Official EFX Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can't beat the ANH Han blaster imo. it doesnt get more iconic than that.

you can't beat the ANH Han blaster imo. it doesnt get more iconic than that.

It is the most iconic, but I like Grievous' for the more intricate details and I like the barell with the slits in it. Just something more appealing. Han's would be my #2 though.

Full page ad in new issue of STAR WARS INSIDER for the 7/23 product launch at SDCC, possibly offering hints of what will be unveiled:

vaderad50rm2.jpg

EP2 Clone helmet, Ki Adi Mundi saber, ANH Obi-Wan something, SS X-Wing, the Blockade Runner, and possibly another Stormtrooper (or that could be the same one from 5/5)!! :rock :rock :rock

Full page ad in new issue of STAR WARS INSIDER for the 7/23 product launch at SDCC, possibly offering hints of what will be unveiled:

vaderad50rm2.jpg

EP2 Clone helmet, Ki Adi Mundi saber, ANH Obi-Wan something, SS X-Wing, the Blockade Runner, and possibly another Stormtrooper (or that could be the same one from 5/5)!! :rock :rock :rock

Awesome news with the Obi-Wan piece, anything relative to him I'll be keeping eyes peeled, hope it's not something that's a stretch like the training remote.

Going by that ad image, part of me would like to see a 1:1 McQuarrie Vader helmet made, I think it'd be badass :rock

Ki Adi Mundi saber

Huh...MR CS Exclusive that was passed on...

ANH Obi-Wan something

Revisit of the lightsaber especially since they don't have the FX license

SS X-Wing

Last minute Studio Scale attempt by MR that was never realized....

the Blockade Runner

Rumored 2007 Studio Scale that was never attempted

Stormtrooper

Guarantee that its the helmet that is already offered in May.

EP2 Clone helmet

This one has me excited because it was rumored but not on the definitive planning schedules from MR at least that I saw...

The thing is that their preliminary display issues make me worried. They are supposed to be the same size and diameter as the MR ones but look so amazingly different that they'll stick out. The OCD in me can't handle that....

efxsthelmetfront3vp3.th.jpg

stormtrooperblacklucitedf5.th.jpg

If they get something that visually will meld with the MR stuff and not look like it is on a Power Towel rack from Bed Bath and Beyond then I'm in...

I got the TPM Obi hilt. I need a Ep 3 or 4 Obi hilt to complete it! Another word, YEH!!!

I hadn't seen that ad - so glad to see the SS X-wing won't be discarded. That was one piece I was ready to go all out for. Hopefully eFX has had time to refine it and make it better than it was already looking.

Rumored 2007 Studio Scale that was never attempted

The Blockade Runner? I don't buy it. Not for a second. The shooting model is just about five feet long.

(for reference, the Y-Wing in that photo is the same size as the MR version, and the Blockade Runner is not tremendously closer to the camera)

Far more likely IMO that this will be one of the Code 3-style Die Cast ships they've been talking about.

I'm with you mike, the new helmet stand idea sucks ass. What's with the printed plaque instead of an actual plaque? lamest idea ever.

And if they do remake the ANH Obi saber, i'll be getting both the afbb and weathered, I just hope they actually make it accurate this time. no more excuses. Regardless of the remake, I'll still never part with my MR obi weathered as it is beautifully done and I have big doubts that eFX will be able to replicate the awesome weathering effects on their attempt.

And if they do remake the ANH Obi saber, i'll be getting both the afbb and weathered, I just hope they actually make it accurate this time. no more excuses. Regardless of the remake, I'll still never part with my MR obi weathered as it is beautifully done and I have big doubts that eFX will be able to replicate the awesome weathering effects on their attempt.

What was innaccurrate about MR's Obi-Wan saber and why do you think eFX can't match the weathering?

What was innaccurrate about MR's Obi-Wan saber and why do you think eFX can't match the weathering?

Just the overall measurements of the pieces do not match the original real world items that were used on the actual prop. When MR made their Obi ANH they did not have some of the actual pieces and had to go by idealization and what little reference pics they could find. I forgot which pieces were missing, or maybe it was the whole lightsaber that was missing. Im sure someone here has a definitive answer to all the innacuracies, im too lazy to look it up again.

As for the weathering, take a look at any other MR weathered item and you'll see that none come close to the weathering effect of the OWK ANH.

read the 2nd to the last paragraph of the COA. Info on those pieces have recently become available. I think by research from RPF members.

mrobiwanweathered20bk9.jpg

To be specific, the two parts on the top corners have been identified since the MR Obi.. not sure about the transistors(two nubs on the graflex clamp), but I think they have better a idea of its dimensions now.

obisaberaj7.jpg

It's not really hard to get the weathering to match, or top MR's. The Obi ANH saber design facilitates that awesome look. A factory will always do a better job than customizers, btw. All they need to do is swap out the emitter, booster, and transistors, leaving the rest intact.

As for the weathering, take a look at any other MR weathered item and you'll see that none come close to the weathering effect of the OWK ANH.

I thought you were saying eFX won't live up to MR quality, I didn't realize you meant the Obi was something MR couldn't live up to MR with. Diamond in the rough. I only have the ANH Obi mini, but even that's impressive.

I'm with you mike, the new helmet stand idea sucks ass. What's with the printed plaque instead of an actual plaque? lamest idea ever.

Even though I know this isn't the case because the folks who founded eFX are really, really big fans and into all the research and development etc, the lack of a plaque feels like a cost cutting idea.....

if they do remake the ANH Obi saber, i'll be getting both the afbb and weathered, I just hope they actually make it accurate this time. no more excuses. Regardless of the remake, I'll still never part with my MR obi weathered as it is beautifully done and I have big doubts that eFX will be able to replicate the awesome weathering effects on their attempt.

I'd wonder if they'd actually make an AFBB Obi-Wan. In reality it was the first "imagined and idealized" lightsaber from them. They wanted to produce something that invisioned what OWK's lightsaber looks like from the prequel era, the assumption was that he held on to it the whole time, and LFL approved. That was pre ROTS, now essentially even through there isn't an official explanation for the visual differences from ROTS to ANH, the AFBB of the ANH Lightsaber is the ROTS....remember there was no official screen explanations to the variations in Vader's lightsaber either. I wouldn't be surprised if LFL themselves would put the stopper on any AFBB ideal sabers this time around.

eFX will never be able to match the weathering because they are mass produced items, same as the paint issues we have from customizer to factory, one is always better than the other. They can come close but not exact. As for accuracy, post the release of this lightsaber it was shown that further pieces were identified that make the OWK more like the original model, the original was made null and void as was the ANH Vader because of the incorrect number of grips. I fully expect both to be revisited and corrected in the eFX line.

Back