Official Enterbay-Hot Toys Bruce Lee Line General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Enterbay Bruce Lee Line Thread

cool!!!

68873_457971869584_329989274584_5311974_6486265_n.jpg

Is that a new release? That body looks amazing.:clap

Hey Breaker's, do you know when will they announce it officially?

Again, that body looks like it is real. My guess is that this is not the final version. I think it will have the cuts for the articulation and hands. If not, then I guess they will be bendy hands. What if it is a whole bendy body?

That, or it is a statue.

Everything that Arnie did/sculpted while employed or contracted under Enterbay would be covered under an invention assignment clause in his employment (or independent contractor) agreement - this basically says that everything he did in relation to EB belongs to EB, and he can't take anything with him if he leaves EB. His contract may also have a non-compete provision of limited duration - not sure if HK law permits such provisions (for example, non-competes are not valid in California), and the issue is complicated by the fact that Arnie is (presumably) in S. Korea. Arnie may be subjected to a non-compete that covers only BL sculpts (since he seems to already be sculpting non-BL stuff for HT, a EB competitor), but again it would not be indefinite. And of course the parties may have agreed to a gentlemens agreement for Arnie to lay off BL for the the time being. Who knows, but I don't see Arnie staying away from BL too long. Probably too much info, but I seldom get to bring my professional life into my 1/6 hobby life....

Very interesting info, thanks for sharing.

Hey Breaker's, do you know when will they announce it officially?

Again, that body looks like it is real. My guess is that this is not the final version. I think it will have the cuts for the articulation and hands. If not, then I guess they will be bendy hands. What if it is a whole bendy body?

That, or it is a statue.

This doesn't look like a statue to me,allthough i wouldn't mind a GOD statue at all.

I am very skeptical to Rubber bodies,i prefer plastic with visible joints as it will hold longer,BUT we saw a ETD Battle damaged figure a long long time ago,not long after the first GOD's release so i am sure they have been working and testing the quality on this body for a long time to perfect it.

I think it could pass as a statue because of the lack of visible joints. But they just confirmed it is 1/6.

I think it could pass as a statue because of the lack of visible joints. But they just confirmed it is 1/6.

They?

So is this a 1/6th scale figure?

Holy smokes, so EB is really going to make a "seamless" body? No articulation lines would be quite a feat for them to pull off and honestly with some of the QC problems they've been having lately, I'm not sure this is going to end well. :p

A bit of fuel for the fire from the onesixthwarriors forum:

20101013_19756ad7e30c2a05129cJjMwn3DApUx5.png

Yeah, in the Enterbay facebook page. It says it is 1/6. I also doubt it will be a full rubber body, but at the same time, they might be trying to stay ahead of Hot Toys regarding the Bruce Lee sculpts.

It seems that there is a part of Arnie which couldn't move to HT....
Enterbay is Bruce Lee and BL is enterbay.... Whatever HT try to do:nana:
HT is so much better in other licenses.

there has got to be some joints in there somewhere.....i am trying to fathom how they will have a seamless articulated body underneath all that rubber.....if they can pull it off...my money to them as well as my hat

there has got to be some joints in there somewhere.....i am trying to fathom how they will have a seamless articulated body underneath all that rubber.....if they can pull it off...my money to them as well as my hat

joints are underneath those rubber. guess u duno bout HT king leonidas

joints are underneath those rubber. guess u duno bout HT king leonidas

But Leo doesn't pose the best - just try bending his elbow. It doesn't bother me with Leo because he can achieve most poses I want to see him in no problem. But Bruce was all about agility, strength and poise - a rubber body would offer a nice rendering of his physique but pose value would suffer big time. There is no way in the world there won't be at least separate hands and feet on this figure.

The other thing about the rubber bodies is that with Leo, I can be happy with the same pose for weeks on end. Bruce I'd want to pose often. Every handling of the rubber body wears it out, risks tearing and chunks coming off.

Most likely the body it was posed on was, as others have said, just a body for display purposes or a body that will be broken down and given joints just like any other, and thus all these pages of jibber jabber about how will the body move, maybe each finger will be adjustable, etc, etc, will be for nothing. You might as well have been discussing what sort of food would give a unicorn a shiny coat. Or no, am I wrong, was there something more than just this one picture and no other word?

But Leo doesn't pose the best - just try bending his elbow. It doesn't bother me with Leo because he can achieve most poses I want to see him in no problem. But Bruce was all about agility, strength and poise - a rubber body would offer a nice rendering of his physique but pose value would suffer big time. There is no way in the world there won't be at least separate hands and feet on this figure.

The other thing about the rubber bodies is that with Leo, I can be happy with the same pose for weeks on end. Bruce I'd want to pose often. Every handling of the rubber body wears it out, risks tearing and chunks coming off.

I agree with grosby.

Plus, they have already released BL 2 to 3.5 for you to pick and choose from if you want poseability.

I agree with grosby.

Plus, they have already released BL 2 to 3.5 for you to pick and choose from if you want poseability.

Someone throws out some teasers, people are going to talk about it. That's why they throw out teasers.

The BL bodies obviously offer poseability - but will the new HS be compatible with these? The colour match between the BLs and the past head sculpts were always iffy, and the new HS paint will no doubt be better again. So there's always room for improvement.

Lighten up people, some people have fun speculating about what's in the pipeline.

Rubber Body or not,a new developed body would be nice.We have seen the same looking body since their first GOD release.

I took this pictures some months ago. I attached an Enterbay GOD Bruce Lee head to a Hot Toys PMC muscular rubber body.
What do you guys think?

bruceleehottoys16.jpg
bruceleehottoys162.jpg

Back