Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they made 2,000 Harrys and 800 Rons and Ron sold out before Harry, does that mean Ron sells better than Harry?

If they sold the first 1,500 Harrys in six months and took another six months to sell the remaining 500, but it took 10 months to sell all 800 Rons, does that mean Ron is a better seller, because he sold out?

Achieving 'sold out' status means nothing to someone who doesn't know some of the some key metrics, stuff that only Star Ace is privy to.

When figures sell-out quickly at full price and then remain stable and even increase in price on the aftermarket like Ron, that's a good indicator that figure was popular and probably underproduced.

What kills a line isn't releases like these two Rons, whose quick sell-outs have to be considered a success--it's figures like Casual Harry and Mad-Eye Moody who are being deeply discounted and figures like the Sirius Blacks and Voldemorts that are sitting around in warehouses unsold for over a year, gathering dust that kill a line.

BBTS just got my Dumbledore--their last one--in stock. Can't wait for this one to arrive!

When figures sell-out quickly at full price and then remain stable and even increase in price on the aftermarket like Ron, that's a good indicator that figure was popular and probably underproduced.

What kills a line isn't releases like these two Rons, whose quick sell-outs have to be considered a success--it's figures like Casual Harry and Mad-Eye Moody who are being deeply discounted and figures like the Sirius Blacks and Voldemorts that are sitting around in warehouses unsold for over a year, gathering dust that kill a line.

Where are you seeing Moody deeply discounted? How deeply?

I'd still rather buy it from BBTS. They charge half the shipping that SS does.

I'd rather buy from BBTS if they weren't charging $40 more for Malfoy. Even if Sideshow charges $20 shipping for Malfoy, he's STILL cheaper than the price at BBTS without shipping by a lot.

Dumbledore has arrived and with him next to Snape and with Hagrid on the way i have an aching need for a McGonagall to complete the main teachers

Back