Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While we wait for news, here are my Dumbledore figure.

20170720_211311.jpg

20170720_203838.jpg

Attachments

• 20170720_210752.jpg
    20170720_210752.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 176
https://news.toyark.com/2017/07/20/sdcc-2017-gallery-star-ace-toys-261972

Kinda disappointed this is all they have to show.

Also, is 1/8 Harry (first task) coming with the Firebolt or not? The specs don't list it, it's not in the product photos that were released when Star Ace let it go up for PO, but it is in the initial announcement photos and these Comic Con pics.

Very confusing.

SDCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-001.jpg
SDCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-002.jpg
SDCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-003.jpg
SDCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-005.jpg

Great photos Oola! :clap

Thanks for sharing the pics Green Goblin. Newt looks good, liking his accessories! I shall definitely get him. :)

So that's it, hoped they'd be showing off a few more new Potter figures - seeing no new HP 1/6 previews is a bit worrying. :panic:

At least Newt looks fabulous. I really hope we get more Fantastic Beasts figures, though.

For Pete's sake. Fly me to a convention and let me pose your figures. That's my fee and I'll do it. I can't stand or understand how people of any company think that this sort of setup sells figures.

Also barring the bright lights, I do like what I see white Newt.

Hmm... Something about his mouth doesn't look right. Love the rest of it though, nice addition with the beasts in the case. But if the case can't be closed, that seems like a wasted opportunity.

Pretty piss poor turnout honestly. Not one Tarantino figure. Although judging by the recent pics from another show that's a good thing.

Yeh I was really hoping that they would show more from 1/6 Harry Potter line ... even the updated sculpt for the PoA Hermione would have been nice. The line has really slowed down in favour of their new 1/8 scale offerings and this for me is a bad thing. I really hope they do the main three from DH before this line ends.

Newt looks really good.

For Pete's sake. Fly me to a convention and let me pose your figures. That's my fee and I'll do it. I can't stand or understand how people of any company think that this sort of setup sells figures.

Every. Damn. Year. ****tily. Set. Up. Figures. Nearly every company, except Sideshow's booth.

It's bizarre.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this 1/8 line does nothing but p!ss me off. They have many of us heavily vested in the 1/6 characters and loving most of them, and they pivot to 1/8 with GLARING holes yet to fill on 1/6.

Honestly, are any of you even thinking about starting up a 1/8 HP collection with all the issues that come with moving down the scale?

I have no idea how the company is doing as a whole or even with just the HP license, so if unfortunate business decisions have to be made, so be it. But I just don't see how they make up revenue on a 1/8 line if they couldn't get there with 1/6 which is an established and popular scale for most of us. :dunno

I don't know about the rest of you, but this 1/8 line does nothing but p!ss me off. They have many of us heavily vested in the 1/6 characters and loving most of them, and they pivot to 1/8 with GLARING holes yet to fill on 1/6.

Honestly, are any of you even thinking about starting up a 1/8 HP collection with all the issues that come with moving down the scale?

I have no idea how the company is doing as a whole or even with just the HP license, so if unfortunate business decisions have to be made, so be it. But I just don't see how they make up revenue on a 1/8 line if they couldn't get there with 1/6 which is an established and popular scale for most of us. :dunno

I agree. I am not buying their 1/8 scale figures. If their 1/6 scale HP figures are not doing well, lower the price back down to entice more followers and buyers. They are not HT's. They need to at least finish Harry, Hermione and Ron from The DH's. Many would buy Bellatrix. I liked their recent Dumbledore release (Gambone), but I could live without the podium and candles, if that would have lowered the price back to around $200. They are pricing themselves out.

:exactly: Completely agree with you there! I personally have no interest in or intention of collecting the 1/8 line, it's looking more and more like these (1/6 figures) will end up being another half finished line - what is especially irritating is that it is missing so, so many of the film's key characters.

Personally *if* the line is finished I would rather they just come out and say so. :(

It's like a roller coaster with these guys. One minute I'm really looking forward to see what they've got coming, and the next I feel like they're on the verge of closing up shop.

This disappointing outing at Comic-Con, the confusing communication, and seeing the ****ing awful Katniss they decided was good enough to put out is one of those times.

As for the 1/8 line, I'm considering it, mostly due to space issues, but only if they can show me that they're going to be able to look good, have steady releases, and release on time.

If the line is dying soon, at least I got 2 good Harrys and Voldemort.

Back