Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436299184.740438.jpg

Hey all, I've got a thread in the Commerce section about two auctions, one of Marlon Brando Jor-el and Clark Kent from the Superman Returns hot toys line. Check it out in the Commerce Section. Cheers

Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread (which I'm amazed even still existed), but I finally got around to updating my Routh Supes using Waruna's sculpt. It's still on the stock body, but only after being heavily modified and buffed up to try to better match his physique. I also switched out with seamless arms and lengthened the legs.

20181129_1904161.jpg

20181129_1902001.jpg

20181129_1836081.jpg

20181129_1902461.jpg

20181129_1835141.jpg

Forget the figure, this is a movie that I'd wish they'd continue someday! ;)

Bring on the Elseworlds movies!

Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread (which I'm amazed even still existed), but I finally got around to updating my Routh Supes using Waruna's sculpt. It's still on the stock body, but only after being heavily modified and buffed up to try to better match his physique. I also switched out with seamless arms and lengthened the legs.

View attachment 434693

Incredible work!
I got that head too, but have yet to get it painted. Do you mind me asking who you got to paint yours?

View attachment 434691

View attachment 434692

View attachment 434693

View attachment 434694

View attachment 434697

This looks great. One question, how did you get the suit off?

Incredible work!
I got that head too, but have yet to get it painted. Do you mind me asking who you got to paint yours?

Thanks. And I just got myself to paint it. :)

The suit is in two parts. Shirt and trousers. The seam is concealed with the belt. Take that off and you will have to undo the stitching to get it all apart.

I guess that's one way, but I just cut down the back of the suit and pulled the whole thing off that way, so I could keep the suit as tight as possible on him, and since the cape covers up his back anyway. Then I just sealed the outfit back up afterwards with some double-sided tape.

Thanks. And I just got myself to paint it. :)

Well, that is incredible work. Well done!

I guess that's one way, but I just cut down the back of the suit and pulled the whole thing off that way, so I could keep the suit as tight as possible on him, and since the cape covers up his back anyway. Then I just sealed the outfit back up afterwards with some double-sided tape.

I have a couple of Routh Superman figures, but it would break my heart to cut that suit! Even if i was the only one who knew it was cut, lol.

Amazing work DaveJames! :clap love your paint apps on that sculpt as well. I have W2's painted version but have felt like something was off. You've captured Routh really well. And the work on the body looks just as good. Nicely done!

This really make me want to get back to work on mine

I have a couple of Routh Superman figures, but it would break my heart to cut that suit! Even if i was the only one who knew it was cut, lol.

You could do like i did and just undo the stitching behind the belt where the lower half of the suit combines with the upper half. It's a natural seam and you just sew it backup like it was before. It's a bit more of a pain but you won't have a seam down the back.

Hello, and Happy New Year to all, I am new to this site, and am interested in purchasing a really good screen-accurate Brandon Routh Superman Returns at a reasonable cost. Can someone assist here please? Thanks very much,

ALNC22

Anyone have the 2 in 1 version they’d be willing to part with? Found one on eBay but the seller cancelled my order because they couldn’t ship internationally right now :(

Back