Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not thrilled with the price on Limited Malfoy, but I want Star Ace to do Neville, Luna and Ginny, so I'll buy him nonetheless.

I'm not thrilled with the price on Limited Malfoy, but I want Star Ace to do Neville, Luna and Ginny, so I'll buy him nonetheless.

I was just going to mention that. THIS is how we'll get them. I think the only way we'll get them is they ARE gonna be ridiculously priced to justify the potential losses if they don't move. They can price Harry and Hermione more normally because we'll buy them anyway. They're not as optimistic on the kids outside the trio hence Malfoy's insane markup. He's sort of an important character but not so much that you can't skip him. He's right in the middle. They're probably rolling the dice to see how we react to it.

The POA Harry and Hermione do look good, but I'm boycotting Harry and Hermione variants until we get an accompanying Ron again. Star Ace's strategy with Ron is stupid. No one wants a Yule Ball Hermione with no other Yule Ball characters in the works, and no one wants Harry and Hermione from specific years without an accompanying Ron. The school robes Ron was the first figure in the whole line to sell out, and that was long before Hermione's prototype was even shown to complete the trio. Fans who invest in Hermione and Harry from specific years are going to want Rons to go with them.

If the Casual Ron figure that was produced wearing TOTALLY different clothes than the prototype in the official photos bombed, that's Star Ace's fault for releasing a figure with zero new tooling that they didn't even try to match the clothes on to their own prototype. And that was still long, long before the first Hermione or Casual Hermione went up for order, which means Star Ace has zero data as to how well a new Ron pre-order will sell once it's known that he's completing a trio. I just do not understand this crazy hate Star Ace has for Ron figures, when the only ones released were early in the line and the school robes version has been sold out for over a year and a half now and always is in-demand on the aftermarket.

I will get him. He can stand in a corner and look envious at the other three.
Is he forcechoking harry in one of the photos?

The POA Harry and Hermione do look good, but I'm boycotting Harry and Hermione variants until we get an accompanying Ron again. Star Ace's strategy with Ron is stupid. No one wants a Yule Ball Hermione with no other Yule Ball characters in the works, and no one wants Harry and Hermione from specific years without an accompanying Ron. The school robes Ron was the first figure in the whole line to sell out, and that was long before Hermione's prototype was even shown to complete the trio. Fans who invest in Hermione and Harry from specific years are going to want Rons to go with them.

If the Casual Ron figure that was produced wearing TOTALLY different clothes than the prototype in the official photos bombed, that's Star Ace's fault for releasing a figure with zero new tooling that they didn't even try to match the clothes on to their own prototype. And that was still long, long before the first Hermione or Casual Hermione went up for order, which means Star Ace has zero data as to how well a new Ron pre-order will sell once it's known that he's completing a trio. I just do not understand this crazy hate Star Ace has for Ron figures, when the only ones released were early in the line and the school robes version has been sold out for over a year and a half now and always is in-demand on the aftermarket.

Yule Ball Hermione is an easy pass for me. So inessential. The funny thing is Goblet of Fire is one of my favorites of the films but the varients you can make it for it, to me, are stuff you'd do when you've done a bunch more iconic looks first. They seem too soon.

I was just going to mention that. THIS is how we'll get them. I think the only way we'll get them is they ARE gonna be ridiculously priced to justify the potential losses if they don't move. They can price Harry and Hermione more normally because we'll buy them anyway. They're not as optimistic on the kids outside the trio hence Malfoy's insane markup. He's sort of an important character but not so much that you can't skip him. He's right in the middle. They're probably rolling the dice to see how we react to it.

The price is likely a mistake. Even at UK prices it's only $180 US equivalent. It will probably be the same price as the original Ron & Harry releases.

And, I disagree - if that happens to be the price, there is no justification. The body is recycled. The clothes are just Slytherin versions - so green thread colours for the jumper and tie etc. The robe looks the same, just a Slytherin patch added. The lantern is recycled. . .

Not sure why they're giving him a broom either. Mind you, they did use school brooms in the first movie.

Not sure why they're giving him a broom either. Mind you, they did use school brooms in the first movie.

I think they were just struggling to find accessories to give him. Star Ace has been doing an amazing job on the accessories that most characters come with. Not excited about the ones that Malfoy has.

Holding my wallet firm until we get some older school robed versions....or perhaps OOTP or DH street clothes. No interest in the tiny tikes. Hurry up Star Ace.

:exactly: Although I do love my first year trio figures :love but for as for Malfoy, I will wait it out for an older version of him, preferably Year 5 or after. :)

The price is likely a mistake. Even at UK prices it's only $180 US equivalent. It will probably be the same price as the original Ron & Harry releases.

And, I disagree - if that happens to be the price, there is no justification. The body is recycled. The clothes are just Slytherin versions - so green thread colours for the jumper and tie etc. The robe looks the same, just a Slytherin patch added. The lantern is recycled. . .

The price doesn't seem to be a mistake. BBTS has him listed for $239.99 now as well.

I pre-ordered anyway to support more kids in the line that aren't Harry and Hermione.

Surprised BBTS has it listed for that price. How is it going for $60 less in the UK?

Edit: I'm thinking that it must be an error. Plenty of other sites offering pre-orders on Draco at $190.

Last edited:
Surprised BBTS has it listed for that price. How is it going for $60 less in the UK?

Edit: I'm thinking that it must be an error. Plenty of other sites offering pre-orders on Draco at $190.

In the U.S.? Can you point me at one?

The price doesn't seem to be a mistake. BBTS has him listed for $239.99 now as well.

I pre-ordered anyway to support more kids in the line that aren't Harry and Hermione.

It has to be a mistake or they're being greedy. I have pointed out why. We never get things cheaper in the UK.

15443748465549553739.jpg

Back