Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

He said he filmed everything for both R and PG-13.

This movie is crazy expensive....it kinda HAS to be PG-13. As long as he FILMED the R-Rated stuff, and releases it later on Blu-Ray like Sucker Punch, then i'm good with it.

That's bs pg-13 will suck. I want to see an R rating when I go to the cinemas ____ this "we have to get the teens in the movie theatre crap" the original was R rated and it still did good at the box office. ____ waiting until a Blu ray release that bull____.
So much for ridley's statement of I want a hard R rating.
Not to mention the fact that actually sitting in a cinema with a bunch of 15 year old ____ing sucks. Because they're not able to sit in silence and watch a ____ing movie. They sit there giggling and answering their ____ing phone. Won't be seeing this at the cinema if its pg-13 or ma 15+ in Australia

This movie is crazy expensive....it kinda HAS to be PG-13. As long as he FILMED the R-Rated stuff, and releases it later on Blu-Ray like Sucker Punch, then i'm good with it.

I think I remember him doing a similar thing for Kingdom of Heaven. He filmed it the way the studio wanted it to be filmed but he also filmed the extra bits he wanted for his vision

It was released and was an "okay" film (I quite liked the Theatrical "Studio" Cut) but then later he released the Director's Cut. Wow! It totally changed the film and made it one of my favorites.

I was blown away by how totally different the same film could be and it shows that the studios usually get it wrong when they force the Director away from their vision... *cough* Alien3 *cough*

I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen with Prometheus and that the Theatrical Cut is still a great film... but if there is a chance of a Director's Cut then I might hold out for that on Blu-Ray.

PsychoCenobite :horror

____ that I'm not going to see a movie that is not complete. When they cut a film for the cinema it's not complete. If anything they should run the 2 different versions so these teens can go what their edited version so it doesn't warp their fragile little minds and us the fans get to see it in all of it's glorious gory glory in a big screen the way we all deserve to see it.
Doing this would also be a good test to see what pulls more cash the ____ty let's get teens in the movie theatre or the this is for adults and this was the way it was mention to be.
I bet the full release would do better

So what your saying is you have not problem seeing some hacked version of the film with a bunch of kids then wait 6-12 months to see IF they release a DC of it so you can watch that at home.

Enjoy the movie

That's bs pg-13 will suck. I want to see an R rating when I go to the cinemas ____ this "we have to get the teens in the movie theatre crap" the original was R rated and it still did good at the box office. ____ waiting until a Blu ray release that bull____.
So much for ridley's statement of I want a hard R rating.
Not to mention the fact that actually sitting in a cinema with a bunch of 15 year old ____ing sucks. Because they're not able to sit in silence and watch a ____ing movie. They sit there giggling and answering their ____ing phone. Won't be seeing this at the cinema if its pg-13 or ma 15+ in Australia

I'm kinda with ya on that.
Git off mah lawn, you damn kids!

That's been my experience too, I reallly dislike seeing a big flick with a bunch of kids in there. They don't have any patience and they can be rude, just chatting away, texting non-stop, all that stuff.

I'm just surprised at all of this since I thought that was Scott's way around the fox execs on the rating and the budget. Seems like Fox won afterall. Now it's not shocking at all that this is indeed a prequel in some form or another.

I'm still very very excited for it, since I have faith he can scare the bejesus out of us despite the rating. There wasn't a ton of gore in Alien. I just hope the execs let him do what he wants to do, build up suspence, etc. Movies these days are all about the quick payoff and jumps without the slow burn of suspense. That's what made those oldies great and nerve-wracking, the anticipation.

So what your saying is you have not problem seeing some hacked version of the film with a bunch of kids then wait 6-12 months to see IF they release a DC of it so you can watch that at home.

Enjoy the movie

Yep. You know why? Because this film is being treated pretty respecfully so far. If they can give me the real version later, WHILE SPENDING A ____ TON OF MONEY on it...i'm happy.

Too true. I have not had a decent scare from a movie for as long as I can remember. There have been movies of the horror/thriller genre that have made me uneasy or repulsed but not scared.
I get more of a scare now days playing horror based games lol

This whole watering down for kids has to stop. It's the reason we have had such terrible movies for so long.

If they ____ this up I will cry.
Ever since resurrection I've died inside a little every time I've left the cinema after seeing these piece of ____ movies

Yep. You know why? Because this film is being treated pretty respecfully so far. If they can give me the real version later, WHILE SPENDING A ____ TON OF MONEY on it...i'm happy.

How is taking a directors idea and changing it respectful.

Hey, I dont disagree with you...but I cant not be ignorant to how ____ works.

Movies cost money. The more money it costs, the more money it needs to make.

Who see's the most movies at the theater? Teenagers from 13-18.

You make it R, you cut out a good precentage of the audience. If Scott made this flick for cheap, like 50-70 million, it could've been easily R.

But it's not. It costs what..200 million? No way that would ever be R in the theatrical run.

How is taking a directors idea and changing it respectful.

His idea is not changed...he filmed everything.

The studio is changing it, not Ridley...who IS treating it with respect.

FOX are just ____ed how many times are they going to ____ this franchise up.
I wish I could meet one of these fox marketing ****** bags or one of the arsehole executives.

Ok...well, get over it.

Movies cost money, and they have to make money.
Simple as that. Whining wont make anything happen.

Hey, I dont disagree with you...but I cant not be ignorant to how ____ works.

Movies cost money. The more money it costs, the more money it needs to make.

Who see's the most movies at the theater? Teenagers from 13-18.

You make it R, you cut out a good precentage of the audience. If Scott made this flick for cheap, like 50-70 million, it could've been easily R.

But it's not. It costs what..200 million? No way that would ever be R in the theatrical run.

Why even bother. They should have just made another AVP movie if that's what they want.
Why the ____ don't they run both.
Pg-13 and the R.
They want money why the ____ not.
They do it with 3d films they can do it with this.

Ok...well, get over it.

Movies cost money, and they have to make money.
Simple as that. Whining wont make anything happen.

No worries.
If this movie turns out to be ____.
Which I very may will.
You can be the first person to not flame it hey

Because that would cost even MORE money....they would have to print TWICE as many copies of the film, rescore it, reedit it, ect...and send it out. The theater will have to house both versions, in 3D, which will take up space, and it'll just be a cluster ____.

I didn't say I was happy. I just said i'm not ignorant. It's an expensive movie....it needs to make money.

Back