Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A forced Hiatus due to Disney cancelling the extended universe I believe. Not sure that is likely to change any time soon, I sure hope it does though as the possibilities are pretty much endless. I keep saying I'm going to buy Vader, I really should get around to it..

As long as they say its not flat out cancelled, there's still hope!

Would love Lando or Qui-gon for the Mythos line!

Yeah man, def buy Vader. He looks really great next to the Obi-wan Mythos. I might track down a Boba Mythos at some point, but I'm focused on finding Asajj Ventress right now. Plus I'm in the middle of paying for the Darth Talon Ex PF...costing me an arm and a leg for that one. Playing catch up is expensive, but hunting them down is pretty fun.

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Unfortunately I got the Lamrokk Mythos then ended up losing my job so couldn't complete the collection. Seeing images of your guys collectiona makes me uber jealous! I see the only one still available to buy directly from SS is the Darth Vader one, is there a reason for this? And I'm hoping to source the rest of this collection over the next 12 months, what do you guys think is the best one which I should prioritize? I like the look of the Boba Fett one the most, but I've also read a lot of good things about the Obi Wan statue.

Obiwan and Lamrokk are def. the best ones in this line for me ! (thats why I ended up only having those two :lol ) .. Boba is cool.. but I prefer him in 1/4 scale ..

I def. would go after Obiwan if I were you.. he is just iconic and unique compared to anything else out there

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Unfortunately I got the Lamrokk Mythos then ended up losing my job so couldn't complete the collection. Seeing images of your guys collectiona makes me uber jealous! I see the only one still available to buy directly from SS is the Darth Vader one, is there a reason for this? And I'm hoping to source the rest of this collection over the next 12 months, what do you guys think is the best one which I should prioritize? I like the look of the Boba Fett one the most, but I've also read a lot of good things about the Obi Wan statue.

Obi is probably the best Star Wars statue ever made so save up your money and try to get him. Boba is nice too... oh heck.... they are all worth getting.

Obi is probably the best Star Wars statue ever made so save up your money and try to get him. Boba is nice too... oh heck.... they are all worth getting.

I agree, best Star Wars statue ever.If you get this statue grab the MYC custom lightsaber hilt. It just adds to the perfection.

It's one of the few times SS has hit a grand slam QC wise, the Mythos line is pretty awesome....

You mean sculpt/design wise, all of them failed quite massively at QC. They were just good enough designs/concepts and paints to gloss over it. Except maybe the Gammorean as I've never really seen that one in person and I actually like it the best (and didn't get it), but I've been told it had some sort of issue but can't attest to it. Somewhat regret not getting that one though, but it's still out of scale with everything else I have so v0v ><

You mean sculpt/design wise, all of them failed quite massively at QC. They were just good enough designs/concepts and paints to gloss over it. Except maybe the Gammorean as I've never really seen that one in person and I actually like it the best (and didn't get it), but I've been told it had some sort of issue but can't attest to it. Somewhat regret not getting that one though, but it's still out of scale with everything else I have so v0v ><

Not failed massively. All the complaints were very minor (except for Obi's lightsaber.) I have all of them and none of the "problems" are even noticeable.

Blowing stuff out of proportion again? The line had no more issues than any other of SS pieces. I had 4 of them and all were very nice. A couple had minor issues that I got replacement pieces for, but that is normal for SS.

Not failed massively. All the complaints were very minor (except for Obi's lightsaber.) I have all of them and none of the "problems" are even noticeable.

Blowing stuff out of proportion again? The line had no more issues than any other of SS pieces. I had 4 of them and all were very nice. A couple had minor issues that I got replacement pieces for, but that is normal for SS.

Not "failed massively" in that they completely ruined the pieces as they are obviously in general loved. However the QC failed quite massively as in that it was not just on a few pieces, EVERY piece had the same issues, and they weren't too small. Doing a gloss finish on the head and a matte finish on the bodies are not small. Missing sabers aren't small. And as much as people can argue that the lean on obi is "normal" and "natural" it is quite literally not supposed to be that way (for christ sakes look on the box).

Every one of Fett's guns were bent to some degree or another, some much worse then others. Also his E11 physically cannot fit straight, it looks fine since you look at it from a bit of a distance, but up close it is quite obviously not straight, nor would it be able to fit in straight because of the way his arm is and his neck is freakishly long and looks weird for any angle other then straight (and it's clearly different then the proto). The incorrect arm on Vader is also a mistake, and even though they sent out another one they still high lighted the lava lighting (which was pretty meh anyways imo) the wrong way.

So yes they are still quite nice statues, I have two of them in fact, however it is quite plain that to me that quality control failed massively on this line because they had warped molds in the first goddamn place. It is actually quite appalling at what they let go. However I firmly believe that this is because SS has essentially no QC whatsoever. They ask the factory to do something, and they just sell whatever the factory sends. Some of it is great, some of it abysmal, but there is literally no way that so many statues could have so many problems (literally every statue that was produced) and someone actually did any quality control.

That's not "blowing stuff out of proportion". Do you honestly believe that any quality controlled these, or Rogue, or the litany of Alien and Pred statues? Of course SS doesn't care when they make tons of money, why would they? They can quite happily get away with what they sell. But I don't think I'm out of line when I say they're QC (if there is any at all, which I obviously doubt) failed massively.

Despite that they happened to put out a decent looking statue, but that has nothing to do with SS' abilities as a producer or a distributer and I would only give credit where it's due, to the sculptors and other artists who actually had a hand with creating the original statue. I find it difficult to respect anyone else there who has a hand in decisions that let that go by, or not owning up and shipping a obi saber when the factory quite clearly forgot it (which happens rather often actually, however every other company has actually pulled through for it).

I own 4 of the 5 and they turned out beautifully. Some of my best pieces.

boba and ben.jpgmythos vader 2.jpgdm1.jpg

As I said they look great, just the small issues that happened on all of them really should never have happened that kept them from being 10/10s as the factory did a great paint job on them. They also REALLY need to start painting the heads the same time as the body, a fair number of their statues have different finishes/shading with the body from the head.

Last edited:
As I said they look great, just the small issues that happened on all of them really should never have happened that kept them from being 10/10s as the factory did a great paint job on them. They also REALLY need to start painting the heads the same time as the body, a fair number of their statues have different finishes/shading with the body from the head.

I think like any statue line, you're never going to get perfection. That being said, with any of my Mythos statues, I haven't experienced any of the issues you mentioned. The biggest issue if there is one, was the Vader arm, but it was corrected by Sideshow.

As for colour consistency and sheen between the head and torso, the only one i can speak to is the Darth Maul piece. I don't see any issue here. Perhaps I got lucky too.

mythos1.jpg

I think like any statue line, you're never going to get perfection. That being said, with any of my Mythos statues, I haven't experienced any of the issues you mentioned. The biggest issue if there is one, was the Vader arm, but it was corrected by Sideshow.

As for colour consistency and sheen between the head and torso, the only one i can speak to is the Darth Maul piece. I don't see any issue here. Perhaps I got lucky too.

View attachment 192767

Take a good look at the fett E-11 rifle, it physically cannot go in if it was straight. Also take a look at his neck from the side, and the proto shots on the website of his neck. It's crazy long. I can also see your obi-wan is leaning to his right a bit even with that pic which is pretty much the best possible angle to take and see less lean. The lean isn't horrible but it's clearly not supposed to be there as neither the box art or the prototype has it, which points to ****ed up masters. Also I sincerely doubt that your obi came with the belt saber :| Also the lava lighting on the replaced vader arms is at the wrong angle. Not all of the maul heads had a different finish but a fair few are glossy while the body is matte, same with the Vaders however quite a few did and it really sucks for those that do. Maul was probably their best one as in with the least issues (except maybe the executioner) and also the best priced.

edit: Also looks like your fett long rifle is a little bendy towards the top, it's tough to tell from the angle and it's certainly one of the better ones but it's not straight. Here's a picture where you can see that the stock doesn't line up with the barrel on the e-11.

e40ed946fd5d127726465616c00279e8.jpg

Also here is the obi wan mythos with basically the same pose you have setup, as you can see he is not leaning to the left (his right) at all.

200108_press01-001.jpg

Again they are mostly small issues (except the saber and the arm, and if you got mismatched heads) but the fact they even green-lit with obviously warped molds (or were ok with bad pulls on fett's guns) to me either screams an extreme lack of care or more likely zero oversight (and a fair bit of lack of care). I don't think this is asking for perfection, it's asking for the basic of responsibilities when producing a piece. And I'm sure you've seen some of their other pieces that have had massive problems on the entire line. Sure they hit a home run sometimes like with lobo, but can you honestly think that when something like Hulk PF went around that somebody took a good look at any of them?

Last edited:
Boba Fett: Sorry buddy, that barrel is straight. :)

Vader: My replacement arm has the correct paint application.

Obi Wan: Lean, if it was intentional = best mistake ever! I think it looks more bad ass this way, pushing into the wind. As for the sabre hilt, until you mentioned it, i didn't even know it was missing. Don't really care because I prefer to display him with his light sabre anyway.

These pieces hardly "scream" lack of care. They are generally recognized by the collecting community as masterpieces. The paint apps on these pieces are so detailed and well done they rank as some of the best in my collection.

Boba Fett: Sorry buddy, that barrel is straight. :)

Vader: My replacement arm has the correct paint application.

Obi Wan: Lean, if it was intentional = best mistake ever! I think it looks more bad ass this way, pushing into the wind. As for the sabre hilt, until you mentioned it, i didn't even know it was missing. Don't really care because I prefer to display him with his light sabre anyway.

These pieces hardly "scream" lack of care. They are generally recognized by the collecting community as masterpieces. The paint apps on these pieces are so detailed and well done they rank as some of the best in my collection.

I'd have to see your replacement vader hand to see if it was incorrect or not ;p

Fett the e-11 barrel is straight however it does not line up with the stock at all

The paint apps are indeed among the best, though the SW line has thankfully hasn't had as many paint issues as others. A lot of people didn't prefer to put him with the in-hand light saber, especially as it's undersized (it's a too handed weapon remember, and since it was built of the mk1 grenade size references are available and not "made up").

If they didn't have good paints and amazing designs I think the small flaws would have been even more glaring.

edit: Don't get me wrong though, it is a shame that they had to put this on hold. I was quite looking forward to a pre-cyborg Grievous even though I don't like the PT much. I am happy the McQuarrie stuff is the same size/scale as well so it has something to fit. The attakus bases are normal sized so they don't fix in amazingly well with the mythos.

Last edited:
Back