue, wrong head, fleshy. It's an offshoot. \

It might evolved into one, but currently, it's not one.

Xenomorph is just another word to describe a life form that isn't native to Earth.

A Facehugger is an Xenomorph yet it doesn't look like your picture there? ;)

I'm no big Alien franchise fan, but I assumed the term 'xenomorph' didn't exclusively apply to just the physical features of the creatures in question, but whatever thing results from the twisted mutation during the gestation process.

Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

The suit introduces a genetic change virally when worn, but reverses it when taken off? It should remain within the host.

I'm thinking too far into this.

Yeah, I think so... Never let facts ruin a good movie. :lol

The suit introduces a genetic change virally when worn, but reverses it when taken off? It should remain within the host.

Eh, it's confusing. But, chestbursters never have had that mechanical look to them anyway...soo..

Do you or anyone have a link to the art book that can be purchased? :wave

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-The-Film-Mark-Salisbury/dp/1781161097/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339707068&sr=1-1&keywords=art+of+prometheus"]https://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-The-Film-Mark-Salisbury/dp/1781161097/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339707068&sr=1-1&keywords=art+of+prometheus[/ame]

I wouldn't say viral, more like a mutation. I would say they have total mastery of their genes and DNA.

A Facehugger is an Xenomorph yet it doesn't look like your picture there? ;)

A facehugger is a facehugger.

Do you call a caterpillar a Butterfly?

And the name is just something Gorman called it in Aliens. Whether it's what Cameron officially named the creature, well, that's his thing. But it was said in the movie, and the only semi official name for it, other then "alien".

Calling it an Alien works too...but for discussions and stuff, I call it a Xeno so no one gets confuzzeled. :D

Elephant men would've explained the existence of elephants on Earth, at least.

If any animal deserves a God status it's the Crocodile. Sweet; imagine giant Croc dudes on a spaceship...:drool

The helmet is probably reminiscent of an elephant because the trunk part is providing him/her with breathing gases. :dunno

Yeah, I think so... Never let facts ruin a good movie. :lol

I'm not criticizing the movie because of janky science. Part of the charm, I suppose.

Eh, it's confusing. But, chestbursters never have had that mechanical look to them anyway...soo..

The chestbursters didn't have to. I'm not really sure of their origin, but I just assumed they were designed by the engineers using other creatures.

Back