Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is the second version of shape so terrible? Rooted hair until styled always looks off but even with accurate styling the paintwork on his face is awful I’ve seen more accuracy to the actor from 4inch figure it’s just really bad.
Hagrids second sculpt looked promising then saw the paintwork and that was awful too... why star ace ?

I’m waiting to see in hand photos of wormtail.

Just saw a Russian video review of Snape 2.0 (easy to find on YT if you?re interested). Getting ready to prepare and season my words a few pages back for eating...

Sure looks as though they took an easy chip shot update of an existing sculpt they had already had approved and produced and hit a worm burner instead.

I wasn?t prepared to pronounce this 2.0 dead on arrival based on one terrible photo that had surfaced, but the evidence is mounting that instead of updating 1.0, they produced a whole new sculpt using quality standards reminiscent of such storied works as Teen Ron and Train Wreck Hermione...

I just don?t get it. Why?? Were they afraid to make a figure whose quality stood out just a bit from the crap they?ve been serving us for the last two years?

Here is easily the best shot:

View attachment 482836

Then there?s THIS:

View attachment 482837
View attachment 482838

And the pi?ce de r?sistance:

View attachment 482839

How did we get here, and how do I get off the ride?

View attachment 482842

Well...I guess the time to make my own custom 1:6 scale Tommy Wiseau figure that I never knew I needed or wanted has finally arrived! YIKES!

210146C12AF64D62B40B.jpeg

I just always shake my head with this company every time I have a peek at what they are doing now. Four of my best 1/6 figures are from them, young Harry, Ron, Hermoine, and Steve McQueen. Hard to believe that is the same company pumping this stuff out today.

I completely lost it looking at those Wormtail review photos. Full on tears running down my face. Could not stop laughing for a minute there.

What shocks me is that Star ace keeps on going with the releases. Who buys these?

I honestly have no idea. I am a HUGE HP fan, but even if this sculpt had turned out perfect, I would wait for a bargain price. I always found his portrayal in the movies too cartoonish, but he wasn?t exactly a fan favorite in the books either.

:exactly: Same!! :lol :lol :lol It's a whole new level of awful for them. :rotfl

I'm glad I didn't have a drink in my hand when I clicked on the link and saw the first pic. :lol

I was so floored by the headsculpt I almost didn't noticed how out of scale the figure is. And that the fiinger is still not missing. So inaccurate. It's just a mess. :slap

I guess I’m the only one who thinks the sculpt is ok, but the hair is ridiculous. If they had stuck to the sculpted hair, I might have considered this one...

Hello guys, Im new to your forum. I recently bought a hermione teen version from star ace, Does anyone have a 3Q hermione that wants to sell. Thank You.

I just got the dementor in after the long amazon shipping. It was in fact the "deluxe" version. For $75 the figure is ok, it is certainly bare bones. I think with some water treating and futzing it can be an interesting thing to add to a display.

I would absolutely say this thing is by no means worth the $175 original price tag. It is a sculpted upper torso attached to a dynamic pole for the lower body. Not much there to justify the cost.

Back