Official Asajj Ventress Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup its adjustable..got it from a local retailer who just happened to bring limited pieces back from japan..pretty ex for me..but they sure are useful..i think there's some other brands online thats different but can't seem to find them online nowadays

I believe the DiD Table Stand is jointed similarly to the one in photo. You might want to check that out.

I believe the DiD Table Stand is jointed similarly to the one in photo. You might want to check that out.

DID-E60004.jpg

https://unitoyzone.com/product_info.php?products_id=546&osCsid=cba1c3dcb12d25871822656b8bb81fec

HERE YA GO, MAULFAN..nothing a gd reminder of the item's full name won't do online..thanks, kevin..=p

The stands that come with that flexible vertebrae-looking part are from BBI and DID, both manufacturers of 1/6th scaled military figures. I love the BBI stands and a couple of years ago bought a bunch of them loose for my figures. Whenever I had a Greg Louganis shelf diver, that one inherited a BBI stand.

The SS ones are just not flexible and the ring part just doesn't go low enough. I prefer for the ring to hold the figure by the upper leg, where it's hidden away and less obtrusive.

Here are a couple of pics of the stand holding up some of my figs:

I would love for Edwint to shoot a video showing how he achieves those poses. Just fantastic work! :clap

Edwint -- I've never seen you have so much fun with a figure. :)

Asajj must be your favorite.

I don't know how he feels, but I certainly think she's the most fun in the Star Wars line. Perhaps it's because there isn't a great deal of footage burnt into the mind like other characters, so the imagination is uninhibited. If you did these poses with say Obi-Wan, they'd look cool, but part of the brain would say "Obi-Wan would never do that."

thanks!!well i'm nt sure if she the favourite of all..heehee..i mean the siths are all cool to me..the twin lightsabers are what attracted me to her in the first place..nice streamlined design..the body does have rather limited joints though..hope they improve on that..:D

wow! just, wow! so impressed I can't say more, wow!
and this animated gif, wow!

...Adam, great awesome work !!!!

I am still shock that you collect 12" figures, and a customizer too. :bow

Just got a good camera so I took some pictures, this is the best one:

creativeqm3.jpg

She's in front of the computer monitor, what was actually weird was that at some point the camera focus would make the screen appear black even though it was white, so the screen is black and it's still casting light:

dsc0245wq4.jpg

Adam made her looks super sinister :rock , which I think she should be !!!

The paint apps on the SS ones are great but she looks so innocent.

Adam made her looks super sinister :rock , which I think she should be !!!

The paint apps on the SS ones are great but she looks so innocent.

Don't forget though, Sideshow's figure was made to reflect the CW cartoon in a realistic manner, which it does. Adam's custom is great, but it's not faithful to the source material Sideshow sought to reflect. They're both great representations of the character from 2 very unique angles.

Don't forget though, Sideshow's figure was made to reflect the CW cartoon in a realistic manner, which it does. Adam's custom is great, but it's not faithful to the source material Sideshow sought to reflect. They're both great representations of the character from 2 very unique angles.

Actually; the idea of creating a "realistic version of the cartoon" isn't all that simple. We all know what C3PO looks like; a golden, gleaming human-esque art deco robot. In the cartoon, he's yellow and plain and has none of the detailing that the actual C3PO has. If someone that had never seen the film version of C3PO, but only the Clone Wars version, had tried to do a "realistic" action figure of him, I'm sure it would look nothing like the film version. So while SideShow's Assaj could be said to be the "realistic version based on the Clone Wars cartoon" theres nothing to say that Adam's doesn't reflect what a film version, or "real" version MIGHT have looked like. Really, the original source material is a handful of concept sketches in a Star Wars art of book; I think if customizers were to start from there, we'd see a vast range of "realistic" Assaj figures, all of which would bear aspects of what might or might not be "right"!

Back