OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid figures OFFICIAL

I just think if I put up a HT Snake next to a Medicom Snake, the Medi will look extremely dated and inferior.

I seriously don't understand the sudden Medicom 'issues' just because HT have announced the licence.

My medi tiger stripe is one of my favourite figures, great piece.

I seriously don't understand the sudden Medicom 'issues' just because HT have announced the licence.

I don't really think the issues are sudden. They've been there since the start, but now we will have something to compare them to. When Medicom was the only "licensed" figures from the games there really wasn't anything to complain about seeing as there was nothing else to compete with them.

Can't wait to see what HT does with MGS

Doubtful, that's just a custom, there was a few Iron Man customs on display from various artists, it's just a coincidence that they announced MGS at the same event.
Looking at this announcement seriously I have my fingers crossed that the first figures they release will be based on the first game :pray: , though it's more likely they'll be based on Peace Walker. It will be interesting to see nevertheless. Very happy to see the Videogame Masterpiece Series expanding. :yess:

Were there a buch of other custom figures at the show? ..if that greyfox/ironman figure was the only custom at the show then that is a major teaser that grey fox will be made and possibley the first figure from the license.

My WISHES :clap
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Naked Snake ( TigerStripe Fatigues, Mk23, Knife, Cigarettes,Googles)
(Alternate Clothes: HALO JUMP Fatigues :panic:, Helmet)

The Boss (Final Battle Version Fatigues, PATRIOT, Flowers)

Eva: (Motorcycle Fatigues :nana:)
(Alternate Clothes: Scientist Fatigues :yess::panic:)

MGS 4: GOTP

(the Jill Valentine Biohazard figure makes a good interest how these Suits could be made....)

Old Snake (OctoCamo-Suit), M4,Knife, Mark2

Laughing Beauty :wave: (Beauty Form Headsculpt, P90)
Laughing_Beauty_MGS4_GOTP_08.jpg

^ Is that Shinkawa?

First of all i dont want another BigBoss figure, theres already plenty for now.
I want MGS2 Snake, Pliskin Snake, MGS1 Snake

Grey Fox, Solidus and MGS2 Raiden

then they can make a Naked Snake imo

who do i send my opinion to Sideshow or Hot Toys and could someone give me the email to contact?

From the picture it looks to be Big Boss.
I was hoping that it was Solid

That's what she said

Eva: (Motorcycle Fatigues :nana:)
(Alternate Clothes: Scientist Fatigues :yess::panic:)

Laughing Beauty
:goodpost:

You've got good ideas.

I totally forgot about Eva's scientist outfit.
I liked Laughing Octopus the best out of the Beauty & Beast.

I don't see these as being new issues, either. They always had issues, which is why I sold my Naked Snake. Just that it was the best that was out there. There is a 95%+ chance that will no longer be the case once Hot Toys versions are released.

MGS2 Raiden. That is all.
Seriously? :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

One of the major flaws of the MGS franchise was making that cartwheeling, blonde haired girly man the main controllable character of MGS 2.

Seriously? :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

One of the major flaws of the MGS franchise was making that cartwheeling, blonde haired girly man the main controllable character of MGS 2.

haha, agreed. Raiden was one of the character no one really liked, including me. everyone was mad when they had to play as him for 85% of Sons Of Liberty.

I'm really only interested in a couple versions of snake. l would like to have snake from MGS 2, and the tiger stripe camo suit from Snake Eater ( a better version of the already great Medicom one).

haha, agreed. Raiden was one of the character no one really liked, including me. everyone was mad when they had to play as him for 85% of Sons Of Liberty.

I'm really only interested in a couple versions of snake. l would like to have snake from MGS 2, and the tiger stripe camo suit from Snake Eater ( a better version of the already great Medicom one).
I'm not really interested in most of the villains and supporting cast. MGS 1 Snake, MGS 2 Snake, some version of Naked Snake from MGS 3, and I'm good. I would consider buying Gray Fox/Cyborg Ninja and some version of Ocelot, though.

It seems that everyone likes Snake's look from MGS2 better, but I've always wanted a really detailed Snake from MGS1 much more. I wish the he was the first figure that they would release.

Were there a buch of other custom figures at the show? ..if that greyfox/ironman figure was the only custom at the show then that is a major teaser that grey fox will be made and possibley the first figure from the license.

Not everything is a teaser.

And make no mistakes, Solid Snake will be the first figure in the Metal Gear Solid line.

166255_475692782343_58690437343_6180031_2341183_n.jpg

From HT Facebook page:
Another highly expected license expected by fans, we are bringing you with the Metal Gear Solid videogame license! Also impressed by our quality standard, we finally obtain this license and are happy to make fans’ dream come true!

If Snake looks great, which he will...I'll buy. Glad I never got those crappy Medicom MGS pieces. It's funny, I want to go see those reviews of those that got it and raved about 'em. HT is going to blow that away, easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back