Official EFX Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was under the impression that they would be doing complete costumes. I read about the Stormtrooper helmet about a month ago. I am kind of disappointed that it is not the complete Stormtrooper armor...I would love to get one of those to display. A full-sized, authorized, screen accurate, super high-end quality set of trooper armor would be awesome. That might even prompt me to get the SS 1:1 scale Droids.

I was under the impression that they would be doing complete costumes. I read about the Stormtrooper helmet about a month ago. I am kind of disappointed that it is not the complete Stormtrooper armor...I would love to get one of those to display. A full-sized, authorized, screen accurate, super high-end quality set of trooper armor would be awesome. That might even prompt me to get the SS 1:1 scale Droids.

Im guessing all that will also prompt you to remortgage the house !

5-5-08 is only for the Stormtrooper helmet so far. I believe everything else will be held back for sdcc. they didnt really "remake" the ST helmets, instead just fine-tuned the quality of them on a couple of parts. I think the 500 is just remaining stock from their MR run.
Exactly. 5/5 is for the Stormtrooper helmet. The actual license and product launch is 7/23 (SDCC). eFX and Lucasfilm both decided to just to a soft roll-out with the Stormie helmet to both appease the collectors and get the word out. I'm gonna try to get one. :rock

Windlass/Museum Replicas has the full costume license, including armor. They're based here in the Atlanta area and I'll actually be visiting them soon for coverage (they're already working on Stormtrooper armor, Jedi robes and many other things).

Exactly. 5/5 is for the Stormtrooper helmet. The actual license and product launch is 7/23 (SDCC). eFX and Lucasfilm both decided to just to a soft roll-out with the Stormie helmet to both appease the collectors and get the word out. I'm gonna try to get one. :rock

Im with ya there. gonna try to get one or two.

If this one turns out as well as eFX is saying, I think the people with the shoddy MR ones will be a bit pissed :lol

Im with ya there. gonna try to get one or two.

If this one turns out as well as eFX is saying, I think the people with the shoddy MR ones will be a bit pissed :lol

What is EFX going to different? Shouldn't replicas be the same because they have the same source design to go by?

What is EFX going to different? Shouldn't replicas be the same because they have the same source design to go by?

it is exactly the same, but like i said, they are touching up some of the details that didnt quite turn out so well in the MR release due to factory production.

" The Vodaphone (black mouth area) has been cleaned up a little and there are now 3 distinct ridges at the top.
They are now using a spray mask for the grey area on the frown, whereas before it was painted freehand. This should make the lines much smoother."

it is exactly the same, but like i said, they are touching up some of the details that didnt quite turn out so well in the MR release due to factory production.

" The Vodaphone (black mouth area) has been cleaned up a little and there are now 3 distinct ridges at the top.
They are now using a spray mask for the grey area on the frown, whereas before it was painted freehand. This should make the lines much smoother."

Ahh ok, improved production mainly, not design changes.

YOU can read my interview with them Here:
https://www.windlassstudios.com/t-land-starwars-interview.aspx

I'm going for a ROTS Obi-Wan and ROTS Vader...

That is all...in terms of 1:1 lightsabers...

I'm going for a ROTS Obi-Wan and ROTS Vader...

That is all...in terms of 1:1 lightsabers...

I think there may be some regular retailers still selling the MR ROTS Obi-Wan, I don't see EFX redoing it, MR's took forever to sell out. I only imagine they'll redo ones that sold out quick for MR and collectors may have missed out on. Good way to win customers, offer them stuff they missed out on and spare them prices of the secondary market.

I want these in particular

122478647_d723102f88.jpg

vlcsnap1088363wp0.jpg

Yey, for timed charges.

I'd really like to see them do some Prequel vehicles, even though a lot of them weren't filming miniatures it'd be worth it to make some stuff like a Jedi Starfighter or an AT-TE. Or my personal favorite-->Anakin's hotrod speeder from EP2.

I think there may be some regular retailers still selling the MR ROTS Obi-Wan, I don't see EFX redoing it, MR's took forever to sell out. I only imagine they'll redo ones that sold out quick for MR and collectors may have missed out on. Good way to win customers, offer them stuff they missed out on and spare them prices of the secondary market.

I love it when they make so many of my favourites...means it's easier to get them at cheaper prices...

Which is nice...:peace:peace

And I would go for that Grievous blaster too...

I have no doubt they can make things the same or better than MR but I definitely know they will be offering more stuff. I only hope they can offer their stuff at more reasonable prices, that's all I ask for!

You'd think that the ones like Obi ANH weathered and afbb, mace windu, dooku, luke rotj, etc sold out quick...but the truth is many many of MR's older stuff took forever to sell out. at one point MR marked all of those down to something like 50% off the MSRP. It's ironic that nowdays they are the most valuable ones.

The one's that have the quickest sell out times are the newer elite editions, and helmets.

I sold my ROTS Obi Wan, but if it were re-made, they would have to kick things up a notch, and have it done in stainless steel. I'll take polished steel over chrome any day.

This is why I opted for fan made sabers anytime over those MR's! THe only MR I want is the Gui Gon CE.

You'd think that the ones like Obi ANH weathered and afbb, mace windu, dooku, luke rotj, etc sold out quick...but the truth is many many of MR's older stuff took forever to sell out. at one point MR marked all of those down to something like 50% off the MSRP. It's ironic that nowdays they are the most valuable ones.

The one's that have the quickest sell out times are the newer elite editions, and helmets.

Since I never witnessed that, I'd say that was pretty early on when MR was still way out of my budget so I wasn't paying attention. That's why I hope EFX redoes some of the early stuff, there's a collecting generation or two to hook in that didn't get on board with MR in the early days. When MR started, a $45 GG mini bust was a high end purchase for me and I only had a couple, everything else I got was Hasbro.

Sign me up for a Grievous blaster, I don't know why but it's my favorite hand held gun design in Star Wars.

Back