Oblivion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wohooo!! Blu Ray coming August 6th! :rock!

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11331

Oblivion Blu-ray
Posted June 4, 2013 09:39 AM by Webmaster

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced and detailed the Blu-ray release of Oblivion. The post-apocalyptic action thriller stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Olga Kurylenko, Andrea Riseborough, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Melissa Leo, and is set to arrive via a BD/DVD/UltraViolet combo pack on August 6th.

Synopsis: Based on director Joseph Kosinski's acclaimed graphic novel, Oblivion follows Jack Harper (Tom Cruise), a drone repairman working with his partner Vika (Riseborough) to salvage vital resources from a desolate, nearly-ruined future Earth. As their assignment approaches its final days, Jack rescues a beautiful stranger (Kurylenko) from a downed spacecraft, triggering a chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows, and leaves humanity's fate in his hands.

The Blu-ray release of Oblivion features 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround track, and several extras:

Feature Commentary with Tom Cruise and director Joseph Kosinski
Deleted Scenes
Isolated Score
Promise of a New World - The Making of Oblivion:
Destiny: Conceptualization, development and pre-production
Voyage: The design and creation of the Bubble Ship (BD exclusive)
Combat: Action and stunts with Tom Cruise (BD exclusive)
Illusion: Post-production and visual effects
Harmony: The musical world of French electronic/shoegaze band M83

Me too. Sad I didn't get to see it again in the theater. But I've been listening to my vinyl soundtrack for comfort. :D

So freaking cool !!

Comic-Con Meets Oblivion in a New Piece of Exclusive Art | Superhero Hype

Oblivion Comic-Con Exclusive Art

"The Joseph Koskinski sci-fi film set for release on DVD and Blu-ray August 6, Universal Pictures' Oblivion has revealed a special piece of Comic-Con inspired artwork that features the San Diego Convention Center in ruins. Designed by Andree Wallin, the film's concept illustrator, you can check out the image below.

Specially commissioned for this year’s convention, the image will be available as limited edition tote bags and handed out daily at the Geek magazine booth (#4014) with a special code word available via Geek magazine’s Twitter account."

Very excited to see this again. The Futureshop exclusive is cool, but not $30 cool.

Really late to the party on this but I rented it from Redbox this past weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I was frustrated in the middle as I thought I was missing something but the ending tied it up nicely. Unlike some that have posted I love a happy ending so I was quite happy with how it ended. I give it a solid 8

Really late to the party on this but I rented it from Redbox this past weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I was frustrated in the middle as I thought I was missing something but the ending tied it up nicely. Unlike some that have posted I love a happy ending so I was quite happy with how it ended. I give it a solid 8

:exactly::exactly: An alien movie with no sight of the alien until the very end. Clever in a way.

As a side note: Morgan Freeman just made more in that amount of screen time than I'll see in the next 25 years. :rotfl

What I still don't get is what triggered the Nasa spaceship to return to earth. Did I miss something? Where had it been for 60 years?

Just watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. I also thought they were keeping the backstory a little too hidden and cryptic throughout the movie to the point where I thought I had missed something. I know it was for the sake of the big reveal at the end, but I think it was a little too much.

But I was in awe of the visuals. Beautiful scenery and ruins, although it looked more like centuries had passed and not decades. And I loved all the practical props they used. The vehicle and the drones were beautiful.

What I still don't get is what triggered the Nasa spaceship to return to earth. Did I miss something? Where had it been for 60 years?

The beacon set by the scavengers that Jack went to check out in the Empire State Building (which acted like an antena) triggered the return. I guess it was just orbiting for 60 years and the scavengers must have spotted it and wanted the power source to make their bomb.

Just watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. I also thought they were keeping the backstory a little too hidden and cryptic throughout the movie to the point where I thought I had missed something. I know it was for the sake of the big reveal at the end, but I think it was a little too much.

But I was in awe of the visuals. Beautiful scenery and ruins, although it looked more like centuries had passed and not decades. And I loved all the practical props they used. The vehicle and the drones were beautiful.
I haven't bought a Hot Toys figure since Ghost Rider. If Hot Toys were to make a Jack Harper and bubble ship I would be all over it.

Late to the party here but I finally rented this after wanting to watch it for months but never getting around to it.

I really liked this movie! Very solid sci-fi flick. Good visuals, good story, and good acting. One of the better movies I've seen all year to be honest.

Back