Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah that's it, thank you.

Well, I bit the bullet and put in an order the other day. I'm having a little regret due to cost, but I'm hoping to be blown away.

This seems like it begs for a rotating display stand. Anyone know of any such lazy Suzan style display to put beneath the base?

1394406569585.jpg

Hi
New to the forum! First post in fact.
I've got both Darth's on Flex Plan with SS, Boba Fett on the waitlist (I know he'll never convert!)
Had my Obi-Wan dreams broken yesterday....
I pre-ordered it through Forbidden Planet.com, hoping to avoid Fedex's income tax for once! but yesterday they emailed me saying "Sideshow have ceased production and they won't be getting any"
I've also pre-ordered it on Forbiden planet.co.uk and they have yet to email me with more bad news!
The worst thing is I was on SS's waitlist for Obi and I said no thanks to them because I trusted Forbidden Planet.
I'm now scared everytime I look at my emails!
Anyway, thought you might like a story to brighten up your day....moral of the story is....screw the tax and go straight to SS

some people r getting responses from their LCS that Sideshow is no longer re-producing Obi & therefor canceling their preorders! this is really strange

I guess they wised up and decided to put the rest on their website instead of going to shops.

Yo, as i heard, 220 european shops will not get any Mythos Obi`s and canceling the preorders...

I think, the demand was so big, that Sideshow decided to sell them directly (Mythos was beside Europe, Sideshow Exclusiv right?),
bad for us Euros, but thats just business...

some people r getting responses from their LCS that Sideshow is no longer re-producing Obi & therefor canceling their preorders! this is really strange

First off, they were never "reproducing" this statue. They were filling what was remaining of his ES. They are, however, cancelling the EU shops that had orders to get him. I suspect their own website demand was higher than what they expected and they ended up selling what was left through their site.

I'm thinking we'll see some of these on Ebay shortly after release. If mine doesn't blow me away I'll probably put it on Ebay. I was on the fence, but went for it when I saw it go up again because, if anything, I can always sell it.

Oh man that completely sucks. I hope Forbidden Planet refunded your deposit. I placed my waitlist on the 18th of May, so not too long ago. There may be hope!

Maybe the problem with FB was that they got to many pre-orders, they didn't asked for a NRD (probably many ordered as a backup plan), and if go to the page it will still let you preorder :dunno. I have it preordered in two other sites. I emailed sideshow and they told me that they haven´t received word yet about other european retailers will be affected so I´ve got my fingers crossed.

My waitlist converted on this. Sold of most of my SW collection but Ben has a special place in my collection and it sounds like this one is just an absolute out of the ballpark statue.

Still holding out hope for a ROTS Obi PF, but this will do til then.

My waitlist converted on this. Sold of most of my SW collection but Ben has a special place in my collection and it sounds like this one is just an absolute out of the ballpark statue.

Still holding out hope for a ROTS Obi PF, but this will do til then.

It most definitely is, you'll be glad to have him, especially if Ben is a favorite!

I had one on pre-order from a retailer in Australia, and I just got a phone call to say that the order has been cancelled. So it isn't limited just to the UK. :(

Back