Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my POA Harry. It's fantastic. I'm not seeing any of the weird neck issues that Michael said he had in his review.

Okay, I guess I found one issue that bothers me. The neck hole on the Hogwarts sweater is too big. It can be futzed away and hidden under the robe, but I really would have loved if the opening was more to scale.

Anyone else going to get 1/6 Star Ace POA Hermione? I'm looking forward to getting
her later this summer.

Absolutely :D Now that they are doing a new POA headsculpt to reveal this Summer I'm confident they heard the frustrations and it will end up looking good. I'm intrigued to see it.

I definitely have to shoutout Star Ace that when people give them critiques they handle it in a great manner :clap Look what I just bumped into:

SATSA8001C--Harry-Potter-Harry-Triwizard-Last-Game-1-8-FigureA.jpg

SATSA8001C--Harry-Potter-Harry-Triwizard-Last-Game-1-8-FigureC.jpg

THE 1/8TH SCALE HARRY POTTER (TRIWIZARD) COLLECTIBLE FIGURE FEATURES:

- 1/8TH SCALE BODY APPROXIMATELY 22.5 CM TALL
- WITH 30 POINTS ARTICULATIONS
- FULLY REALIZED AUTHENTIC LIKENESS OF HARRY POTTER IN THE MOVIE OF "HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE"
- WITH ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION AND DETAILED SKIN TEXTURE
- EACH HEAD SCULPT IS SPECIALLY HAND-PAINTED

1. THREE (3) SETS OF INTERCHANGEABLE HANDS INCLUDING:
- ONE (1) PAIR OF OPEN HANDS
- ONE (1) RIGHT HAND FOR HOLDING HIS WAND

2. COSTUME:
- ONE (1) GRYFFINDOR BLACK & RED LONG-SLEEVE SHIRT
- ONE (1) GRYFFINDOR BLACK TROUSERS WITH STRIP
- ONE (1) PAIR OF BLACK SHOES

3. ACCESSORIES:
- ONE (1) THE GOLDEN EGG
- ONE (1) FLYING HEDWIG WITH WIRE
- ONE (1) HARRY'S WAND
- ONE (1) HARRY'S WAND WITH FLASH LIGHT UP EFFECT
** BATTERY (AAA / 3A) X 2 PCS, NOT INCLUDED

4. MOVABLE FIGURE STAND

It looks pretty nice. I find it odd they'd omit including the Firebolt with the 1st Task version, and give that one the Triwizard cup. IMO, they should have included the cup with this figure, and added the Firebolt with the 1st Task version.

The price of these isn't too bad. About $110 for the versions without the light up wands, and $120 for the light up versions. If they can produce more characters in this scale, with consistently good likeness, and at this stable price point, I might switch scales, since I'm only about 3 figures deep into the 1/6 line (2 Harrys and a Voldemort). I'm seriously considering picking up the 3rd Task version of Harry.

If they add the Firebolt to the 1st Task version I'll consider picking it up since the sculpt is better than the 1/6 scale version. As it is now though, the figure is kinda pointless without the thing he was on for the majority of time wearing this outfit.

EDIT: Looks like they planned on including the Firebolt, but they scrapped it in favor of the light up wand. :slap

18056716_1179442795515787_9100377297604571466_n.jpg

Having The Firebolt is literally the whole point of the sequence the figure is based on.

And I'm not sure why they included the Gold Egg with 3rd Task Harry. The Triwizard cup is the item he interacts with during this sequence. So why does 1st Task Harry have it?

To be honest, mistakes and omissions like these make me wonder if Star Ace even watched the movies to decide what to include with their figures.

No way to know for sure, of course, but it certainly "feels" like the 1/6 line is losing steam at Star Ace. As we've discussed here, smaller releases with miles in between... And now pivoting to the 1/8th scale seems like they are trying to salvage bottom line profitability of the license by moving to what they hope will be a more attractive price point.

I surly hope this is not the final nail in the 1/6 coffin. There are some can't miss figures we really need, and are of the category "if these don't drive revenue/profit for the company, nothing will". For me, at least, they are:

- The Deathly Hallows Big Three H/R/H.
- McGonagall

Tier two
- Lupin
- Lucius Malfoy
- Bellatrix

That list is subjective, of course, and I'm sure some would put Bellatrix in tier one, for instance, but the point is that I hope they finish this line before it fades away...

^ Yeah, I'm a bit worried about this line tbh, no 1/6 announcements for a fair while, even the Lucius figure that was originally going to be released with Dobby seems to have disappeared into the void. No more news on the Fantastic Beasts Newt either :( They need to at the very least make the figures mentioned (above) before calling it a day on the 1/6 line.

Really hope it's not the end of the line tho :pray:...I want my 1/6 McGonagall and Fantastic Beasts Newt figures dammit! :gah:

Star Ace seems to treat Ron like a 2nd tier character....

They've said a month ago in this post on Facebook that they still had plans to release new 1/6 figures.

The main appeal of the 1/8 scale for me is the possibility of owning a Hagrid figure. I've got no space for the sixth scale figure, not to mention it's way out of my price range.

No way to know for sure, of course, but it certainly "feels" like the 1/6 line is losing steam at Star Ace. As we've discussed here, smaller releases with miles in between... And now pivoting to the 1/8th scale seems like they are trying to salvage bottom line profitability of the license by moving to what they hope will be a more attractive price point.

I surly hope this is not the final nail in the 1/6 coffin. There are some can't miss figures we really need, and are of the category "if these don't drive revenue/profit for the company, nothing will". For me, at least, they are:

- The Deathly Hallows Big Three H/R/H.
- McGonagall

Tier two
- Lupin
- Lucius Malfoy
- Bellatrix

That list is subjective, of course, and I'm sure some would put Bellatrix in tier one, for instance, but the point is that I hope they finish this line before it fades away...

It's honestly spot on in my book. The only characters I would add into tier two for me (a more personal list) would be Umbridge, Luna (HBP with glasses) & Neville (DH with the sword). I feel like Kreacher would be an easy one to toss in at some point since they have the house elf body designed and it would be easy to sculpt a Kreacher head and toss it in a box with the locket.

We know Newt is coming but I wonder if they have any other plans past him? Will there be a Graves or a Tina? We havent even seen the head sculpt for it yet. Theres a lack of releases for later in the year for the 1/6 line and its concerning :/

lol.jpeg

I asked the Star Ace Facebook page for an update on the Newt figure, hopefully they'll actually be showing the prototype soon. Pretty excited.

I was thinking they'd be showing it at SDCC too, and the line does seem dead but on their Facebook they've said over and over that there's more 1:6 coming. Either way, Molecule8 has the license too so I'm excited for any 1:6 HP and Fantastic Beasts related stuff

If Star Ace can't even get the right accessories included with the proper Harry Potter figures, I wouldn't expect an announcement. They probably have no idea.

Back