Official Han Solo in Carbonite Picture Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now this is a piece I would love for Sideshow to do a re-release with... Prices are way too high on this. Or just wait till Hot TOys gets around to it in oh, 5 years..

This is one of the few pieces I have passed on that I regret. But the prices people ask for it are insane.

Eh, sold mine for a bundle and I'm reworking the Hasbro. When you really take a close look it's not that accurate and I actually prefer the Hasbro frozen Han facesculpt over the SSC one.

I cast all the SSC controller blocks on the side and I'm trimming/reworking the Hasbro so it's better proportioned (and using real 1/6 hands) then will glue the Sideshow controllers on the side. It's actually not a huge amount of work.

I'm on a go-slow with this though in case HT announces theirs this year (highly likely.)

Eh, sold mine for a bundle and I'm reworking the Hasbro. When you really take a close look it's not that accurate and I actually prefer the Hasbro frozen Han facesculpt over the SSC one.

I cast all the SSC controller blocks on the side and I'm trimming/reworking the Hasbro so it's better proportioned (and using real 1/6 hands) then will glue the Sideshow controllers on the side. It's actually not a huge amount of work.

I'm on a go-slow with this though in case HT announces theirs this year (highly likely.)

I don't care for everything having to always be accurate. if that was the case I would not be happy with any of it and have to commit my self into the mental institute.

I don't care for everything having to always be accurate. if that was the case I would not be happy with any of it and have to commit my self into the mental institute.

:rotfl

True, but it's what all the effort - from HT staff to customizers - is directed toward though isn't it? People in that HT Vader modding thread might need a mental institute by the end of it though.

I just don't think anyone wants a Luke sculpt that "sort of" looks like Hamill, and Sideshow has historically taken an "artistic license" approach to accuracy, so they don't need any encouragement to lay off the accuracy.:lol

I was just surprised to see a Hasbro sculpt from a $20 toy looking better than a Sideshow piece side-by-side.

:rotfl

True, but it's what all the effort - from HT staff to customizers - is directed toward though isn't it? People in that HT Vader modding thread might need a mental institute by the end of it though.

I just don't think anyone wants a Luke sculpt that "sort of" looks like Hamill, and Sideshow has historically taken an "artistic license" approach to accuracy, so they don't need any encouragement to lay off the accuracy.:lol

I was just surprised to see a Hasbro sculpt from a $20 toy looking better than a Sideshow piece side-by-side.

hey I can agree to that there jedi luke looks better and even the old Hasbro electronic darth vader vs obi wan electronics still work compared to the diabolical mess that hot toys did

I have the whole jabba setup, but I prefer the HiC pf to this for the money. The pf cost 300 us with 3 light up features. Thats a steal if you look at it from todays standards.
And as mentioned, the 1:6 th runs very inflated asking prices on evilbay and the like...

I have the whole jabba setup, but I prefer the HiC pf to this for the money. The pf cost 300 us with 3 light up features. Thats a steal if you look at it from todays standards.
And as mentioned, the 1:6 th runs very inflated asking prices on evilbay and the like...

The Jabba and throne is still my all-time fave 1/6 piece, despite the very average paint on Jabba. The other reason I parted with my Han Carb was that I just couldn't figure out a way to display it next to the throne - felt like it needed to be further away but space wouldn't allow it. Looked like Jabba could pat frozen Han's face from where he was sitting.:lol

The Jabba and throne is still my all-time fave 1/6 piece, despite the very average paint on Jabba. The other reason I parted with my Han Carb was that I just couldn't figure out a way to display it next to the throne - felt like it needed to be further away but space wouldn't allow it. Looked like Jabba could pat frozen Han's face from where he was sitting.:lol

I can fully picture jabba reaching for a snack and patting his favourite trophy on your shelf TB- too funny.
Han had to go...:rotfl

Has anyone repainted or dry brushed Sideshows Han in Carbonite? I was thinking a pewter dry brush might look great on it but haven't looked for reference pics yet to see if that's actually how it is or just how I think of it.

It looks darker than pewter, but hard lighting in ROTJ makes it seem lighter, you could try Plastikote Metallic "Graphite" - it's the color of pencil lead and the metallic particles are smaller than pewter. Any painting onto raw plastic must be primed first.

It looks darker than pewter, but hard lighting in ROTJ makes it seem lighter, you could try Plastikote Metallic "Graphite" - it's the color of pencil lead and the metallic particles are smaller than pewter. Any painting onto raw plastic must be primed first.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to look into it. I love this piece but it always looks too flat to me.

I took mine out of storage recently and noticed the paint started cracking on the wall part. I figured I will have to have it stripped down and repainted by someone or be brave and find a way to do it myself.:dunno

I seem to recall mine also had the velvet backing peeling from the body.

I seem to recall mine also had the velvet backing peeling from the body.

I am probably going to change out the backing as well. Without having a sealed display case it just attracts too much dust ect.. and becomes a pain to keep clean. Eventually I want a display case big enough to display this with the six bounty hunters. On the bright side waiting on the last two hunters will give me plenty of time to figure out how to fix this up.

Seeing this thread reminds me how much I’d like a highly detailed sixth scale Han in carbonite. Just the slab not the whole diorama. I guess the only way we'd see that is if hot toys did a Leia as Boushh with a Han in carbonite 2 pack or something like that.

Back