Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is, they'd better come out with a freakin' Yr3 Ron to go with the upcoming Harry and Hermione. The whole "Ron sells less than the other two" reason is BS.

All I know is, they'd better come out with a freakin' Yr3 Ron to go with the upcoming Harry and Hermione. The whole "Ron sells less than the other two" reason is BS.

All they've gotta do is come up with a new head, shirt and pants too. They can just reuse the Hogwarts uniform from Harry, and throw in the Scabbers from the last Ron. Hopefully they've got it in the works right now so that we're not waiting a year to get a complete PoA trio.

I would imagine McGonagall, Bellatrix, and probably Luna and maybe Ginny are likely. Lupin, Tonks the twins and Neville are possible. Arthur, Molly, Trelawney, Flitwick, Kingsly, Quirrell, and Lockhart won't make the cut.

What about Pettigrew and Umbrige I want those.

^^ This. I'm not buying another Harry or Hermione from any year until I see that Star Ace is making all three.

I think Star Ace just has abysmal web presence to be honest. I doubt they'd end the line before pumping out the Deathly Hallows trio. Those are sure fire sell outs whenever they decide to make them

They need to actually announce their factory releases. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but with what they're currently doing they're generating absolutely zero hype for their figures on release. Hot Toys' agreements with bloggers seems to be the textbook way to do this, I don't know why so many companies aren't aping their strategies.

They need to actually announce their factory releases. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but with what they're currently doing they're generating absolutely zero hype for their figures on release. Hot Toys' agreements with bloggers seems to be the textbook way to do this, I don't know why so many companies aren't aping their strategies.

:goodpost:

This is absolutely what they need to do. Their Dracula figure just released last week and there was no indication of it on their Facebook until a few hours ago.

Also, it looks like Star Ace will have to deal with competing Emma Watson sculpts from Hot Toys, because they just announced the Beauty and the Beast license.

Isnt their Beauty and the Beast merch just going to be crappy Cosbaby figures though?

Could not agree more! Without Ron I'm holding off on Preordering Hermione. Im not totally impressed with the early shots of her even though shes in my favorite look with the pink sweater and time turner. Ron would not be a big issue at all either. Maybe even released as an exclusive in a smaller run. They can reuse the body and set of robes, like mentioned before on here toss in Scabbers, that just leaves sculpting a year 3 head, wand, an undershirt, sweater, pants, and shoes. I would love to have the POA trio, Prisoner Sirius and Gambon Dumbledore on a shelf together. If theres no Ron though it will just end up being Harry, Dumbledore and Sirius.

I've begun displaying the figures by years so right now I've got a SS/PS, COS, hopefully a nice POA one, GOF, and a lackluster OOTP one with Moody and Sirius for now.

What about Pettigrew and Umbridge I want those.

Same! Those two, Lupin, maybe a Tonks, Lucius, Bellatrix and then I think this line would be pretty solid. Oh, and of course DHp2 versions of the trio.

Looks like a new company has the license to 1/6 and 1/4 Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts figures.molecule8.com

This is good. Hopefully they push each other to make great figures. Or maybe this is why we haven't heard anything coming out of Star Ace past Dobby.

Looks like a new company has the license to 1/6 and 1/4 Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts figures.molecule8.com

This is good. Hopefully they push each other to make great figures. Or maybe this is why we haven't heard anything coming out of Star Ace past Dobby.
The question is if they're competing 1/6 licenses? I can't remember that happening in recent history. So I suspect either Star Ace has had their **** pulled from under them or molecule isn't putting out full 1/6 figures.

The question is if they're competing 1/6 licenses? I can't remember that happening in recent history. So I suspect either Star Ace has had their **** pulled from under them or molecule isn't putting out full 1/6 figures.

If they stole the rights from them then it would explain why SA have been so quiet on the HP front of late. Even I was surprised they did not capitalise on the FB movie when it was open to announce new figures or what direction they were taking the line. Its weird how quiet they are being with such a big licence.

I have not purchased any figures from this line as of yet, but am thinking about getting the Quidditch Harry since I liked the game in the series and the figure would look cool on the flight stand.

M8 isn't licensed. Looks like yet another customs collective. I wouldn't count on there being anything coming from them - ever.

Same here...I thought it was just me!! :lol

Add me to that list. She was sooooooo ANNOYING! :lol

Mind you, she had the funniest line in all the HP books. She was saying other kids were asking her about Harry (their relationship) and whether it was true that he had a tattoo on his chest. Ginny said it was indeed true and that it was of a dragon. Ron then asked what she told them he had a tattoo of. Ginny replied, "A pygmy Puff."

afb91cb2d595d777d06486ae03006196.jpg

I still laugh at that. :rotfl :rotfl

Same here...I thought it was just me!! :lol

She was not so bad in the beginning and it wasn't so much the fact she ending up being Harry's love interest and a way to be connected to the Weasley clan forever, it was just that JK kinda wrote her as a Mary Sue type in those last couple of books and it just annoyed the heck out of me. And the epilogue was just the final nail in the coffin.

And as for the recent play........:cuckoo:

She was not so bad in the beginning and it wasn't so much the fact she ending up being Harry's love interest and a way to be connected to the Weasley clan forever, it was just that JK kinda wrote her as a Mary Sue type in those last couple of books and it just annoyed the heck out of me. And the epilogue was just the final nail in the coffin.

And as for the recent play........:cuckoo:

Completely agree...and yes that epilogue :monkey4...I absolutely hated it when I read it - in fact when I'm watching the DH2 film I always end the film before that scene comes on.

Anyone else still waiting on a Sorcerer's Stone Hermione figure from BBTS? Starting to think they're never going to get her in. Preordered her in July... :gah:

Back