Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m going to say it...these two look great together in person! I’m not going to lie photos had me worried but having these in hand gives me hope for more star ace releases....like hopefully a McGonagall!!! 66AF09AE-F000-4D36-9FA9-F4F010DF08CE.jpg

I just got Griphook in. The figure overall looks really nice, the sculpt has some really nice details in it. The disappointing thing is with the articulation. It seems to have full range of motion in his arms but not his legs. The torso / legs are one solid piece. The ankles have a very slight articulation so you can bend the ankles slightly and rotate the shoes. It is a shame they didn't go all the way with articulating the body for it.

IMG_6100.jpeg

I got Bellatrix in last week and I think she looks great...……………….now to try and decide if I want to get Lucius Malfoy. I can't decide from the pics if his head is too big for his body, and if it would bug me. I want to get teenage Ron too...…...so who to get next.
Trouble by wizgerg3, on Flickr
Deatheater by wizgerg3, on Flickr

SATSA0062S--Harry-Potter-Luna-Casual-Clothes-12-Figure.jpg

SATSA0063S--Harry-Potter-Ginny-Casual-Clothes-12-Figure.jpg

Two new versions of Luna & Ginny were just announced. Luna in Half-Blood Prince attire and Ginny in what seems to be Deathly Hallows part 2 attire. Ginny's outfit is all wrong though, I went through and tried to find a screen match and could with the colors but not the same style of either top or jacket/cardigan. Weird.

The Luna for me though is a definite buy. The Ginny is a little weird given the face sculpt and outfit don't match and is likely being put on the same body as first year Hermione, with a last film outfit and a year 5 (ish?) head sculpt. I think I'll pass on both Franken-Ginnys...

I got Bellatrix in last week and I think she looks great...……………….now to try and decide if I want to get Lucius Malfoy. I can't decide from the pics if his head is too big for his body, and if it would bug me. I want to get teenage Ron too...…...so who to get next.
Trouble by wizgerg3, on Flickr
Deatheater by wizgerg3, on Flickr

The Malfoy head is not too big for it's body...it is WAY too big for it's body. Looks like one of the marionettes from Thunderbirds.

Year 6 Ginny on a year 1 body, this only exemplifies the clear fact no one at Star Ace has watched these movies or is an actual fan of the property. It also shows the lack of attention paid by the Wizarding World brand after a license is granted. They are obviously not checking or do not care about the end product, either way it’s a bit disappointing a better company doesn’t have this license.

Where did you order the v2 from? It looks pretty decent, my usual seller didn’t stock these, so I ordered through a Big Bad Toy Store.

I had him preordered through sideshow. Articulation is definitely limited but I had to get him to go with my gringotts shelf.

I really need Lupin to display with Snape. Here's hoping they get back on track with this figure. I just can't bring myself to buy Lucius or Bellatrix. :(

From what I can tell with both versions of this figure, he doesn't come with a display stand which is a real shame. I'm just happy this one looks good. I wish this line had more creatures and monsters made though.

I just remembered that Hungarian Horntail head they showed off I wonder what ever happened to that...

Back