Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Admittedly not the same angle, but here's the suit from ANH. Helmet looks fine to me:

2762288153_3b83fff79c.jpg

I am not saying the SS Vader sucks or anything, i am definitely buying it..its a nice figure but, from some angles it looks like the Marvel comic version..i think that pic posted looks like ROTJ Vader to me or they just dressed it incorrectly as there are no tabbard-like fabric going over the shoulder plate and the helmet seems to be missing that chipped metal cap on the right-front side of the mask where he breathes from..and! the gloves look like ESB-ROTJ style..not long enough or padded enough.

well then im happy for you. you should be fine with the ss vader.

I am not saying the SS Vader sucks or anything, i am definitely buying it..its a nice figure but, from some angles it looks like the Marvel comic version..i think that pic posted looks like ROTJ Vader to me or they just dressed it incorrectly as there are no tabbard-like fabric going over the shoulder plate and the helmet seems to be missing that chipped metal cap on the right-front side of the mask where he breathes from..and! the gloves look like ESB-ROTJ style..not long enough or padded enough.

Well, I'm certainly not going to jump up and down, throwing a big huge spoiled princess "it's not perfect" tantrum while contemplating slitting my wrists due to the inability to find perfection in a $120 toy. :lol I think Sideshow did an awesome job. Is it 100% perfect? We can guess no, but seriously... WHO GIVES A $#!+?! :lol Nothing is perfect.

Hasbro's "reveal" Vader was great until the Medi came along (hell, it's still a favorite and one I won't ever sell) and even has a good sculpt of Shaw. The last thing that was close was the Medi ROTJ Vader but if you even look at him wrong, the paddle hands fall off. :lol The Medi ROTS Vader was a turd all the way around. If Sideshow's Vader looks even half as good as those pictures do, it'll be the best damn Vader we've gotten in 1:6 to date. :huh

Oh, and the label that was on the suit which was on display in the Museum of Science, was "Darth Vader Suit: A New Hope." When in doubt, look at the box. ;)

I'll reserve judgement untill after we see the producton images. We were given the impression through ask sideshow that they are tweeking the crap out of this one to please the masses.

:horror:emperor

Well, I'm certainly not going to jump up and down, throwing a big huge spoiled princess "it's not perfect" tantrum while contemplating slitting my wrists due to the inability to find perfection in a $120 toy. :lol I think Sideshow did an awesome job. Is it 100% perfect? We can guess no, but seriously... WHO GIVES A $#!+?! :lol Nothing is perfect.

Hasbro's "reveal" Vader was great until the Medi came along (hell, it's still a favorite and one I won't ever sell) and even has a good sculpt of Shaw. The last thing that was close was the Medi ROTJ Vader but if you even look at him wrong, the paddle hands fall off. :lol The Medi ROTS Vader was a turd all the way around. If Sideshow's Vader looks even half as good as those pictures do, it'll be the best damn Vader we've gotten in 1:6 to date. :huh

Oh, and the label that was on the suit which was on display in the Museum of Science, was "Darth Vader Suit: A New Hope." When in doubt, look at the box. ;)

Then they mislabeled it. The breastplate is the giveaway there. It's ROTJ because of the alternating matte/glossy armor.

I agree with you though that the SSC Vader looks very good. I'm sure there are flaws, but not enough to trash it based on what we've seen. The real question is how well the body will turn out and how poseable it'll be.

And honestly, the Medi ROTS Vader wasn't all that bad. Yeah, the hands were a ^^^^^*ing pain, but I feel it was worth the price I paid at the time. That being said, I have high hopes that Sideshow's eventual ROTS Vader will blow it away!

it's not mislabeled. It actualy Is the ANH suit. for some reason the picture just looks rather... wonky.
I'd like to mention that I'm pretty sure there were Multiple Vader suits used in ANH. I'm not sure if the Smithsonian has the stunt, or hero version, the only difference being the paint (think it's one of the stunt versions) but i'd wager the molds that the helmet was produced from are all likely the same.

I could be wrong however, anyone want to pitch in?

however, too wide, or too narrow, atleast they got the side profile of the head correct. Glen was talking about helmet inconsistancies earlier in this thread, anyone wanna dig them up?

Looks like ROTJ to me, but with that washed-out lighting I could easily be wrong.

In any event, the SSC helmet does look enough, but it's hard to tell from that costume pic since there's no body filling out the suit. Wonder why they'd display it like that. It would've made more sense to fill it out with a mannequin. :huh

In any event, the SSC helmet does look enough, but it's hard to tell from that costume pic since there's no body filling out the suit. Wonder why they'd display it like that. It would've made more sense to fill it out with a mannequin. :huh

The costume looks weird displayed like that. With a proper mannequin you would have seen the mighty Vader, now you see Vader suit on a plank.

hey guys, semi-noob question:

i just pre-ordered the 1/6 vader. as this will be my first 1/6 figure from sideshow, i'm unfamiliar with any potential issues with ss figures. just hope i'm not gonna regret it. generally i'm not a nitpicker but i do want my figures to be a reasonably accurate representation of the character on screen. (i've no complaints abt hot toys' stuff thus far)...

so far, from all the pics, it looks pretty good to me.

anyone care to enlighten me?

Admittedly not the same angle, but here's the suit from ANH. Helmet looks fine to me:

2762288153_3b83fff79c.jpg

Thats not the ANH suit. Though it may have parts of it that are ANH.

The gloves are wrong. They are ESB/ROTJ gloves. You can tell as the globves have vertical insteal of horizontal striping.
The chestbox is wrong. It's too small, and has the greeblies from ESB/ROTJ.
The helmet is NOT ANH. No Widows peak on the dome, for one. Both of the tusks are the same shape and colour. Looks like the chin vent is too big as well, but thats hard to see.

Looks more like an ROTJ suit. Definately NOT ANH.

i just pre-ordered the 1/6 vader. as this will be my first 1/6 figure from sideshow, i'm unfamiliar with any potential issues with ss figures. just hope i'm not gonna regret it. generally i'm not a nitpicker but i do want my figures to be a reasonably accurate representation of the character on screen. (i've no complaints abt hot toys' stuff thus far)...

Ignore all the crap talking. NOBODY knows what the finished figure will look like because it's not released yet and right now, it's all pre-release hysteria and Medikid bashing. :lol

Frankly. Noone knows for sure yet since the figure has not been shipped. From images seen, IMO this ought to be the ultimate 1/6 Vader.:)

Ignore all the crap talking. NOBODY knows what the finished figure will look like because it's not released yet and right now, it's all pre-release hysteria and Medikid bashing. :lol

Frankly. Noone knows for sure yet since the figure has not been shipped. From images seen, IMO this ought to be the ultimate 1/6 Vader.:)

ok, thanks guys.

but i'm also referring to ss figures in general. i've been following the issues with previous ss 1/6 stuff and many times there seem to be problems with the prometheus body (eg: rotla indy), or the paint apps, etc etc. so just wondering if anyone has heard or seen similar issues. some are saying the helmet sculpt on this is inferior to the medicom or hurricane versions. honestly, i can't really see the difference from the pics posted.

btw, is it true this vader will have a brand new body?

ok, thanks guys.

but i'm also referring to ss figures in general. i've been following the issues with previous ss 1/6 stuff and many times there seem to be problems with the prometheus body (eg: rotla indy), or the paint apps, etc etc. so just wondering if anyone has heard or seen similar issues. some are saying the helmet sculpt on this is inferior to the medicom or hurricane versions. honestly, i can't really see the difference from the pics posted.

btw, is it true this vader will have a brand new body?

1) Vader will have a modified armored body (one used on the Clonetrooper) to accommodate the height.

2) "Hurricane" Vaders are custom-built by a fellow board member, so you shouldn't try to compare it with the SSC version since it's apples and oranges.

3) The paint applications are only a major problem when human features are involved. Sideshow is typically really good with non-human faces, masks, etc.

4) The body issues should be all but eliminated by the time Vader rolls around. Clone Kenobi was the worst of the armored body issues. Stormtrooper was less bad but still very wobbly. The Utapau Clonetrooper is significantly better but problems are still being reported. Before Vader, we'll have the Stormtrooper Commander from "Force Unleashed", and it's expected to have less issues.

So I wouldn't worry about body issues with Vader (hopefully...)

Hope that covers your questions. If I'm mistaken about anything, someone please feel free to jump in here.

The body issues should be all but eliminated by the time Vader rolls around.

I'd say it's about 50/50 being able to make that statement.

While each new release on the new bodies has been better than the previous, without knowing how that's come about, I don't know if it can be used to support that Vader, a completely unique body, will benefit from what has happened over the past year or not.

I'd say it's about 50/50 being able to make that statement.

While each new release on the new bodies has been better than the previous, without knowing how that's come about, I don't know if it can be used to support that Vader, a completely unique body, will benefit from what has happened over the past year or not.

I think the fact that Sideshow has addressed all the issues with the Pro (Toht's body was perfect), and the fact that this piece is a heavyweight champion type, and a make-or-break for many, it's okay to say they'll go the extra mile to ensure the body doesn't have any of the issues the others had. I don't think they'll want to read, "remember Vader" posts for the foreseeable future.

Well, I think we're all hopeful and feeling good about the chances, but I don't think we're in a position to say it with assurance to anyone concerned about it.

Well, I think we're all hopeful and feeling good about the chances, but I don't think we're in a position to say it with assurance to anyone concerned about it.

Or, you could fight for that inch and lean on the part of optimistic. :lol I'm not going to jump in with the paranoid, over-reactors and Medikids and condemn a figure that ain't even out yet. Again man, this is a pivotal release for Sideshow. They'll error on the side of caution. Especially after what happened with Indy, and Vader > Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back