Official RAMBO Thread - Spoilers as of 1/25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official John Rambo Movie Thread

I am really looking forward to John Rambo aka Rambo 4. I've been a Stallone fan pretty much most of my life since seeing the first Rocky in 1976 when I was 6 years-old. I have enjoyed all of his work. Yeah, he's had some "bumpy" mishaps and disappointments like...Oscar....Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot...and I think no one can ever forget....Rhinestone. :monkey5 Wow, he made a BIG mistake trying to do comedy and sing country music...with Dolly Parton! But, I have remained a loyal fan. He's had his triumphs too like the Rocky and Rambo movies, Cliffhanger to name a few.

I have faith in him with John Rambo...just like I did with Rocky Balboa.

:D

I am really looking forward to John Rambo aka Rambo 4. I've been a Stallone fan pretty much most of my life since seeing the first Rocky in 1976 when I was 6 years-old. I have enjoyed all of his work. Yeah, he's had some "bumpy" mishaps and disappointments like...Oscar....Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot...and I think no one can ever forget....Rhinestone. :monkey5 Wow, he made a BIG mistake trying to do comedy and sing country music...with Dolly Parton! But, I have remained a loyal fan. He's had his triumphs too like the Rocky and Rambo movies, Cliffhanger to name a few.

I have faith in him with John Rambo...just like I did with Rocky Balboa.

:D

Don't forget Judge Dredd, I loved that movie (as well as Stallone in that roll), the film seems to have a cult following :)

stallon only stayed as dread for about 25-30 minutes. after that, he's another person altogether. Thanks hollywood for bringing another comic to film and injecting your own vision into it.

Oh my GOD! I hope they left some of the brutal, gory parts in the film and didn't blow them all in the trailer! That is AWESOME! Jeez....When he blew that guy away in the driver seat of the jeep....DAMN!!!!!!! The guy was literally BLOWN AWAY!!! He disappeared! HA! :chew

They show practically the entire film in thre and a half minutes!

I agree they basically showed the whole film and it looks terrible. I enjoyed Part I a lot but this one looks pretty bad in my opinion. I understand it's an action movie and thus should be enjoyed as such without one giving much thought to the actual story but this looks awful.

Brian Tyler is the composer for the John Rambo film score. I don't know the name, but he's also doing the AVP2 score. I just listened to an interview with him about the John Rambo score, he says:

1) John Rambo, like Rocky Balboa, is made to be a bookend film to the original, so there are strong ties between First Blood and John Rambo.

2) The score, also like Rocky Balboa, is going back to the First Blood roots but will incorporate other Goldsmith themes, Sly wants Jerry's work to be honored in this film.

Well, I hope those of you excited about this film like I am will enjoy this news as much as I do, very promising stuff.

Brian Tyler Interview - MP3

Last edited:

OH yeah....Judge Dredd. Well, I really had hope for that movie after being a fan of the old comic book. It still cracks me up when Rob Schneider is sitting next to Stallone and does his best impression of his saying..."I AM THE LAW"! LOL! :lol Yeah, Judge Dredd really missed the mark. I have heard that a new, more accurate and faithful to the comic book movie for it has been in the works for a few years. Whether or not it gets made...who knows?

But, I love Stallone's action movies. Especially ones like Cobra where he is pretty much invincible, and kicks total *ss! I have the old movie poster for that one with the tagline on it...Crime Is The Disease, Meet The Cure. Very cheezy but cool at the same time I think. :cool:

I've grown up listening and loving the music of the master music composers I enjoy like John Williams (Star Wars, Indiana Jones), James Horner (Star Trek II, ALIENS), Howard Shore (Lord Of The Rings Trilogy), Danny Elfman (Batman, Edward Scissorhands), Vangelis (Blade Runner, The Bounty, Chariots Of Fire) and of course...Jerry Goldsmith. He also did the classic main theme for the first Star Trek movie, that they eventually used as the theme for the Star Trek T.V. show "Star Trek: The Next Generation". But his other classic movie music was for the Rambo movies. I still have his soundtrack on vinyl record for Rambo II! Classic! So, yes, I hope this new composer, Brian Tyler, honors Jerry's work in some fashion in the new John Rambo movie. It's great to hear that Stallone wants to be sure that Jerry Goldsmith's masterful music is honored and remembered. :D

Last edited:

Some new images, I can't wait for this movie.

081807french_cu.jpg

Clean version of an older image:
081807french_mg.jpg

081807french_choke.jpg

081807french_2page.jpg

Man I can't wait for this movie. I really hope Hot Toys makes a John Rambo movie figure as well. I don't see why they can't

Is there an official release date for this movie? I have seen Dec /07 & May /08 so far.

I have read online that people have said Stallone said Feb 08 in a couple interviews. And the artist who recently did Stallone's tattoo was told Feb '08.

So there are def. a few dates out there.

Stallone has a tat?

Unfortunately yes :(

sly-and-i,med,size2.jpg

Artist: Mike DeVries (email)
Studio: Mike DeVries Tattoos
Encino, CA
(818) 266-9445
Comments: "Here is a picture of Stallone and i after we finished the tattoo of his wife i did on him,It was two long sittings to get this piece done,and of course he took it like a champ.It was good times,i got to watch some of the editing of the new Rambo movie that looks like its going to be awesome,he says it will be coming out in February,so be on the look out for that."
bestbest-small-sly.jpg

Comments: A portrait of Jennifer Flavin, Sylvester Stallone's wife that i did on Sly's arm,Including three roses for their three girls that have rose for there middle names.We have about 14 hours into it already and his arm is pretty much done except we are still going to continue the piece onto his chest a little bit.

If Sly was gonna get a Tattoo, he should've got something bad ass that Rambo would've done or something. But Stallone must really love his wife.

i'd say getting a tattoo of your wife, something that means something, is better than getting an all over body of the star wars logo... or chewbacca or something like some 'fans' do

not that i would.... i don't really do tats myself. just saying

Unfortunately yes :(

sly-and-i,med,size2.jpg

Artist: Mike DeVries (email)
Studio: Mike DeVries Tattoos
Encino, CA
(818) 266-9445
Comments: "Here is a picture of Stallone and i after we finished the tattoo of his wife i did on him,It was two long sittings to get this piece done,and of course he took it like a champ.It was good times,i got to watch some of the editing of the new Rambo movie that looks like its going to be awesome,he says it will be coming out in February,so be on the look out for that."
bestbest-small-sly.jpg

Comments: A portrait of Jennifer Flavin, Sylvester Stallone's wife that i did on Sly's arm,Including three roses for their three girls that have rose for there middle names.We have about 14 hours into it already and his arm is pretty much done except we are still going to continue the piece onto his chest a little bit.

If Sly was gonna get a Tattoo, he should've got something bad ass that Rambo would've done or something. But Stallone must really love his wife.

Dang :confused: first Dwane Johnson (I know its because of his heritage) and now Sly, I just don't see the bennefit of covering such a large area with artwork. I can understand something small but covering such a large area is beyond me.

Back