Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really sucks, the reason I went with european retailers it´s because SS won't ship to my country...

I've heard that from quite a few people. Sorry your order got cancelled, but I'm not surprised SS went this route as they probably reap the biggest financial reward this way. Business is business and sometimes the customer gets burned. Keep an eye on eBay, wouldn't be surprised to see a handful show up there eventually.

That really sucks, the reason I went with european retailers it´s because SS won't ship to my country...

That definitely sucks. I wonder if they are going to cancel the whole run now, or if people who ordered direct are still going to get theirs? This whole thing has been so confusing. It was sold out, then it wasn't, now they're cancelling orders.... :thud:

That definitely sucks. I wonder if they are going to cancel the whole run now, or if people who ordered direct are still going to get theirs? This whole thing has been so confusing. It was sold out, then it wasn't, now they're cancelling orders.... :thud:

From what I've heard, they are cancelling the EU orders, but their website orders will be fulfilled. I haven't heard of anybody having their order cancelled directly from SS.

its not just in EU that this is getting cancelled..the retailer in Singapore has also received the notification
we can safely assume this is global cancellation

Maybe it was just another perfidious marketing movement - we can call it the next level of SSC bla bla.
Rising hopes to the people who missed the first batch and let them enter the mythos line by purchasing the other statues - at least DV is still available at several LCSs and I am sure some people bought him with the Q4 Obi shipment in mind.

this is yet another slap in the face to ADs. It is easy to treat people like crap when you are a monopoly.

its not just in EU that this is getting cancelled..the retailer in Singapore has also received the notification
we can safely assume this is global cancellation

Simply Toys has got their entire obi wan order cancelled too? Did they send you a notification of this?

Simply Toys has got their entire obi wan order cancelled too? Did they send you a notification of this?

i called the bugis branch yesterday and they mentioned they were in the midst of issuing the refunds.
in the rebelscum forums, somebody mentioned popcultcha has cancelled their pre orders so i presume this is not just EU, could be a worldwide cancellation.

i called the bugis branch yesterday and they mentioned they were in the midst of issuing the refunds.
in the rebelscum forums, somebody mentioned popcultcha has cancelled their pre orders so i presume this is not just EU, could be a worldwide cancellation.

Seems like it's anyone who didn't order directly through SS when the statue became available again. I think demand was more than what SS had planned on and now they have to cancel all the AD orders in order to take care of the direct sales customers. Poor planning on SS part, they had to see this coming, there was a lot of chatter regarding how popular this statue is.

its quite depressing really...but i just hooked up on the waitlist once i heard about the cancellations, long shot but hopefully something turns out.
already been on the fett mythos waitlist for months.:mad:

Just recieved this email.

Dear customer,

Unfortunately today we received the following statement from our distributor:

---

We just received the following info from Sideshow regarding item Star Wars: Ben Kenobi Mythos Statue.
Unfortunatelly Sideshow didn’t receive enough orders to do a reproduction. So they decided to not reproduce this item.
All your orders will be cancelled from your backorders.
Sorry for the trouble and thank you for you understanding

---

I am hearing similar reports from other distributor throughout Europe. But those that ordered directly from the Sideshow website have not yet received any cancellations. So it seems that Sideshow is screwing one over on all retailers by only releasing reproductions in their own store.
This is still speculation as there has been no official statement, but if this is the case, the big question is why on earth did they open it up for wholesale order in the first place!?

I'm going to wait a bit longer to hopefully get some definitive answers, but more than likely we're going to have to cancel your preorder for the statue. Any done payments will be transferred to other preorders or your shop account as store credit, or they can be transferred back to you if you prefer.

We're terribly sorry about this bad news, but this is entirely due to Sideshow. :(

Hey guys,

Here is the response I got from the Sideshow help desk yesterday. Sideshow is still distributing the statue through their site, but unfortunately, they are cancelling sales through other retailers.

ben2.JPG

So.. this means I won't be able to get it from a European retailer... damn you sideshow.. screwing me over once again with your anti-European policy. Not enough that we don't get any exclusives here.. now if I want this statue I have to go via sideshow and pay 30% extra in import taxes.. great.

Dam!!! Just heard from my retailer here in Australia.. Cancelled!! I was really looking forward to this one, now if I want it I'll have to pay double the price through ebay or similar. :pfft:

Have to say, just finished reading 'Kenobi' and this statue is how I visualised Ben in that film, very atmospheric.

Weren't all of the Mythos statues listed as Sideshow exclusives? It says right on the product page "This item is exclusively available only at SideshowCollectibles.com". Why would any retailers get them?

Back