Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Yeah shes definitely not bad. And Lucius came with the same base, another classic starace reuse.

I think the face looks very off, personally. Lacking in detail and depth, and doesn't really capture HBC. I think it's the eyes and the eyebrows, especially.

Toy Anxiety's head photo.

Attachments

• Head__14735.1553754327.1280.1280.jpg
    Head__14735.1553754327.1280.1280.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 143
That Bellatrix is one more nail in the coffin...they seriously should change their name from Star Ace to Eye Sore Toys. The idea that they are charging over $100 for something that looks like that is bizarre.

Its easy to jump on the hate wagon, but I actually find this one to be pretty decent. Its not the most easy to take pictures of but it look really decent on the shelf. The price point was too high for sure but aside from that, the figure is undeniably her unlike the horrid Teenage Hermione and Ron.

And I’d say teen Ron is at least recognizable. Teen Hermione still takes top prize as worst head sculpt in the line.

I’m pleasantly surprised with how Bellatrix turned out, given the low bar set by Hermione.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't look as bad as some of their previous releases I think, not Star Ace's best effort but definitely not their worst. The likeness of HBC is there and with a better paint job this could go from a decent looking figure to a good looking figure. The stock paint job just looks too flat and lacks in detail too much unfortunately.

I wish we could go back to the 'early days' of the Harry Potter line - those figures were excellent. :)

I think people are going to fall into two distinct camps with this figure. People who are locked into a purchase or pre-order who see some good in it...a little bit of Helena Bonham Carter buried under the paint...and everyone else who will find this figure to be terrible.

My Bellatrix/Dobby set should be here tomorrow. Hopefully she looks decent enough that I dont have to keep her mask on.

It’s actually a very good figure, once you’ve futzed the hair properly. This line is very inconsistent, teenage Ron and Hermione were appalling, yet despite the criticism on this forum, Lucius Malloy and Bellatrix are very good.

From the pics I've seen of Lucius, the likeness seems passable, but he's a bobble-head.

Lucius is an absolutely terrible likeness of a figure, wtf are some of you smoking?

The view from the side is awesome! I can see bellatrix/helena bonhan carter there!!

Back