Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another round of 2.0s showing up. 2.0 Draco and 2.0 versions of the Quidditch Duo.
05011AC4-CAFB-475D-875F-1AB14E5A05B9.jpeg
CD2860CE-8F33-4F1C-9686-8CEEBC42CA94.jpeg
E213A2D9-A5E5-42C5-8026-23323A1C963C.jpeg

There?s no doubt that this looks awful, but there?s also no doubt that someone is doing their best to make it look as bad as possible with the photography. Why would the company order a brand new sculpt when all they had to do is modify the sculpt they already have in house for the rooted hair.

Not buying it. It think once a few of these start to show up in hand we?ll have a lot of photos much closer to this:

E639A296-DC30-4A79-B184-2C087EB702AE.jpeg

Then you?re going to be sorely disappointed.

I don?t see how in the pic on the top they trying to make it look worse, it?s a clear front on shot of the figure in natural light. If anything, the second pic you posted is someone trying to make it look better with more shadows to hide the awful paint application.

This figure will look awful, like 90% of SA catalog.

Hey, don?t get me wrong, there?s a decent chance it won?t be great, but I don?t see how it could be WORSE than the original release.

As for the first photo, it?s shot from beneath, with flat lighting, effectively washing out any subtlety that may (or may not, lol) be present in the sculpt.

As for the photography in the second shot, 100% that?s shot to show off the positives of the sculpt....just like anyone who displays the figure should be taking care to do. Lit from above, and as you correctly point out, composed to accentuate the likeness. My point is that 99% of high end collectors will be able to make this look WORLDS better than that flat mug shot we?re all scaring ourselves with.

I know Star Ace?s reputation is in the toilet right now, for good reason. But there?s no reason to think that the Snape 2.0 will be anything other than a recycling of Snape 1.0 (which may be little consolation for those who hate that sculpt as well), but, again no reason to think it would be any worse. Just like Halloween/Christmas/Arbor Day Hermione was no worse that her original release from a sculpt perspective.

And look, I could be wrong. As unlikely as I think it might be, they might have decided to start from scratch using the same hack sculptor they used on Uma from Kill Bill, or (God forbid) Teen Hermione since they had to re-tool for the routed hair. All I?m saying is that if we?re being honest, we can?t tell much from that atrocious photo...

Fingers crossed...!

The original sculpt was terrible too, and they redid Hagrid with rooted hair and that also looked worse all around.

Yeah, that's the same sculpt as the original Quidditch Harry, which is a pretty good figure. The only issue I remember having with it, being the sweater wasn't long enough in the sleeves, and the loose padding on the arms. And the whole broom thing being a little hard to pose.

Dont know if they actually listened to my feedback on the original prototype, but they did go with the more pale skin tone which looks much better for Draco. I'm actually really looking forward to this one.Screenshot_20200327-214523_Facebook.jpg

Yes that looks good :)

I wish they wold do a 2.0 teenage Hermione and sell the head separately.
I complaned that the prototype look to old for POA, but It would have been better than what we got.

Glad to see they've improved Malfoy...looks loads better now and am considering getting it. Will still wait and see what the final product looks like before ordering though! :)

Got my Star Ace Dementor yesterday. I think it looks pretty darn good! Representative of the creature enough to make me happy.

Got him for an absolute STEAL from Amazon. $93.10 shipped! Couldn?t resist...

6EB68FAC330A406ABBA8.jpeg

Got my Star Ace Dementor yesterday. I think it looks pretty darn good! Representative of the creature enough to make me happy.

Got him for an absolute STEAL from Amazon. $93.10 shipped! Couldn?t resist...

6EB68FAC330A406ABBA8.jpeg

Nice, even cheaper now i see. I havent had any interest in getting it, but for that price I might bite.

So in my boredom I decided to try and tackle getting a McGonagall in my collection so
I found one of those Walmart dolls for $5 on eBay and started playing around- now just waiting for the 1:6 body to get here and we’ll see how she fairs next to everyone else 9E742EB3-9B3D-4F25-847E-AC16E4D9C037.jpeg

Back