Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People aren't classing AVP canon in the same universe as Alien canon so any debate on the topic is pointless now anyway. I guess it's really up to the individual whether they class the two together and in which case if they do, your points make sense.

It doesn't really matter how I classify them, the point remains on its own that there was absolutely zero reason for Yutani to be mentioned in Prometheus, unless someone just wnated to name drop. Personally as much as I dislike AVP and as god awful as I think AVP:R is, they do fill in alot of blanks.

But...Peter Weyland was the founder of Weyland Industries.

And why the ____ would Ridley Scott give a ____ about the AvP franchise...

I don't even think he's seen those movies.

wadaya mean father and son....there was no mention of weyland having a son.

So, you think Bishop the II is an android? theres plenty to suggest a lienage after Charles Bishop dies unless you think his heirs are all synthetic. I think sometimes this is true as well and it really depends on what version on which fansites and how much you take from various non movie sources. At any rate, since Peter was born in 1990 and Charles Bishop died about 15 years alter in his 50's they're obviously not the same. Karl Bishop said in the game that all successive "Bishops' were probably downloaded with Charles memories as he was. Again, information from novels, games, movies, etc.. all become dicey and at times even contradicts each other and I'm far from well read on everything Alienverse, but some fansites claim them to be father and son, some claim unknown relation.

Weylan Yutani isn't a AVP thing, i didn't think so...

“ One of the things I enjoyed most about Alien was its subtle satirical content. Science fiction films offer golden opportunities to throw in little scraps of information that suggest enormous changes in the world. There's a certain potency in those kinds of remarks. Weylan Yutani for instance is almost a joke, but not quite. I wanted to imply that poor old England is back on its feet and has united with the Japanese, who have taken over the building of spaceships the same way they have now with cars and supertankers. In coming up with a strange company name I thought of British Leyland and Toyota, but we couldn't use "Leyland-Toyota" in the film. Changing one letter gave me "Weylan," and "Yutani" was a Japanese neighbor of mine."

—Ron Cobb, "The Authorized Portfolio of Crew Insignias from The United States Commercial Spaceship Nostromo Designs and Realizations" by John Mollo and Ron Cobb

The original spelling of the Company's name was Weylan Yutani (note that there was no D in the name). At no time in Alien nor in the portfolio was the name of the Company spelled with a D. This was changed to "Weyland-Yutani" in Aliens.

https://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Weyland-Yutani

Considering that Scott pretty much wiped out Cameron's notion that a Queen lays the eggs when he released the restored director's cut of ALIEN theatrically in 2004 I'm pretty sure he'd care even less about syncing up with the AvP films.

Considering that Scott pretty much wiped out Cameron's notion that a Queen lays the eggs when he released the restored director's cut of ALIEN theatrically in 2004 I'm pretty sure he'd care even less about syncing up with the AvP films.

He might be a secret AVP fan.:naughty

9494597_orig.gif

Well, at least that explains Tsim F_kis. :)

Back