Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

There wasn't one moment where a character had an odd or out of the ordinary reaction.

I'm starting to think you may have seen a completely different movie than everyone else. Even most who really like the movie would disagree with you.

You guys are really going to town on this film aren't ya? :lol

:lol

And how the heck does Fifield and Millburn get lost? Fifield was the one who had the tech to map the derelict!!!! Of all the crew - you'd think those two would be back on the ship sipping tea when the others got back.

I enjoyed the movie, but I still think a biologist would know better than to try and pet a alien species that he has absolutely never encountered before.

The other scene that was ruined because the characters reacted in a manner that didn't ring true: Fifield and Millburn encounter the facehugger worm and Millburn approaches it like it is a kitten. When just 5 or 10 minutes before - his panties are in bind to get back on the ship just at the site of a DEAD engineer. Makes no sense unless his actions serve only to get him killed in that scene.

Millburn was sexually constipated from the long hypersleep ride....

vagi-snake changed that mood. :lol

I enjoyed the movie, but I still think a biologist would know better than to try and pet a alien species that he has absolutely never encountered before.

Didn't he even call it "cute" or "sweetie" or something like that? Someone in the audience I saw it with yelled out "stupid!". Not sure if he meant what the character was doing; or how the scene was presented.

Millburn was sexually constipated from the long hypersleep ride....

vagi-snake changed that mood. :lol

:rotfl He DID jump to the conclusion that it was female pretty fast.

Okay, now I'm convinced.

Lar'ja Thwei is pulling our leg, he's playing with us!

You sly, sly dog. LoL

Man! You're good! You had me going there for a second. :):)

Genius, my man, genius!

By way did anyone else think that Holloway's initial reaction was sort of weird on finding the dead Engineers?

Yeah, I was puzzled by that too. They were experiencing something pretty freaking amazing and he decides to hit the bottle. :cuckoo:

BB

There was one shot where Shaw gets a reaction from the engineer head and everyone in the room is amazed. They cut to Holloway and he's dismissive. WTH? I thought David was the android.
He was disappointed. He wanted the big stuff. He wanted to actually interact with the Engineers. Wasn't interested in the head exploding. Makes complete sense considering his character...

When you're looking forward to somthing really big, and unexpectedly, it's all ruined..the smaller stuff you'd normally be excited about isn't so exciting anymore.

Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

ah ha!!!!! i finally have my answer!!!

them taking their helmets off was a huge key moment in the film!!

the reason is their body temperature changed the atmosphere in that chamber and the vases of black liquid began to melt because of the change in the atmosphere. Worms started to grow because of this and then mixed with this black oil it started to create this new life form.

But the scene with David putting the substance into Halloways drink is left up to interpretation. Did he know what he was doing? Were his intentions evil? You have to decide.

however David discovers that its a weapon because of what happened to Halloway and Shaw getting impregnated and the creature grows inside her.

But this black liquid was intended to be a weapon to destroy the human race because the Engineers created this horrific mutating beast. It keep mutating and mutating to become unstoppable killing machines. this weapon they created to destroy the humans, instead turns against the Engineers. This is where the myth of titan Prometheus comes into play because in the myth he was punished for re-creating the human race.

:exactly:

As for the scene with David and Holloway, I think it was pretty straight forward. David asked him what he would be willing to do and Holloway says "Anything". David took his comment literally.

Another thing I was thinking about is the scene where they wake up the Engineer and he goes nuts. The Engineers created human life. Humans evolve to the point where they can create their own form of life. Humans are no longer the creation, they have now become the Gods. The Engineer doesn't like this. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Yeah, I was puzzled by that too. They were experiencing something pretty freaking amazing and he decides to hit the bottle. :cuckoo:

BB

For real. Its been all of one day, they were in the complex for LESS than one day and he's all like, "We didnt find God, ensue poutiness" or whatever. Nothing but childishness from someone supposed to be a scientist.

I would expect such a reaction from a sixth-grader. As if one would discover universal secrets in less than a day... I can almost understand David's "so what would you be willing to do...?" *pours drink*

Well, it DID end up shutting Holloway up. LOL

Oh man, I can't believe I'm actually about to go to the prom with the girl I've had a crush on all my life. What? I'm getting a new Iphone too? What a great bonus! Life is great!

...she cancelled and went with my arch nemesis Chad? Wow, that's unfortunate. Oh, hey..there's that Iphone...eh.

Have none of you experienced anything like this ever? Really?

He was disappointed. He wanted the big stuff. He wanted to actually interact with the Engineers. Wasn't interested in the head exploding. Makes complete sense considering his character...

When you're looking forward to somthing really big, and unexpectedly, it's all ruined..the smaller stuff you'd normally be excited about isn't so exciting anymore.

Yes, but are you not seventeen years old? No wonder this makes sense to you, for it is the reasoning of a child: no offense.

It is not the reasoning of an actual scientist.

Yes, but are you not seventeen years old? No matter this makes sense to you, for it is the reasoning of a child: no offense.

It is not the reasoning of an actual scientist.
So, you're saying scientists don't feel disappointment?

Back